Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Group F - Matchday 1 - Tuesday 20th October, 2020

Zenit St Petersburg vs Club Brugge, 17.55 (BST)

Lazio vs Borussia Dortmund, 20.00 (BST)

1-0 to Lazio! First goal of the night. Immobile with the goal against his ex-club.

2-0 Lazio. Luis Felipe with a glancing header. Expected more of Dortmund.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Devil-Dick Willie remember when you were talking shit about Lazio and sucking off Dortmund? xD Wanker

No I don't. I recall saying that fast Italian fuckwit was shit, that's about it? Ask @Tommy I fucking hate Dortmund. Oh, and that as grand arbiter of racism, Lazio are one of the most despicable teams on the planet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No I don't. I recall saying that fast Italian fuckwit was shit, that's about it? Ask @Tommy I fucking hate Dortmund. Oh, and that as grand arbiter of racism, Lazio are one of the most despicable teams on the planet.

Lazio aren't racist, the fans are. Come on now.

paolo di canio fascist salute

Have a sit down mate. 

Ah yes, I didn't realise a player from twenty years ago represented the entirety of the Lazio football club, from the manager, down all the way to the waterboy, all the way back up to the owner. Alessandro Nesta played for Lazio as well, wanna give AC MIlan a phone and tell them one of their best players of all time is a notorious racist.

Also you should know that Italian Fascism does not equate to Nazism.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Ah yes, I didn't realise a player from twenty years ago represented the entirety of the Lazio football club, from the manager, down all the way to the waterboy, all the way back up to the owner. Alessandro Nesta played for Lazio as well, wanna give AC MIlan a phone and tell them one of their best players of all time is a notorious racist.

Also you should know that Italian Fascism does not equate to Nazism.

Never called anyone a nazi genius. Also, yes, the club cultivates racism. 

Never called anyone a nazi genius. Also, yes, the club cultivates racism. 

The implication was there with the photo of di Canio, otherwise why did you post it? The man himself has played for notorious 'left wing' club Celtic, and stated himself he is a fascist not a racist.

Favre should be sacked. 
he tried but Dortmund lacks consistency.  They do not show up for big team games (Bayern or in this case lazio)

lazio lost 3:0 over the weekend, their first of this season. And turn around and win 3:1 on the road. 
yes it’s time to say goodbye to favre 

Dortmund just scream “bottlers”. At every big game they absolute shit out. Go so many talented players in that team that they should be doing a lot better. 

13 hours ago, Spike said:

The implication was there with the photo of di Canio, otherwise why did you post it? The man himself has played for notorious 'left wing' club Celtic, and stated himself he is a fascist not a racist.

Not sure that distinction is as great as you think. I've heard a lot of people try to apologise for Fascism, claiming that it's not inherently racist and Mussolini was just a decent guy really until old Adolf came along. Not sure that's really true, at best you can say Fascism is very amenable to racism and at worst it is a pretty obvious direct consequence of it.

Let's also not forget that Lazio fans have coopted the Swastika, so pleas that they're 'not racist just fascist' are pretty pathetic tbh. An appalling fanbase, with maybe only Chelsea for company in terms of racist support, in the top leagues anyway. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Not sure that distinction is as great as you think. I've heard a lot of people try to apologise for Fascism, claiming that it's not inherently racist and Mussolini was just a decent guy really until old Adolf came along. Not sure that's really true, at best you can say Fascism is very amenable to racism and at worst it is a pretty obvious direct consequence of it.

Let's also not forget that Lazio fans have coopted the Swastika, so pleas that they're 'not racist just fascist' are pretty pathetic tbh. An appalling fanbase, with maybe only Chelsea for company in terms of racist support, in the top leagues anyway. 

The skull I have as my sig was originally a pop at inverted who was putting forward the debate that a totenkopf would always have SS implications, and I stood up for some random tinpot with the counter argument that skulls are just cool, pirates used them and that he shouldn't make such harsh claims without researching that clubs fans intentions. 
And even by Australia's loose standards my sense of humor can be pretty inappropriate. But Lazio are scum. Scum club, scum fans. 

13 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Well surely the Chelsea fans that gained notoriety in the 80s and 90s are surely the minority now? I don't seem to recall reading about much of that nastiness pre-80s, but it could just be because it was documented as well as the height of the hooliganism years. Many clubs have a racial issues, Lazio are just famous for it. Rangers, Linfield, Hamburg, many [most] Spanish and Italian clubs, and most Eastern-European clubs have had incidents. I recall reading that the latest incident concerning Lazio fans lead to the club demanding the fans pay the fines that UEFA levied against the club.

It's a dreadful thing but you can read about clubs like Atalanta and Lazio are diametrically opposed politically and philosophically but then read about how Atalanta fans threw bananas at black players. What I dislike is how Lazio being the big bad evil club essentially drains the spotlight from how clubs like AS Roma have a racial incident every other month as well. Even a Tottenham fan threw a banana at Aubameyang a bit back, it's everywhere, but not every fan of Lazio is racist or a fascist, nor is a fan of any other club innocent as well. Could you tell me without certainty that there are no people with biases sitting near you when you're at your Hull City games? Racism is deeper than the organised sorts that bloody wave flags around, proudly exclaiming their ideals.

On 20/10/2020 at 22:48, Spike said:

Lazio aren't racist, the fans are. Come on now.

The fans are the mot important part of a club, not something exterior.

7 hours ago, Relling said:

The fans are the mot important part of a club, not something exterior.

Then why are a small set of Lazio fans representative of the entire fanbase and club? I'm sure there are plenty that don't like what the Ultras do and would have them gone.