talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

33 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

The "your club" that John Henry keeps saying is exactly the problem. If it is the fans club then why should he be involved at all? Fans aren't turning up just because someone invests.

Tbf he is probably just as likely to piss people off by saying "our club" after this debacle. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Find all these climb down statements from clubs shit, in all honesty. This was a couple of years in the making, not something concocted over the weekend. There were ample opportunities to consult fans, players and coaches. They failed to do so and are now climbing down and going back to the “family” and “our club” rhetoric. 

58 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Honestly, whilst there is no real way to make up for his fuckup I think that is a pretty good message from JWH there. It shows he does grasp how much he's fucked up, and that he recognises is a really shit time to have fucked up like this, because people are taking a battering through this pandemic and they need their relationship with the club and they're love of football to remain in tact.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Find all these climb down statements from clubs shit, in all honesty. This was a couple of years in the making, not something concocted over the weekend. There were ample opportunities to consult fans, players and coaches. They failed to do so and are now climbing down and going back to the “family” and “our club” rhetoric. 

It all seems very hollow, doesn't it.  

7 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

My first thoughts exactly. Him and the utter fucking melt Raiola will be gutted.

Same. 

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Honestly, whilst there is no real way to make up for his fuckup I think that is a pretty good message from JWH there. It shows he does grasp how much he's fucked up, and that he recognises is a really shit time to have fucked up like this, because people are taking a battering through this pandemic and they need their relationship with the club and they're love of football to remain in tact.

Nah, how many times can they get it wrong? It always seems like they're seeing how far they can push and get away with. This has been the biggest and quickest climb down but there's been others

"We're not from America... Britain is a proper country". O.o

Graeme Souness with some proper verbal diarrhoea there, blaming all these Johnny Foreigners for it. Because obviously these clubs weren't selling their souls before. xD 

• Subscriber

Honestly don't see how there's any way back for these owners to acceptance by the fans of those clubs again, there certainly shouldn't be. It's still pretty offensive to make out that this was some mistake they made in the heat of a moment, they've been planning it for at least months and the fact that it's been kept almost entirely under wraps, even from the employees of the clubs themselves, down to the manager of the players, is clear evidence that they knew it would be unpopular.

They knew this would offend fans of their clubs and fans of the sport. They did it anyway, the fans and football figures stood up to them and made it untenable for them. Their only genuine mistake was that they overestimated their own power and influence. Everything else they tried to do over the last 48 hours was deliberate and calculated, not mistaken at all. Only after they were shown that they couldn't enact their plans did they apologise, because they didn't have any choice. They didn't see the light and realise what they were doing was fundamentally wrong, they just realised they wouldn't get away with it.

If anything, we should be more offended that they think anyone will swallow these apologies. The Super League was prevented but these billionaires insult us by thinking that there's any pathway back to the previous status quo for them which already lined their pockets handsomely. Yesterday was for joy but today, the football community needs to switch into "we've won the battle but we haven't won the war" mode.

They all have to go.

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

City just trolled the other teams :4_joy:

City were part of the party don't you worry, they may not need to money involved but they were willing to throw their history in the bin so that they didn't get left behind.

No club comes out of this well, we've all retreated with our tails between our legs and now it's a rescue exercise. Not for me, Liverpool fans might be taken in by that silly video but I wouldn't if it was one of the Glazers, all I see is a man with some serious egg on his face in that video. 

There needs to be a full review of clubs owners and what they are allowed to do with our clubs now, strict rules need bringing into place that protect and respect the traditions of our game. No break away leagues, respect for the UEFA competitions because these are what our game has been built on, if teams can't generate enough finance from their respective leagues then they will need to suck it up and cut back. Madrid, Barca, Inter and so on might need this to survive but that's not our problem. We have a league and pyramid that is the best in the world and that should never be broken. 

Only way forward now for the six clubs is to make changes, Woodward gone at United, brilliant, how on earth could he sit on a UEFA panel for United after this, even worse how could he face the fourteen other chairman from the Premier League. Correct decision made, move him out and then put the club up for sale because what you had hoped and dreamed of from our football club is now impossible to create. 

Bye Bye Glazers!!

Don't let the fucking door hit on the way out!!!!!

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Can't argue with any of this from the Milan ultras

This is all true and they're right. However, this Super League drama is something that can make fans realise their power and it can force change elsewhere, I'm hoping this is what happens.

It's also the power pundits and ex-players can have. I reckon there's a lot of people in the UK that were simply heavily influenced by what Neville and Carragher were saying on Sky Sports. I know Sky is a lesser evil and football is full of that at the moment but the combination of players, managers, and fans can be very powerful indeed and this whole saga needs to act as a catalyst for change for other things within football. 

UEFA need to be next.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I thought that was Matt Lucas from Little Britain standing beside him at first in drag?  O.o

download.png.0d93a33c764d6e397275ad6223798b46.png

Oh mate.

That's not John Henry. That is David Walliams. From a Little Britain sketch. It is Matt Lucas next to him. That is not, surprisingly, Anfield behind them. 

xD

What a complete farce this whole thing has been.... 

I can only liken it to packing your bags and telling the wife and kids that you are leaving them all for that bit of fluff down at number 57 leaving them gutted in the process and then 2 days later turning up on the doorstep begging for forgiveness saying you have made a terrible mistake... 

What a cluster fuck... 

Power to the people... 

See the source image

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Oh mate.

That's not John Henry. That is David Walliams. From a Little Britain sketch. It is Matt Lucas next to him. That is not, surprisingly, Anfield behind them. 

xD

Whatever, but he is a double for...erm...she O.o  

I feel like writing to him telling him your wife could impersonate who you said. xD

• Administrator
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Whatever, but he is a double for...erm...she O.o  

I feel like writing to him telling him your wife could impersonate who you said. xD

it's the same person you put a picture of xDxD They're both Matt Lucas. 

• Subscriber

European Super League: Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli says the project cannot proceed

Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli says the European Super League project cannot proceed following the withdrawal of the six Premier League clubs.

Agnelli was one of the chief architects of the breakaway plans, which involved 12 clubs from England, Spain and Italy.

However, with teams withdrawing, he accepts it cannot now go ahead.

"To be frank and honest no, evidently that is not the case," said Agnelli, when asked whether the Super League could still happen.

"I remain convinced of the beauty of that project, of the value that it would have developed to the pyramid, of the creation of the best competition in the world, but evidently no. I don't think that project is now still up and running."

Agnelli was described as a "snake and a liar" by Uefa president Aleksander Ceferin on Monday after the announcement of the breakaway plans on Sunday evening.

Agnelli resigned his position as chairman of the European Clubs' Association on Sunday and refused to take calls from Ceferin.

FULL REPORT

Archived