talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

- Clubs secretly want their players to be banned from International Competitions. 

I can't imagine players will be happy about this. Probably on the phone to their agents as we all speculate.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

- Several Board Members at each of the Top 6 clubs against it. 

- Owners are 100% for it and expected backlash. 

- Owners are not worried about bad PR. 

- "Primary goal is to maximise revenue and profits, the wider good of the game is seen as second." 

- Clubs secretly want their players to be banned from International Competitions. 

Disgusting, owners who have never been talking to the media have opened their mouths today. Disgusts me that we've had near 20 years of the Glazers and no communication and today they want to talk.

These owners need removing for the good of the game, they are the reason the game is dying. 

Cup competitions are dying, small clubs are dying. Greed at the top of the tree is destroying everything. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's huge, you've basically got to write off your international career to play in this tournament.

Tuchel publicly stating he only found out yesterday but is for the competition and trusts the club's decision. Saddening to hear that but I hope he's only doing that with a gun to the back of his head. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tuchel publicly stating he only found out yesterday but is for the competition and trusts the club's decision. Saddening to hear that but I hope he's only doing that with a gun to the back of his head. 

That's the first football associated person to come out and show it support. 

There has to be more, these money men couldn't have got this off the ground without some sort of encouragement that this could be possible. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

That's the first football associated person to come out and show it support. 

There has to be more, these money men couldn't have got this off the ground without some sort of encouragement that this could be possible. 

Expecting all 15 managers to be "for it". 

Just now, Cicero said:

Expecting all 15 managers to be "for it". 

Klopp has already openly spoken against it. The poor bastard has to be the first manager to face the media tonight as well, god knows what he's going to say. 

I actually think Klopp could be the type that would morally walk away from a job to prove his point. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tuchel has been in the job for five minutes, he was never going to go against the board on this.

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't believe this for a second. Just find it far too crass even for these parasites in the game to come out with shite like that. They're not that stupid.

All I saw was Kaveh's face and decided not to listen. No credibility what so ever.

“I trust my club will make the right decision” 

Well, Tommy, they made it. It’s now on you to decide if you’re in or out. Seems like he’s already made his feelings clear. Greed hidden under a “best competition” blanket. 

25 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I thought Abramovich would be more of a nerve agent in the tea kinda guy. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

“I trust my club will make the right decision” 

Well, Tommy, they made it. It’s now on you to decide if you’re in or out. Seems like he’s already made his feelings clear. Greed hidden under a “best competition” blanket. 

yeah he bottled it to be fair. 

28 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Considering his boss, there’s a 50-50 chance he did have a gun to his head

22 minutes ago, Devil said:

Klopp has already openly spoken against it. The poor bastard has to be the first manager to face the media tonight as well, god knows what he's going to say. 

I actually think Klopp could be the type that would morally walk away from a job to prove his point. 

I think FSG won’t care if he walks at this point. They’ll get their money grabbing league they won’t be relegated from.

No need to wear the mask of wanting to be ambitious anymore. It’ll be a league like the NBA or the NFL, where there’s some teams that are seemingly always shite and the owners don’t care because they’re still going to be getting lots of money from the league they can’t be relegated from.

I feel for Spurs and Arsenal fans, at least FSG gave us the league title I’d always wanted to see before they played their part in ruining football for everyone.

I don't blame Tuchal for going along a pretty on the fence line. Doesn't exactly back the comments, but just aligns with the club.

It's pretty awful that none of the club's have actually offered a decision maker at the club for an interview and will just hide behind Tuchal, Klopp etc. Who really, in the context of the club, are just middle management really.

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

I don't blame Tuchal for going along a pretty on the fence line. Doesn't exactly back the comments, but just aligns with the club.

"I knew since yesterday (about the ESL). I'm here to be in the hardest competitions. I trust my club to make the right decisions. My role is to be a coach and focus on our games."

"There are a lot of comments, arguments, and opinions (on ESL). I don't want to get involved, I don't know the details. I haven't see the players yet, we train later today. The thing is to stay calm and focus on our match, which is maybe a little bit different now."

"I am an employee of this club and my job is very clear. I don't know the full details, I was not involved in the decision making. Maybe it's a good thing to step back and not give our opinions, and fight for the goals we still have this season."

Not much wrong here after seeing his full statement. Pathetic from the club for he to be the one to face those questions when he's juggling 3 competitions at the moment. 

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

4 of the 6 English clubs involved in this cash grab project are US owned. It only takes a look on twitter to see the few voices online that are for the super league.

Tottenham English

Chelsea russian

mam city Saudi 

did Tottenham get sold?

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fucking hell, there goes the Europa league!!!

PSG get the Champions league?

I actually refuse to believe they aren't involved, they will be sat back letting the 12 clubs get a kicking whilst knowing they were going to take up a spot. 

Of all the clubs involved it makes more sense to them. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Not much wrong here after seeing his full statement. Pathetic from the club for he to be the one to face those questions when he's juggling 3 competitions at the moment. 

I don't really know what people expect managers to say really??? They are just middlemen that get told by their clubs 'this is what's happening' Decisions like this one are well above their pay grade but they are being put on the spot and people are expecting an answer one way or another before they have even had chance to let it sink in... 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived