• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I've been at football training for the last two hours and now I've got in I don't think I'll ever catch up on these developments 😄

Hilarious, but this mustn't stop here. Hopefully the backlash continues and real reform can be achieved. My hopes aren't high though on this front but at least the scalps of Woodward and the rest are a statement of sorts.

I haven't read up on the Champions League plans but from what I've heard reported I don't think we can sleep on that either. Hopefully the fans and proper football people realise the power they have after this and don't just settle for keeping things going the way they were.

Still, today is a good day for football and a victory for football fans, we should celebrate tonight before hoping that those with influence continue the work from tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its tough but how else do you punish the owners?

I don't have all the answers and some form of punishment should apply, Just think it's a tad tough on the innocent bystanders in all of this... 

3 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

It's funny Carragher and Neville celebrating the demise of ESL when they work for a channel which is behind paywall

I hope this wave goes after them as well. Sky are one of the biggest perpetrators in why the ESL was even discussed, this could potentially change a lot about football if things are pushed. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't have all the answers and some form of punishment should apply, Just think it's a tad tough on the innocent bystanders in all of this... 

I agree its hard on the players but I think it would be equally disappointing to the other clubs who stood by and watched this happen while getting shoved to the side in all of this. The only way it really ever does work right is if those owners leave quietly and there are better rules around how club ownership actually works. I dont have answers either and you're right because watching managers having to answer for acts they have no idea about and players having to talk to the media on behalf of the club when they themselves have no idea is a bit shit honestly. 

Just to add to this, I still think the clubs need to be punished for what they tried to do.

6 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Just noticed that only British players have posted this tweet.

Add Wijnaldum & Adrian to the list. They will all be posting it. 

Brilliant from our lads. Hopefully the owners pull us out of this fucking rubbish in the next 24 hours. And then hopefully John Henry shits his pants and falls down the fucking stairs, skinny cunt. 

17 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

All of them are tweeting it now. I suppose its only a matter of time before we hear that Liverpool have dropped out of it too. 

“you never walk alone”....
Maybe they will be the only English club on board with the super 

28 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Again, even though I think something should be done banning them from competitions is punishing the players as well who had fuck all to do with it... 

How is it punishing the players? They still get paid and have a “job”....playing a game.  Contracts to be honoured. 
and may have options  to bolt to another club.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

“you never walk alone”....
Maybe they will be the only English club on board with the super 

I'd wage my bet on Arsenal being the last one out of this personally. Not a word from them or their owner yet.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived