Sunday 25th October, 2020
Wolfsburg vs Arminia Bielefeld
Werder Bremen vs Hoffenheim, 17.00

Monday 26th October, 2020
Bayer Leverkusen vs Augsburg, 19.30

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's that time again. It's the Revierderby tomorrow tea time! The biggest game in German football (in my opinion of course). From a Schalke point of view I don’t hold out much hope. Against Union last Sunday we gave our best performance of the season to draw 1-1 but we were still largely 2nd best for much of the game and had to be thankful of a good performance from our goalkeeper to earn a draw.

Hopefully we can give a better performance than on our last visit to Dortmund and as the saying goes, form goes out of the window on Derby day, but realistically I can't see anything other than a comfortable Dortmund win.

Prove me wrong Schalke!

A lot will depend on the selection of the back line.  Last week's performance from young Ludewig was the best sine we failed to keep Jonny Kenny and with Sane he was a solid as we have had for some time - sadly the useless pair on the left were just as inept as they have been for over a year and there will be gaping holes for Sancho and Haaland if that is not sorted. Another problem is that since young Julien left some time ago we have not seen so many players kicking the ball in the wrong direction as we do now - Paciencia must start with Ibisevic and with Harit back to fitness we might just find the net again! Oczipka has to stop playing for the other side and Natasic has been woeful - again so we will need to score like the last year's game - even then 4 might not be enough.  Baum has a hard job trying to get the rid of sad sort of play Bentaleb's efforts lead to - he seems to have no interest and is simply picking up his Money for wearing a pair of shorts - but then he always did!  BT Sport or Fox 4 in Holland - the result will be the same and by Saturday evening we will either be feeling a little better or back to hoping that Stuttgart can help us next week!  nudge will probably be smiling all weekend:rofl:

Bentaleb has no heart. He's probably OK in a winning team but in a team that is struggling he isn't prepared to fight and tends to go missing. He was the same when on loan at Newcastle last season. Not the sort of player you want in our position.

Hertha Berlin take the lead against RB Leipzig through a Cordoba goal against the run of play. It was a clever and swift counter attack by Hertha that lead to the goal. The ball was punted forward to Lukebakio and he squared the ball to the unmarked Cordoba who finished smartly by tucking the ball away past Gulacsi.

Moments earlier, RB Leipzig went close to taking the lead as an effort by Kluivert was well saved by Schwolow.

• Subscriber

Can't watch today's matches due to work and Spa 24 hours, but happy to see Union get another point. Mainz losing again is also nice, now only need BVB to thrash Schalke later tonight.

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can't watch today's matches due to work and Spa 24 hours, but happy to see Union get another point. Mainz losing again is also nice, now only need BVB to thrash Schalke later tonight.

See Jimmy - Don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so9_9

37 minutes ago, Rick said:

It really is pathetic how every single Bundesliga side bend over for Bayern. 

They lost 4-1 to Hoffenheim and beat Hertha by a single goal, struggling in 2 of their 5 games thus far. With the 3 big wins over 2 relegation candidates and off the back of destroying Atletico.

But okay. 

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

They lost 4-1 to Hoffenheim and beat Hertha by a single goal, struggling in 2 of their 5 games thus far. With the 3 big wins over 2 relegation candidates and off the back of destroying Atletico.

But okay. 

Stop ruining my argument! 

20 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

See Jimmy - Don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so9_9

We were awful again mate. There's no fight, no passion in that team. They have the look of a relegated side. Can't defend, can't score either. Add to that there's no money there to bring any new players in over the winter and things are looking bleak.

The board and the players should be thankful there's no supporters allowed inside the stadium because they get an easy ride when there's no fans there to let them know what they think!

26 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

We were awful again mate. There's no fight, no passion in that team. They have the look of a relegated side. Can't defend, can't score either. Add to that there's no money there to bring any new players in over the winter and things are looking bleak.

The board and the players should be thankful there's no supporters allowed inside the stadium because they get an easy ride when there's no fans there to let them know what they think!

Schalke will probably sell Ozan Kabak to Liverpool during the winter break for a fee somewhere between 25 to 30 million euros. Liverpool are claimed to want Kabak as the ideal replacement for the injured van Dijk. If Schalke sell Kabak for that expected fee, then hopefully they will be able to sign and bring in some decent players during January.

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Schalke will probably sell Ozan Kabak to Liverpool during the winter break for a fee somewhere between 25 to 30 million euros. Liverpool are claimed to want Kabak as the ideal replacement for the injured van Dijk. If Schalke sell Kabak for that expected fee, then hopefully they will be able to sign and bring in some decent players during January.

Yeah I seen that. The worry is the €30m will end up just paying off some of the debt.

• The title was changed to Bundesliga 2020/21 - [5. Spieltag] - 23-26th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived