The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 3-3 West Ham - Sunday 18th October, 2020

football forum

• The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan said:

To be honest that comment was more aimed at Kane. I think Kane had showed signs he was slowing down a bit. He's been the best player in the league so far and comfortably. Kane's got 5 goals and 7 assists in 5 games. That's absolutely mental form.

But if you notice, he seems to have adapted his game which backs up the assists for sure. He likes to drop quite deep now and receive the ball as opposed to hanging up front and he's got the intelligence to use the ball wisely. Really shocked me today actually how many times he picked up the ball in his own half.

I don't know if that was Mourinho wanting him more involved or his own suggestion but it's definitely working for him, and Son seems to be profiting from it as well running into the space.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

But if you notice, he seems to have adapted his game which backs up the assists for sure. He likes to drop quite deep now and receive the ball as opposed to hanging up front and he's got the intelligence to use the ball wisely. Really shocked me today actually how many times he picked up the ball in his own half.

I don't know if that was Mourinho wanting him more involved or his own suggestion but it's definitely working for him, and Son seems to be profiting from it as well running into the space.

That's what I'm really starting to like about him. I'm watching him now thinking he's actually got even more to his game than I ever thought. I really think there's a case for England to try similar, drop Kane a little deeper and have Sterling / Sancho playing the roles that Son / Lucas / Bergwijn do. Or.... Kane and Vardy.

Kane's been phenomenal this season. Absolutely smashing it.

• Subscriber

I thought Kane always played deep even when Poch was in charge. You'd see him drop lower on the sides to allow the midfield to push the ball up. Not sure about England as that is a totally different setup but I think he's been doing it with Spurs for a while now. 

Archived