• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

but my point still stands. if the government has no power to deport illegal immigrants how can they have the power to stop clubs buying foreign players. you cant have a government that says illegal immigrants can stay in the country until they have legal process but we can block clubs buying foreign players. 

Why not, it's what happens now, many people from around the World apply to legally imigrate to the UK every year and not all of them are accepted.

Now that the UK is not part of the EEC, of course the UK government could easily stop clubs from buying foreign players, because foreign players are not going to try and enter the country illegally in the back of a truck or paddling an inflatable raft.

That's the difference between legal and illegal

1 minute ago, Seve said:

Why not, it's what happens now, many people from around the World apply to legally imigrate to the UK every year and not all of them are accepted.

Now that the UK is not part of the EEC, of course the UK government could easily stop clubs from buying foreign players, because foreign players are not going to try and enter the country illegally in the back of a truck or paddling an inflatable raft.

That's the difference between legal and illegal

but the UK government has to go to court to deport foreign criminals that have been convicted of serious crimes. so if the UK government cant deport serious criminals from the country how do they have the power to stop clubs buying foreign players. like as a british man i would like to know how my government can stop foreign football players from coming to england but have no power to stop or deport foreign criminals from coming to my country. if they can stop one they can stop the other. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Perez is royally pissing me off. 

One of several arrogant comments tonight. Acting like Real have suffered so badly compared to other clubs that have literally folded. 

'save the clubs'. No. It saves the biggest clubs by making them richer while the poor get poorer. 

Lol Perez usually fires the manager whenever Real don't win either the Champions League or La Liga during a season, imagine the turnover once they are nolonger in La Liga and find themselves not winning the Superleague every year!

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

but the UK government has to go to court to deport foreign criminals that have been convicted of serious crimes. so if the UK government cant deport serious criminals from the country how do they have the power to stop clubs buying foreign players. like as a british man i would like to know how my government can stop foreign football players from coming to england but have no power to stop or deport foreign criminals from coming to my country. if they can stop one they can stop the other. 

Foreign criminals try to operate in secret, what is one more illegal act when youre already engaged in a criminal enterprise

Future foreign players would not be prepared break the law. The consequences of being caught aren't worth it to them when they could more easily just go and play somewhere else

Just joined the forum. 

Reading all the disappointment  from European  fans here , its resonable to be angry at your club owners. 

I am for the one think Super league will not doom and gloom if they implement  the system better than champions  league.  

My only worry is appointing guy like Perez on top  , when these guys  talk about corruption  and UEFA are not sharing their revenue  model there i find things are murky in water. So it does seem to me UEFA had the idea of Super league but with 36 teams . The 12 so called big ones are purely  into business revenue they knew the league structure will not benefit  them and wanted lion share of profit which UEFA may have rejected it. 

We'll see how it goes from here. Football is forever changed now and sadly the era of so called NFL based with no relegation could happen. 

Fans still have power to stop it they are the only people club will listen now. 

5 hours ago, montybhopa said:

I am surprised how this guy has not been involved in any corruption scandal. Scum of earth. Makes you hate La Liga and Real Madrid more.

The guy is at best represent crony capitalism . I do think he knows legal loopholes to stay out from controversy. Perez is smart businessman mind you and definitely  knows the trick with money.

He will make sure league will go through they have planned it well for past decade. U am just surprised  fans are shocked . Wenger literally hinted the league will happen in a decade . 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Kingslayer said:

Just joined the forum. 

Reading all the disappointment  from European  fans here , its resonable to be angry at your club owners. 

I am for the one think Super league will not doom and gloom if they implement  the system better than champions  league.  

My only worry is appointing guy like Perez on top  , when these guys  talk about corruption  and UEFA are not sharing their revenue  model there i find things are murky in water. So it does seem to me UEFA had the idea of Super league but with 36 teams . The 12 so called big ones are purely  into business revenue they knew the league structure will not benefit  them and wanted lion share of profit which UEFA may have rejected it. 

We'll see how it goes from here. Football is forever changed now and sadly the era of so called NFL based with no relegation could happen. 

Fans still have power to stop it they are the only people club will listen now. 

A few points. 

Firstly, welcome to the forum :D

Secondly, it's not whether the ESL will be good or not in, it's the fact the system itself prevents clubs the owners don't want there from getting in and upsetting that system. It stops the underdog story of something like Leicester winning the league or APOEL getting to a quarter-final of the Champions League. They stop that right away with a competition like that.

The Champions League is a competition whereby clubs enter based on domestic success, and that is what is rewarded. The ESL takes that domestic success away. Leicester, Everton, West Ham, Villa etc win the league in future? Nah, not bothered. We have our chosen clubs to start with because they make the most revenue, have the biggest global audiences so that's who we really want. 

As for fans, I don't think clubs will actively listen right now. The motions are too far along to seemingly stop it. Fans can protest though with their actions - don't buy the clubs merch, don't watch the games on whatever platform/company chooses to air it. Don't buy tickets to the games. That will hit them harder the more people do it. Sadly there's enough of a pull from around the world to compensate for that in my opinion and that's where they'll deem it a success. Ironically calling it a European Super League when in reality the biggest audiences will come from places that aren't in Europe. 

This is all going to end up being about who has the biggest bollocks isn't it... 

No matter how much they threaten to ban/eliminate these teams and players from their competitions it will be a question of if they go through with it or just end up having to bend over and assume the position to get the biggest arse fucking modern football has seen for a long while... I mean they are still saying that UEFA are planning on kicking out Real Madrid, Chelsea & Man City from the CL this Friday leaving PSG to claim the crown by default and what a shitty way to win that would be.. Likewise Man United & Arsenal in the Europa League... 

Personally I think the Premier League will buckle for starters, I can't see them kicking those teams out of the league over here... I would think the same would apply in Spain & Italy as well

Typical City, best chance of winning the CL and about to get themselves banned! :4_joy: ..the timing of the announcement is just stupid on less they want to wreck this seasons CL as a big fuck you!

Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid could be expelled from the Champions League by the end of the week, according to a Uefa member, as the fallout from the announcement of the controversial European Super League continues. The trio are among the semi-finalists in Uefa’s flagship competition but have signalled their intention to breakaway and form a new league, and Danish FA head Jesper Moller said yesterday: ““The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday. Then we have to find out how to finish (this season’s) Champions League tournament.”

It would likely mean the same punishment for Manchester United and Arsenal, who also are part of the 12 clubs breaking away from Uefa and are currently in the Europa League semi-finals, due to face Roma and Villarreal. Uefa is threatening to ban players of clubs in the newly proposed Super League from playing in Euro 2020 as well as the World Cup and Champions League, as president Aleksander Ceferin hit out at those behind the breakaway competition in an explosive press conference, calling Manchester United executive Ed Woodward a “snake”.

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I mean they are still saying that UEFA are planning on kicking out Real Madrid, Chelsea & Man City from the CL this Friday leaving PSG to claim the crown by default and what a shitty way to win that would be.. Likewise Man United & Arsenal in the Europa League... 

Personally I think the Premier League will buckle for starters, I can't see them kicking those teams out of the league over here... I would think the same would apply in Spain & Italy as well

I don't see PSG not joining the SL so it would be funny if they just handed it to them :4_joy:  ..i bet the German clubs are working out how to join too

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This is all going to end up being about who has the biggest bollocks isn't it... 

No matter how much they threaten to ban/eliminate these teams and players from their competitions it will be a question of if they go through with it or just end up having to bend over and assume the position to get the biggest arse fucking modern football has seen for a long while... I mean they are still saying that UEFA are planning on kicking out Real Madrid, Chelsea & Man City from the CL this Friday leaving PSG to claim the crown by default and what a shitty way to win that would be.. Likewise Man United & Arsenal in the Europa League... 

Sadly I can't see them buckling all the way. However I think it'd be great if they say 'stay in the league but your 'prize money' for being in the league will be dispersed across the rest of the 14 other clubs who didn't choose to rip out the heart and soul from their club :)'. Take it or leave it! Or give them a huge points deduction like Rugby Union did to Saracens this season. Like 100+ pts each for the next few seasons so at least 3 will go down this season and then 3 the next. See how they like those apples!

I really would like to hear more from the players that are going to be affected by this... Are they for it/against it?? How do they feel about the threat of being kicked out of the Leagues/Cups and possible bans for being with the wrong team at the wrong time.. After all they have been ambushed by this I should imagine it's been a bit of a shock to some and maybe doesn't sit well... 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived