talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well thank fuck that bullshit is over and done with but tbh it was fun watching hypercrits like FIFA and UEFA squirming :D

On 20/04/2021 at 09:31, Happy Blue said:

I wonder if this is just a bluff to make UEFA tow the line! :35_thinking:  ..clubs must of known how bad the reaction was going to be

thats exactly what i said to my mate this morning

7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

download.thumb.png.a6a133878fe401634c2d98f4817f6f6e.png

tbf watching a team managed by fat sam is the real smack in the face for the fans :D

so what are the thoughts on the 6 clubs getting sanctions for this. i think fine the owners but do do anything to hurt the managers players and fans because they after all were the ones that stopped it. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

so what are the thoughts on the 6 clubs getting sanctions for this. i think fine the owners but do do anything to hurt the managers players and fans because they after all were the ones that stopped it. 

Bad owners have made clubs down in the lower leagues suffer and they've faced points deductions, some seriously heavy. Why should the same not apply here?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bad owners have made clubs down in the lower leagues suffer and they've faced points deductions, some seriously heavy. Why should the same not apply here?

because that would punish the wrong people. rich owners should get a big fine ( not from the clubs money ) and the money should 100% go to grass roots football. 

2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

because that would punish the wrong people. rich owners should get a big fine ( not from the clubs money ) and the money should 100% go to grass roots football. 

How can the EPL fine the owners and not the club? Good luck with that legal process.

As said previously, clubs have been punished with points deductions and European competition bans before. It can be done again here.

Just now, ScoRoss said:

How can the EPL fine the owners and not the club? Good luck with that legal process.

As said previously, clubs have been punished with points deductions and European competition bans before. It can be done again here.

but if you punish the fans manager and players that bad for something they never did it might make them think twice about protesting in the future. im not sure how the EPL and UEFA can thank the players managers and fans for saving them by ruining them. 

• Administrator
Just now, UNIQUE said:

but if you punish the fans manager and players that bad for something they never did it might make them think twice about protesting in the future. im not sure how the EPL and UEFA can thank the players managers and fans for saving them by ruining them. 

Again, the fans, managers & players of clubs further down the football pyramid get punished with points deductions in the past for toxic owners that come in...

You seem to skip this point.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Again, the fans, managers & players of clubs further down the football pyramid get punished with points deductions in the past for toxic owners that come in...

You seem to skip this point.

the difference is in this case its the fans players and manager that saved them. if they had said and done nothing this thing would have happened. but i also think punishing the lower clubs for bad owners is also not the right thing to do. i say fine the owners and make the clubs play 3 home games in preseason against small clubs that have had it hard from covid and give them 100% of the gate money. im sure the fans from each club would turn out in big numbers for that. 

6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

the difference is in this case its the fans players and manager that saved them. if they had said and done nothing this thing would have happened. but i also think punishing the lower clubs for bad owners is also not the right thing to do. i say fine the owners and make the clubs play 3 home games in preseason against small clubs that have had it hard from covid and give them 100% of the gate money. im sure the fans from each club would turn out in big numbers for that. 

How are you going to fine Roman Abramovich? Delusional at best and it won't deter them from trying something again.

6 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

There's a precedent set in English football though.

It's not fair for fans, the players, or the manager... but there needs to be a really strong punishment here to prevent something like this ever happening again.

I fear that because these are rich clubs, we won't see a strong punishment at all.

And tbh, I'm not sure your proposed punishment does anything meaningful in any way. There's far more than 18 clubs in England (and Europe) who've had a hard time from COVID and gate receipts from these clubs isn't even going to come close to addressing the financial issues the pandemic caused. A fine, unless it's something significant like... a huge chunk of the money they earn from broadcasting rights... is basically just a slap on the wrist from these billionaires. Especially as FFP doesn't exist anymore - does fuck all to dissuade this behavior, honestly.

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

How are you going to fine Roman Abramovich? Delusional at best and it won't deter them from trying something again.

tell romen he has to fork out £50mil and give it to lower lge clubs to help them out will make him think twice next time. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There's a precedent set in English football though.

It's not fair for fans, the players, or the manager... but there needs to be a really strong punishment here to prevent something like this ever happening again.

I fear that because these are rich clubs, we won't see a strong punishment at all.

And tbh, I'm not sure your proposed punishment does anything meaningful in any way. There's far more than 18 clubs in England (and Europe) who've had a hard time from COVID and gate receipts from these clubs isn't even going to come close to addressing the financial issues the pandemic caused. A fine, unless it's something significant like... a huge chunk of the money they earn from broadcasting rights... is basically just a slap on the wrist from these billionaires. Especially as FFP doesn't exist anymore - does fuck all to dissuade this behavior, honestly.

well the the argument against the ESL was that it was bad for football so i think these clubs should be doing things to help football at a lower level. they need to give something back as a way of trying to make up for it. 

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just because it’s always happened, it doesn’t mean change can’t take place. 

This was the work of the owners. The fans, the managers and the players didn’t want this and have made their feelings heard. Hit them, the owners, where it hurts; in the pocket. 

27 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Nothings really happened has it, no games missed, just an Internet post about forming a SL, its like that time you thought it was a good idea to post your weener on that forum and everyone went wild for a week 😂:ph34r:lol

And that's unfortunately why they'll escape any meaningful punishment

Didn’t they all sign agreements? Which in itself is against the rules of the Premier League. I’m not saying they will be punished, I’m just saying they have done more than just put something on the internet. 

• Subscriber

Dock points and UEFA should ban them from European competition for X years. They tried to overstep bounds and leave everyone in the lurch and they should not be let go lightly irrespective of whatever revenue they bring in to the TV networks or the league. This isn't just the ones from the PL but everyone involved in the ESL. 

If neither happen then whats the difference between this and any other infraction? Nothing. As for fining them? They were about to start a new league with a 3.5 billion income block, what in the world is fining them going to achieve? They clearly have money and will gladly pay it to make this all go away and accept it as punishment.

• Subscriber
Just now, Happy Blue said:

If any of that happens they will just carry on with the SL

If that's the case then any kind of punishment will make them go back to the SL so should they just not be punished and everyone goes back to thinking nothing ever happened? 

Archived