talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa - Sunday 18th October, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber

0-0 half time. I think we've been OK. Villa definitely look a lot better than they were last season. Grealish does worry me. That's part of why England are stupid for not utilising him. He scares teams.

I just wish we were a bit more ruthless. They've given the ball away to us three times in their own half and let us break on them about 2 on 2 and I don't think we got a shot off on any occasion. That's the difference with us and a top team.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I would say Spurs, Chelsea and Leicester all dropping the ball again this weekend is great news for us but you just can't rule out Aston Villa keeping this up either.

Mad start to the season, really could be the most open and competitive top half we've seen for years.

• Administrator

Poor game from us. Beetter than last week but that's not saying much. It wasn't remarkably better either. Suffering from loss of key players but also just a lack of positive mindset and approach to the game.

As @Dan says, that Hamza sub is weird. When you're at home 0-0 to Villa, you'd surely want to win the game and put an attacking player on - Under was on the bench and could have come on.

Fofana is the only one that comes out of that with any credit.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 0-1 Aston Villa - Sunday 18th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

I thought Villa played well. They have a genuine top player in Grealish and they've bought more attacking talent to help supplement that, and in doing so their defence has improved as well as it's taken the pressure off them. I think they'll do well this year, can't see them sticking around this high but I'd back them to finish above us right now.

It's worth considering that we had a lot of key players missing, but this is not going to be a one-off this season, it's why I've never felt overly confident about our prospects this year. Get used to lineups like that and get used to us flattering to deceive.

The one positive is I think Fofana was very good, and for me was our best player.

Bar essentially Jamie Vardy, you would never have assumed that was pretty much the same Leicester side that had struck 5 past City. No way.

Bit of a tough game to watch that, Villa shaded it but a draw would have been fair for me. It seemed really devoid of quality till that moment Barkley popped up. Great strike to be fair.

• Administrator

Villa have done well in the transfer market to be fair. Although he was quiet today Watkins is a good addition. Barkley has popped up with the winner. It takes the weight to provide for the team off of Grealish's shoulders and means he can play with more freedom, like he has today. And Martinez wasn't tested today but he's clearly made a difference too - vast improvement on Reina & Nyland. I guess Traore will come good as a good striker option as well throughout the season.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bar essentially Jamie Vardy, you would never have assumed that was pretty much the same Leicester side that had struck 5 past City. No way.

Bit of a tough game to watch that, Villa shaded it but a draw would have been fair for me. It seemed really devoid of quality till that moment Barkley popped up. Great strike to be fair.

We have hardly anybody who seems to do that for us. I can't remember the last time we nicked a game late on like that. This is why I find Maddison, Barnes, Perez and to a lesser degree Tielemans infuriating.

When things click we're a very good side. When they don't we're really quite flat. We're built to capitalise on a high line like Man City's, but anybody who drops a bit deeper seems to have little problem dealing with us.

How Cengiz Under saw no minutes tonight is beyond me. That sort of situation is precisely what he's come in for. He played nearly a full game for Turkey the other night.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

We have hardly anybody who seems to do that for us. I can't remember the last time we nicked a game late on like that. This is why I find Maddison, Barnes, Perez and to a lesser degree Tielemans infuriating.

When things click we're a very good side. When they don't we're really quite flat. We're built to capitalise on a high line like Man City's, but anybody who drops a bit deeper seems to have little problem dealing with us.

How Cengiz Under saw no minutes tonight is beyond me. That sort of situation is precisely what he's come in for. He played nearly a full game for Turkey the other night.

Yeah, there's times you can look so slick when you are on the counter and then others...like that with no idea. 

When I watched that game tonight, I couldn't understand why you didn't go all out for someone like Benrahma, who offers creativity, bit of skill.

You were screaming out for a player like him who offered something different.

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, there's times you can look so slick when you are on the counter and then others...like that with no idea. 

When I watched that game tonight, I couldn't understand why you didn't go all out for someone like Benrahma, who offers creativity, bit of skill.

You were screaming out for a player like him who offered something different.

I think we're quite one-paced. When things are going our way we can really take teams to pieces, but get in our faces, frustrate us, we fall like a pack of cards. I think most of the league have cottoned onto this now and we've not really found a way around it.

I'm hoping that Cengiz can be everything you've said Benrahma is. He's supposedly got the skillset.

Soyuncu out for 3 months too. After a very bright opening few games this is quickly becoming everything I feared.

Arsenal (a), Leeds (a), Wolves (h) and Liverpool (a) our next four. That's after the Europa League has kicked off too. It's worrying.

I think we've got to go relatively weak against Zorya but it's hard to know how good they actually are. I can see them coming here and parking 11 Ukrainian buses here and I wouldn't be shocked if it worked.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Dan said:

See the bet I considered having Stan? I've potentially cost myself thousands xD

The draws one. Did you put it on?! What would 5 draws have got you back? 

• Subscriber

I hope Klopp watched this game. And I hope he learned what to do when you have a team that likes to utilize spaces because the things Leicester did (apart from winning) could have made a difference when we played them. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Stan said:

The draws one. Did you put it on?! What would 5 draws have got you back? 

I worked it out but I think 5 draws about £150, 6 draws about £600 and 7 draws about £3,000. 8 would've been about £11,000 xD

I did just look at this weekends Premier League fixtures, having to pick a home win, an away win and a draw and was thinking "don't trust them, don't trust them, don't trust them" so thought about doing that. Ah well.

Obviously my home team was fucking Tottenham.

Archived