talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

6 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nah bollocks to this line of thinking. Everybody has made the same decision, they should all be punished the same. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know you said that mate. Just I don't agree with it based on the reluctance. Being in it, signing up for it means you were agreeable to it as a club. And happy to profit from it. Chelsea (and all the others) are just shitting themselves based on the reaction since Sunday evening. 

Due process.

Everyone should get punished no doubt, but for me, there is an extinctive difference to those spear heading the idea and those being manipulated to join. Assuming the reports are true regarding us and City. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Due process.

Everyone should get punished no doubt, but for me, there is an extinctive difference to those spear heading the idea and those being manipulated to join. Assuming the reports are true regarding us and City. 

Lol do you think Roman was bullied into a scheme where he gets way more money each year for nothing?

On 18/04/2021 at 19:00, ScoRoss said:

Seems to be an announcement set for 9:30pm BST tonight. We are only a few months on from 'Project Big Picture', so it's not entirely implausible that this will not come to anything. The big English clubs have already proven to be hugely flaky.

Bottle merchants

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Due process.

Seriously? I mean really? Pretty certain the multi billionaire owners weren’t bullied into signing contracts. Christ. Chelsea and Man City haven’t been manipulated at all. Just take it on the chin. 

29 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If that's true, I'm starting to think if this was more of a planned publicity stunt for the clubs involved as a direct threat to UEFA. 

Given Angelli and Woodward resigned from some pretty influential positions I imagine it was a case of the ilk of Juve, Real and United stringing along other teams and making suggestions that some elements of the deal were more assured than they actually were (ie being allowed to still play in domestic leagues).

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Seriously? I mean really? Pretty certain the multi billionaire owners weren’t bullied into signing contracts. Christ. Chelsea and Man City haven’t been manipulated at all. Just take it on the chin. 

Given Liverpool, Arsenal & United are the presidents of this, I think it’s pretty plausible that City & Chelsea were not the driving forces, it doesn’t even make sense for those clubs. Hopefully everything gets leaked and we can know all the details.

3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Of all the clubs involved both Chelsea and City had no urgent need for additional funds anyway, surprised they didn't distance themselves from it at the beginning to see how it panned out for the rest??

Proper snakes and weasels bide their time before striking.. If they had played it smart they could have been seen to be on the side of good right now by condemning the other clubs after the backlash.. If things had gone well they could have just waited for a later invite... 

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol do you think Roman was bullied into a scheme where he gets way more money each year for nothing?

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'm not saying we're blameless in any of this. xD

Again, my conclusion is based on what's allegedly happened. Reports suggested we weren't interested and were fear mongered into joining considering the other 12 had already signed up. There's also now reports we were lied to about the product so again, due process. 

So, who are the winners and losers from all this mess? 

In my opinion: 

Winners: Bayern, Qatar and PSG. Their influence over UEFA will probably expand in a significant way. 

Losers: Agnelli (Juventus), Florentino (Real Madrid) and the ownership of the english Top 6. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Let's address the latest elephant in the room.

Why are you friends with Adrian Durham?

He kept bugging me and I eventually just decided I'd tolerate him!

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

In my opinion: 

Winners: Bayern, Qatar and PSG. Their influence over UEFA will probably expand in a significant way. 

Losers: Agnelli (Juventus), Florentino (Real Madrid) and the ownership of the english Top 6. 

None of them. 

Bayern, PSG and UEFA have pushed through shit changes to the Champions League. Let’s not let that go unnoticed. 

Losers - all of them. There should be concerted efforts to remove all of these owners from clubs by fans. 

• Administrator

Florentino Perez can fuck right off and once he's done that, fuck off some more. This collapse of his grandiose idea falling flat on its face before it barely even got going is great. 

5 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

In my opinion: 

Agnelli was a loser anyway. 

A big fucking stupid monobrowed, gab-toothed, aristocratic prick who spends his days begging UEFA to let his decrepit, corrupt club qualify for the CL through the back door. 

1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Was expecting a climb down, most definitely. I am certain this is a smokescreen for something else. The Champions League changes have been agreed, that went unnoticed, and those changes are pretty crap, too. 

I was expecting the odd resignation, not Woodward though. This’ll be interesting. 

The Champions League changes are indeed crap, but they aren’t competition destroying for me. Just annoying more than anything. 

All of these lot resigning is such welcome news. Hopefully it’s all collapsed come the weekend. This could genuinely be a turning point though. Maybe it’s a smokescreen, probably is to an extent, but if it isn’t and it’s just a gross misjudgment by all involved then football going forward could capitalise on the weakened position of these owners. The fans could start taking their clubs back from cunts like these lot. Or it just gets worse, there’s that too. 

It is tremendously funny to think that the snakes in the grass have been abandoned by the very weasels they were working alongside all this time.... No loyalty to the fans or the leagues and it appears even themselves.... 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived