• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Rick said:

The Champions League changes are indeed crap, but they aren’t competition destroying for me. Just annoying more than anything. 

All of these lot resigning is such welcome news. Hopefully it’s all collapsed come the weekend. This could genuinely be a turning point though. Maybe it’s a smokescreen, probably is to an extent, but if it isn’t and it’s just a gross misjudgment by all involved then football going forward could capitalise on the weakened position of these owners. The fans could start taking their clubs back from cunts like these lot. Or it just gets worse, there’s that too. 

They’re still planning on ten fixtures in the group stages, I think there’ll be plenty of effects on the game here and if this ESL nonsense hadn’t have happened, there would have been plenty of disapproval at these changes, though not with the same ferocity of this. 

• Administrator

Has to be points deductions or suspensions/bans/exclusions from tournaments. Especially for the clubs that still have their owners in place. Monetary fines really won't hurt these clubs. Needs to be where it hurts them. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

This. Until the owners go they're all just going to wait until the next proposal comes along and is attractive enough to suit their own selfish desires. 

Everyone now applauding Chelsea and Man City and any other club now getting cold feet? Fuck that. They've shown their true colours now. This doesn't change anything. They still don't give a shit about the fans and will run at any other given opportunity to screw fans over. They don't get my applause and this whole episode definitely won't get forgotten. 

Agreed 

I think it’s very illustrative to see the degree of incompetence that can exist even within financial elites. 

Capital, once it reaches a certain size, very much develops a kind of momentum of its own. Wealth has a tendency to generate profit and multiply itself that is genuinely very hard to screw-up.

People who are positioned within enormous wealth naturally give the impression of control and competence. When actually, quite often they’re clueless randomers who have wound up on top of the heap, and are just enjoying the ride. 

• Administrator
Just now, montybhopa said:

Is City, Chelsea, Barca and Atleti leaving official yet? I haven't seen any statements from them.

They'll wait til midnight to get as little traction as possible, like they did for Sunday's announcement. 

48 minutes ago, Dan said:

Agnelli gone as well apparently xD this could end up being the best day in football for a generation.

He is kinda the mastermind of this no?

he resigned which isn’t a big deal. He is still owner/or his family is. 
he still has sway 

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Again, even though I think something should be done banning them from competitions is punishing the players as well who had fuck all to do with it... 

Its tough but how else do you punish the owners? They are all selling their assets now and moving on and who knows what will come next? Its hard on the players but it would be unfair to every other club that didn't participate in this fiasco to have to share the pitch with the ones that thought they'd get away with this.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived