• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Good on you Chelsea. Now lets hope this inspires others.

Good to an extent unfortunately.

They've still shown there true colours (like Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs) and quite frankly, that should never be forgotten. 

@DNA pretty much summed it up. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They've still shown there true colours (like Liverpool, Man U, Man City, Arsenal and Spurs) and quite frankly, that should never be forgotten. 

I dont think anyone should ever forget what they tried to do here. They shut the players out, the manager out, the fans out and I think that's going to take a lot to undo and its going to be a long climb back. But, they did do the right thing and that takes a lot of guts when they clearly knew what was going to be waiting for them on the other side. 

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Just said the same in the matchday thread.... nothing will make up for this now.. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hope it falls apart & the backlash leads to something like Germany’s 50+1 rule. I doubt that’s going to ever happen, but who knows. I hope the rest of the greedy 6 follow these 2 though.

This would be a great opportunity for something like that to happen wouldn't it... making sure it could never be repeated ever again.. set fire to the grass and drive the snakes out! 

As our Tory Government are so fond of saying " Lessons need to be learnt "

1 minute ago, Robbie said:

I really hope this doesn't all get pushed under the rug. It's great that some clubs are growing some balls and paring it off, but there was no excuse to be a sheep in the first place.

This absolutely should not be forgotten.

Just now, DNA said:

You just know Spurs are gutted, and will begrudgingly go along with the withdrawal. xD how will that stadium get paid off now.

Guaranteed money without any need to show ambition seems like a Levy & Lewis wet dream, so yeah I bet they’re gutted.

I wonder what was the tipping point. I dont believe it was fans reactions bc a lot of unpopular decisions been taken in the past too. Is it FIFA and UEFA banning players from international tournaments or the players' confrontation?

4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If that's true, I'm starting to think if this was more of a planned publicity stunt for the clubs involved as a direct threat to UEFA. 

I'm thinking this was to ruffle UEFA's feathers with the threat of forming a new SL

• Subscriber
Just now, Whiskey said:

This is my fear, that it'll be forgotten. 

I think this is true. The fans local to the city wont let this go lightly and they really shouldnt ever let it go. However, the fans across the globe who wanted the super league wont be arsed in the least because they still get entertained either way. I dont think what they did was right and I dont know whats coming next but knowing UEFA they'll just slap them with a small fine and let them go about their business generating the profits they were scared of losing when this all started.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived