• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

This has nothing to do with the fans. There must be some issues BTS. Either players backed out or the threat from FIFA and UEFA was probably too much for them.

I mean, it does. The players deserves more credit than they will probably get though

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Seems we're the only ones with a hint of regret. The man utd statement is terrible lol and spurs have gone for the non apology apology 

Regret that it didn't work, sure.

Seriously though, these plans have been more short lived than my dreams of becoming a figure skater, and I’m a fat bastard. 

I would love this all to end up having us follow the German 50+1 rule. Imagine the scenes of Government forcibly made the owners all do that. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Seriously though, these plans have been more short lived than my dreams of becoming a figure skater, and I’m a fat bastard. 

I would love this all to end up having us follow the German 50+1 rule. Imagine the scenes of Government forcibly made the owners all do that. 

Not sure the government having so much power is a good idea. Maybe the Premier League can actually be a lot more selective with the "fit and proper" test. Owners that are actually interested in football would be a good start.

• Subscriber
Just now, Rick said:

Ours and Utd’s, the two clubs with the main culprit owners. Cunts. 

The statement is surely from the owners, and if they're putting such a piss poor statement out (I didn't read it myself) then it probably means they don't care about repairing the damage because with this shot to pieces, their next step is to look for an exit strategy themselves.

Just now, 6666 said:

Not sure the government having so much power is a good idea. Maybe the Premier League can actually be a lot more selective with the "fit and proper" test. Owners that are actually interested in football would be a good start.

It’s good if it gives the power back to the fans. We would also see more of these decent owners coming in if they knew that they wouldn’t be able to use it as a toy. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

I wonder when will other European clubs announce their withdrawal? I think La Liga clubs wont because Perez is too big of a thing in Spain. UK got away with it bc bossman BoJo got involved.

'bossman'.

You don't need to be so far up his arse mate. He's got his cronies like Hancock and Gove firmly placed there.

(calm down @MUFC).

Very embarrassing for Spanish and Italian football. The Premier League owners were obviously just trying to see if they could get away with squeezing a bit more juice out of their assets - but the rest of the owners are really making it seem like they desperately need the money.

If so, they will claim they’re skint because their domestic leagues don’t raise enough revenue to support their ambitions. 

But maybe they’re skint because Atlético pay Simeone as much as Guardiola and Klopp put together? Maybe they’re skint because Barca spent €130 million to have Coutinho knock them out of the Champions League? Or maybe they’re skint because Juve paid €100 million to have Ronaldo come and fight for top-4?

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The statement is surely from the owners, and if they're putting such a piss poor statement out (I didn't read it myself) then it probably means they don't care about repairing the damage because with this shot to pieces, their next step is to look for an exit strategy themselves.

It won't take you that long. This is all that's on their site...

Liverpool Football Club can confirm that our involvement in proposed plans to form a European Super League has been discontinued.

In recent days, the club has received representations from various key stakeholders, both internally and externally, and we would like to thank them for their valuable contributions.

I’ve read all the statements and ours is by far the fucking worst. These fucking pricks in Boston have made absolutely no effort to even fake explain or fake apologise. To not even pretend you care is shockingly shit. 

I want these jokers gone as soon as possible. 

4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Very embarrassing for Spanish and Italian football. The Premier League owners were obviously just trying to see if they could get away with squeezing a bit more juice out of their assets - but the rest of the owners are really making it seem like they desperately need the money.

If so, they will claim they’re skint because their domestic leagues don’t raise enough revenue to support their ambitions. 

But maybe they’re skint because Atlético pay Simeone as much as Guardiola and Klopp put together? Maybe they’re skint because Barca spent €130 million to have Coutinho knock them out of the Champions League? Or maybe they’re skint because Juve paid €100 million to have Ronaldo come and fight for top-4?

It's probably bc Italian and Spanish clubs have done fuck all in CL in last few years and their investment in players like Ronaldo, Greizmann, Coutinho is backfiring and resulting in loss and COVID too. It's been a bigger shitshow in Spain and Italy than UK wrt COVID.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

It's probably bc Italian and Spanish clubs have done fuck all in CL in last few years and their investment in players like Ronaldo, Greizmann, Coutinho is backfiring and resulting in loss and COVID too. It's been a bigger shitshow in Spain and Italy than UK wrt COVID.

Real Madrid completing an undisputed 3-in-a-row a few years ago. Italian clubs, yes, have been underwhelming and before this ESL thing came along and they showed their true selves, I was beginning to become fond of Inter Milan for knocking Juve off their perch. Now they're all just the same.

But Spanish clubs have been dominant for most of the past decade. 

Just now, Stan said:

Real Madrid completing an undisputed 3-in-a-row a few years ago. Italian clubs, yes, have been underwhelming and before this ESL thing came along and they showed their true selves, I was beginning to become fond of Inter Milan for knocking Juve off their perch. Now they're all just the same.

But Spanish clubs have been dominant for most of the past decade. 

They were until 2018 but if you look at most of the teams after that, they have been doing nothing in CL. Getting eliminated by teams like Roma, Ajax etc

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived