talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-1 Wolves - Monday 20th October, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Leeds - 41
Draws - 22
Wolves - 33

Last Meeting
07/03/2018 - Leeds 0-3 Wolves (Championship)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough game for us tonight. Wolves are usually pretty solid and not the easiest to break down. They had a good record at our place in the Championship so we owe them one.

No doubt we'll have a go at them and see what occurs. I expect it to be tough for Bamford tonight with the way Wolves set up with the 3 centre backs so we will need to rely on width and pulling those defenders out a bit to create space.

Bit of a worry at centre back as we picked up two injuries on international duty but Marcelo has had a few days to come up with a plan.

Good news to have Pablo Hernandez back tonight as a possible option, despite his age he's got a great football brain. Harrison is back too and Raphinha will be on the bench after his move so we're looking healthy for attacking weapons.

Hope Marcelo starts with Rodrigo at 10. The bloke was instrumental against City, can see why we paid the money for that extra bit of class now, he just links up the play so well.

• Administrator
Just now, Dan said:

Another dive is acknowledged yet no yellow card is awarded.

That Costa one was more in the 'initiated contact' as opposed to dive, no? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

England have been a bit too positive for that to be the case.

Portugal's football is incredibly dour. It's a huge myth that they're good to watch.

From the two games I watched recently I'd agree with you. I was more talking about the kits because I got a stream link and I said what in the world is this. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

England have been a bit too positive for that to be the case.

Portugal's football is incredibly dour. It's a huge myth that they're good to watch.

There's always a tweet :ph34r:

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

From the two games I watched recently I'd agree with you. I was more talking about the kits because I got a stream link and I said what in the world is this. 

Yeah I do mean Wolves although tbh you could apply it to Portugal too. Both are good sides but very dour to watch.

Wolves are as dull to watch as anybody in the league.

• Administrator

Quality from Meslier, that. Had fuck all to do all half then saves when it matters. Wolves have been poor. Leeds dominated for about all but 30 seconds of that half.

Weird seeing our defence on the half way line and Wolves pretty much across their box. They are definitely being precautious, to be fair you could say its working.

Whilst we have dominated, we've not really created clear cut chances, they have all been half chances really.

We are just missing that final ball of quality. We have players in the bench that can offer that, Pablo Hernandez may get the shout here to try and unlock this Wolves defence.

We just need to be careful. Last minute if the first half was evidence of that.

• The title was changed to Leeds 0-1 Wolves - Monday 20th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived