talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

Arsenal and Spurs are really the ones who have the least to lose from the Super League. They don't have as much reputation to risk as Manchester United or Liverpool have, and also of all the clubs involved, they were already the least likely to win any major silverware anyway. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know where to really start with all these developments but it would be poetic justice if this 'distraction' ended up costing Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs vital points this week for Top 4 and Leicester/West Ham profited from it.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I don't know where to really start with all these developments but it would be poetic justice if this 'distraction' ended up costing Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs Top 4 by all dropping points this week and West Ham profited from it.

tenor.gif

@Dan, @Spikeand I say hi 

I believe Real Madrid said they would convert their previous UCL wins into Super League wins. I think they should be held to that commitment. They don't have any European Cup wins, or UCL wins - they have 13 Super League wins.

That can go on the record. 

UEFA welcoming City back with open arms and the reaction of Chelsea fans outside of Stamford Bridge singing “we’ve got our Chelsea back” just doesn’t sit with me. Heads should roll, punishments and sanctions should be handed out and fans should be prepared for what’s next, because there will be something. 

12 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

UEFA welcoming City back with open arms and the reaction of Chelsea fans outside of Stamford Bridge singing “we’ve got our Chelsea back” just doesn’t sit with me. Heads should roll, punishments and sanctions should be handed out and fans should be prepared for what’s next, because there will be something. 

Entirely agree. All 6 Premier League clubs need to face some sort of punishment or large fine. No way should this just be swept under the carpet.

City and Chelsea have pulled out first, fine. But it's only because they have bottled it. They were too scared to go through with it having seen the backlash and power of the people shown in just a couple days.

That goes to show how weak and spineless the people at those clubs are.

The only teams that get credit for me are Bayern, Dortmund and PSG for declining the original offer. They did what any of our 6 should have done.

• Subscriber

Sanction should be that if the owners who signed up for this are still in post at the start of next season then the club starts the season with a 30 point penalty and are indefinitely banned from UEFA competitions. If the men responsible are purged from the clubs then I don't actually see why the actual club they leave behind should be sanctioned on a competitive level.

Just now, Lucas said:

Entirely agree. All 6 Premier League clubs need to face some sort of punishment or large fine. No way should this just be swept under the carpet.

City and Chelsea have pulled out first, fine. But it's only because they have bottled it. They were too scared to go through with it having seen the backlash and power of the people shown in just a couple days.

That goes to show how weak and spineless both those clubs are.

The only teams that get credit for me are Bayern, Dortmund and PSG for declining the original offer. They did the right thing.

Bayern, Dortmund and PSG are backing the Champions League reform, no? I find it hard to back them when they’re pushing on with padding out the Champions League with a similar amount of games to this proposal, with money purely at the forefront of that proposal. 

18 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The real funny thing about this rumor, is that Terry didn't even sleep with her. 

Yea, he just slipped and somehow landed inside of her. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Sanction should be that if the owners who signed up for this are still in post at the start of next season then the club starts the season with a 30 point penalty and are indefinitely banned from UEFA competitions. If the men responsible are purged from the clubs then I don't actually see why the actual club they leave behind should be sanctioned on a competitive level.

This, I can get behind. I would love to see the back of all these rats in one summer, but isn’t going to happen. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Bayern, Dortmund and PSG are backing the Champions League reform, no? I find it hard to back them when they’re pushing on with padding out the Champions League with a similar amount of games to this proposal, with money purely at the forefront of that proposal. 

I get your point, it's fair for you to look at it that way.

For me though, they at least had the decency not to get involved in a 'closed' off league, especially the German clubs coming from a league where teams have high fan ownership.

5 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

To my understanding (I’ve not read a lot into it as of yet) the Champions League reforms is just adding more teams, and instead of playing 6 games in the group you play 10. I like it how it is, but these are hardly football destroying changes. Yes, of course they are money decisions, but the competitive nature of the tournament isn’t being taken away so I personally wouldn’t be up in arms even if I do prefer how it is now. 

But, I’m saying all of that and I maybe don’t know the full story of what other changes are involved. I’m not against people making money on football, it’ll always be that way. I just don’t want competition being taken away. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived