• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rick said:

These clubs that are talking of a breakaway make up such a huge number of the fans across Europe and even the world, that there are going to be hundreds of millions of heartbroken supporters if this goes through.

Easy enough to say “football isn’t dead, there’s plenty outside of the top league” when your club is one of those teams you’re talking about. For us fans of the teams involved, it’s going to devastating. 

Honestly if Liverpool were to fuck off to a European Super League or whatever the fuck they brand it, it’d probably kill off my football watching for a very long time.

And it would definitely end my lifelong support of the club, which would be very sad. But no way could I keep supporting them.

I think it’s just such an awful idea for football.

I just fear the Premier League won’t have the balls to actually boot the six clubs out of the league. 

Imagine your club acting more disgusting and greedier than PSG 🙃 feel ashamed to say I’m a fan after this. 

No backtrack, then. That surprises me a little, I’d have thought there would have been more of a stink kicked up and some would have distanced themselves from this for the time being. Football’s been long since broken, this hasn’t killed it or been a bolt from the blue, the games been corrupt for some time. It’s merely another nail in the coffin. 

It’ll be interesting to see the responses from various leagues and FA’s tomorrow. 

• Administrator

How can they have the nerve to even call it 'Leading European Football clubs...' but they include Spurs and Arsenal xDxD 

Anyway, these clubs are getting 3.5bn Euros to save themselves as they shove 2 fingers up to clubs that are actually struggling further down the pyramids in each of their leagues. But hey, they're safe and secure and happy so that's all that matters in their eyes.

The FAs/Leagues the clubs currently play in should have the balls to say fuck off to these clubs now. Let them have their shitty Super League, watch them try and come crawling back when they realise it's not all rosy cos they're winning fuck all and then tell them to fuck off even more.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Oh they literally called it The Super League? Hope they get sued by rugby league's version

Rugby League is absolutely fucking potless and clueless, that won’t happen. They’ve probably sold the naming rights for £50 and a couple of pizzas (which is essentially what they did last year for sponsorship). 

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Has a single active player or manager from any team, from the 12 clubs or not, said anything about this yet?

It's just vile. I would feel absolutely violated if my club was involved in this.

Jurgen Klopp always seems to gauge public feeling quite well and his programme notes that inevitably end up on social media are pretty much the thoughts of the “normal” man, I’ll be interested to see whether he says what we’re all thinking or he bows down to his American bastard overlords. 

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

There's no qualification for it, so will the same clubs be in it every season?

There's no relegation and participation is by invitation only. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Machado said:

There's no qualification for it, so will the same clubs be in it every season?

These 15 will for sure. They cannot get relegated. 

5 other clubs join based on their performance in the season before. Fuck knows the criteria but I hope we never join this shambles of a concept.

• The title was changed to European Super League - Founding Clubs Confirm Break-Away League
  • Subscriber

The worst thing for me right now is that I don't believe for a second these six clubs will get kicked out of the Premier League. There'll be a drawn out load of bollocks with complicated legal challenges where the Premier League ends up fining each club about 10% of the money they're making off this deal and pretending that they've properly smashed them for it.

It's striking to me that not a single player appears to have spoken out about this from any club. I can understand if the clubs involved put a social media blackout on their staff and players but see no reason for others that are prominent on social media to have stayed silent all day.

• Administrator

Love how all the PL clubs joining this released their statements all at the same time as if it was some proud group thing they've all concocted together. Pathetically selling their souls and their too blind for the money in front of them to see it.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The worst thing for me right now is that I don't believe for a second these six clubs will get kicked out of the Premier League. There'll be a drawn out load of bollocks with complicated legal challenges where the Premier League ends up fining each club about 10% of the money they're making off this deal and pretending that they've properly smashed them for it.

It's striking to me that not a single player appears to have spoken out about this from any club. I can understand if the clubs involved put a social media blackout on their staff and players but see no reason for others that are prominent on social media to have stayed silent all day.

I’d be very surprised if they got booted out. They are all the main money spinners to the PL will likely cave and just give them a slap on the wrist. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived