talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

Just now, Inverted said:

Always seemed fairly obvious. The population of Merseyside or Greater Manchester is a drop in the ocean compared to India, India, China, Nigeria, Indonesia or the USA. 

I mean this concept is literally what United’s success over the last 3 decades has been built on, this action now is just that thought process on steroids

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Inverted said:

Always seemed fairly obvious. The population of Merseyside or Greater Manchester is a drop in the ocean compared to India, India, China, Nigeria, Indonesia or the USA. 

Don't forget India

I think we should just turn Real Madrid into a kind of Harlem Globetrotters where they play glorified friendlies with random teams and get crowned the greatest team in the world every year.

You can even give Florentino Perez a little golden crown and make him the King of Football, on the condition that he and his club stay out of the way of serious competitions. 

• Subscriber

Well it'll make running Gloryhunter a bit more interesting! People changing teams more often than ever!

I'm thinking that if they'd bothered to speak to the 'legacy fans', they'd have realised that the majority don't want this and it's the fans in other countries that just want to see big teams scrapping against each other. But that will slowly get very dull as others have said when there's a divide in the Super League of teams who are doing well and those who aren't.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Betis have updated the La Liga table on their website without Barca, Real and Atleti:D 

Amazing :D

Would love to see other clubs do this. 

• Administrator
Just now, SkyBruce Championship said:

Milton Keynes probably has more fans of the super league clubs than of MK Dons. This league is for them.

They're one of the 3 clubs the ESL want. It was never the German clubs :ph34r:

Starting to get the feeling the clubs are wanting the domestic leagues to kick them out now. 

I don't see how you can run the two leagues side by side given the commitment to the ESL you will need. 

How do you motivate yourself against Fulham (No disrespect to them, nice club) when you know you've got Madrid on the Tuesday and then Barca the following Wednesday. 

The Premier League will be devalued the same way the FA Cup has, weak teams etc...

• Subscriber

If the clubs do get kicked out of their domestic competitions, what's the actual appeal of playing in this Super League besides money anyway? Like would you even be arsed? Imagine playing for Atletico Madrid and only being involved in one tournament every year which you won't be able to win, no relegation, no European qualification, if you're not one of the 2-3 teams in the title race then you're effectively just getting paid to play dead rubbers for your entire career. I know a lot of footballers could be accused of being sell-outs but this would be next level stuff. I can see quite a lot of players wanting to be involved in it for a few years by convincing themselves that they want to test themselves against the best but ultimately prefer to spend the bulk of their careers in the German or French leagues where they can get the experience of relationships with the fans and traditional competitions.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived