talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

Its funny that United and Liverpool are the ones leading the ESL from England. These two clubs are the last two you would usually expect to be involved in something like this given their history. City and Chelsea being the ones trying to break away (no pun intended) from the breakaway league is surprising too.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

Its funny that United and Liverpool are the ones leading the ESL from England. These two clubs are the last two you would usually expect to be involved in something like this given their history. City and Chelsea being the ones trying to break away (no pun intended) from the breakaway league is surprising too.

They’re both owned by Americans. It’s hardly rocket science. If anything, they were the most likely.

Just now, montybhopa said:

I know they are but I was expecting a stiff response from the players and managers. 

Solksjaer is a yes man, unlike Klopp, so United are fucked either way. We’ve been up a team mostly of mercenaries and shit ones at that. They’ll keep quiet whilst stalwarts like Milner go out and do the real work against this. Absolutely sickens me..

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Solksjaer is a yes man, unlike Klopp, so United are fucked either way. We’ve been up a team mostly of mercenaries and shit ones at that. They’ll keep quiet whilst stalwarts like Milner go out and do the real work against this. Absolutely sickens me..

I have already said, Klopp would have no problem in leaving Liverpool, he can easily go back to Germany and manage Bayern or Dortmund again. It's the Liverpool's loss here, no casual fans would care about them if they keep on losing good players and managers. Solksjaer is sycophant, you can only expect the level of his sycophancy by the fact that he is still employed by United.

6 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

I wonder what is making these oil money clubs stay away from this league? PSG and now City, they should be the first one to be on board given that they have never won the UCL. 

The league is about making their owners money. PSG and Man City aren't bothered about that aspect.

5 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

I wonder what is making these oil money clubs stay away from this league? PSG and now City, they should be the first one to be on board given that they have never won the UCL. 

I think from what I've read about PSG, their man Khelaifi is very close with UEFA and Ceferin, so it is to a degree a matter of personal/political loyalty. 

As for City I have no idea. They hate UEFA so I thought they would be more enthusiastic. 

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I dont think City are going through with it, seems we wasn't fully for it to start with, see what happens ..as some of you know got friends that work at City

I think you were, now with this announcement though the club sees the chance to win Titles and Cups season after season like Bayern with zero competition in the league so have now backtracked and are trying to weasel out of any deal they were originally part of... they are doing a double weasel... 

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I dont think City are going through with it, seems we wasn't fully for it to start with, see what happens ..as some of you know got friends that work at City

Pep is another man who is outspoken. Unfortunately, same cannot be said about Ole or Arteta. Jose is but he's been sacked already. I think if City and Chelsea leave, they will be replaced by Napoli and Roma or Sevilla etc, at least that's what I understood from that pathetic interview of Perez last night.

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think you were, now with this announcement though the club sees the chance to win Titles and Cups season after season like Bayern with zero competition in the league so have now backtracked and are trying to weasel out of any deal they were originally part of... they are doing a double weasel... 

See what happens, the whole thing might just be a bluff to get UEFA in line 🤔 (that's just my own thoughts) 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived