talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Time For Dortmund to Finally Sack Favre?

After the losses to Augsburg and now Lazio (who were beaten 3:0 by sampdoria on the weekend) its obvious that the Dortmund manager is not the man for the job anymore. 

there are coaches available to take the reigns. 

the players lack passion and consistency. 
only constant is Dortmund losing games against the bigger clubs. 
If the club want silverware, now is the time to make a change 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't think now is the right time to sack him. They're still 3rd in the league and this loss is just one of the group games. If they don't get out of their group, then it's a different story.

• The title was changed to Time For Dortmund to Finally Sack Favre?
9 hours ago, The Käiser said:

After the losses to Augsburg and now Lazio (who were beaten 3:0 by sampdoria on the weekend) its obvious that the Dortmund manager is not the man for the job anymore. 

The bolded part is a reason to kick the players up their asses, not one to sack the manager. Players receive wages, and not bad ones, to motivate them. If the wages fail their goal it's time to punish the players it's as little the job of the manager to keep them motivated as it is your bosses job to keep you motivated in your's. That's what the players are paid for for fuck sake.

Haven't seen the match yesterday, so can't comment on it. Nothing happened that suggests Dortmund would've played better under someone else's helm in the other matches , though. Also I don't see an unemployed manager who'd be a significant improvement compared to Favre on the market, yet.

10 hours ago, The Käiser said:

I agree that Favre should go, but now is probably not the right time. I think that the board should wait until the winter break to say goodbye to him. They shouldn't rush to bring a new manager in, they need to make sure that they find the right man for the job. Favre has unfortunately come up short far too many times with this highly talented Dortmund side.  

58 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

The bolded part is a reason to kick the players up their asses, not one to sack the manager. Players receive wages, and not bad ones, to motivate them. If the wages fail their goal it's time to punish the players it's as little the job of the manager to keep them motivated as it is your bosses job to keep you motivated in your's. That's what the players are paid for for fuck sake.

Haven't seen the match yesterday, so can't comment on it. Nothing happened that suggests Dortmund would've played better under someone else's helm in the other matches , though. Also I don't see an unemployed manager who'd be a significant improvement compared to Favre on the market, yet.

Agreed with your statement. 
However the coach usually is the scapegoat for this situation. 
look how players at Bayern reacted to a new manager last year 

24 minutes ago, Michael said:

I agree that Favre should go, but now is probably not the right time. I think that the board should wait until the winter break to say goodbye to him. They shouldn't rush to bring a new manager in, they need to make sure that they find the right man for the job. Favre has unfortunately come up short far too many times with this highly talented Dortmund side.  

Dunno how much longer Dortmund should keep waiting. 
is second place good enough? (Maybe 3rd thanks to Leipzig). 
Favre been there a fair amount of time already and needs to jump that last hurdle .  

last year Bayern didn’t wait to winter break to switch coaches and the player’s performance afterwards speaks to how the change or A change was needed. 

Personally I think it's a bit early to sack him.  I do agree that this is his final year to prove himself.  As someone else said on another thread re: Wagner at Schalke, if you're going to make a move why not make it over the summer.  A few games into the season is either too late or too early.  Give him 10 games at least.

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, if every club that scarcely lost to Bayern sacked their manager, we'd see a lot more sackings than we do every season.

You make a very valid point, no club in the world can match the strength that Bayern's squad possesses at present. Dortmund have some elite personnel of their own in players such as Haaland, Sancho and several others, but they also have some clear weaknesses in my opinion, Delaney being one example. He would be a key player at most other clubs, but when we are talking about the elite level, he perhaps falls a bit short. 

The good news this week however, was the revelation that Haaland doesn't actually have a release clause. This is great news for Dortmund as they can now hold on to him for as long as they wish(well until his contract finishes). It's always a joy to watch Haaland play, he's so strong, quick and clinical, he's a world class forward.

16 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

To be fair, if every club that scarcely lost to Bayern sacked their manager, we'd see a lot more sackings than we do every season.

True but how many years without a win against Bayern? 
down to third in the table. If Dortmund want to fix this perhaps time for a change   
or settle for mediocre performances (second best or now third best)

• 1 month later...

I'm actually surprised they pulled the trigger.  I do have to say that the 10-minute stretch in the second half when Stuttgart scored 3 was surreal.  It felt like a complete capitulation at the time and the players looked absolutely powerless to stop it. 

Rumor is that Marco Rose is the first choice replacement.  I'm not so sure that will work out.  The amount of pressure at Dortmund is on another level compared to Gladbach.  I'd love to see Nagelsmann but he's destined for Bayern when his Leipzig adventure is over.

Archived