Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds - Friday 23rd October, 2020

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on BT Sport Box Office

170px-Aston_Villa.svg.png     VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Aston Villa - 38
Draws - 30
Leeds - 31

Last Meeting
28/04/2019 - Leeds 1-1 Aston Villa (Championship)

Last Fixture
23/12/2018 - Aston Villa 2-3 Leeds (Championship)

Not ideal going into this game with the problems we have.

Struijk will replace Phillips, we'll wait on Cooper to pass a fitness test and if he doesn't, Ayling moves to centre back, Dallas to right back and Alioski/Davis in at LB.

The only good thing is the lads are well drilled in being versatile, its not the first time we'd have had to do this, but at Championship level it's easier to get away with.

Frustrating loss Monday after a promising first half. I'd expect a reaction but we're taking on a team bang in form and flying, and they will be desperate to go top of the league.

I'm not confident but then, I think we offer more of an attacking threat than Leicester last week so there could be opportunities for us.

Bamford missing another great chance... been a good game so far despite no goals, Leeds having the biggest threat this half but either side could have got themselves ahead.. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Leeds 1 up.

Just seen it, Bamford, my stream is lagging by about 4 minutes

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen it, Bamford, my stream is lagging by about 4 minutes

Just got the notification on Flashscore. Not watching. How's the game?

Just now, Stan said:

Just got the notification on Flashscore. Not watching. How's the game?

Been pretty good end to end stuff... both sides have had chances but Leeds looking far more dangerous... deserved lead 

Mings getting a bit physical with Bamford as they look at the review but no way a penalty for me, Bamford goes down a bit dramatically in the box but it's him that steps on Mings foot not the other way round.. No penalty

Bamford's had a pretty decent start to the season. For someone who's probably been written off by a lot (including me) to play at this level he's doing alright. Maybe it was the standard of club he was at or age, but he seemed to lack that positional sense and prolific nature to his game for a striker. Now he's already got 5 in 6...

3-0. Bamford hat-trick!

Villa coming back down to earth with a bump...

Surrounded by 3 Villa players with about a foot of space to move in and digs out that quality shot.. 

On the balance of play 3-0 might seem a tad harsh on Villa but for threatening chances created Leeds fully deserving it, probably should have had at least a couple more

For the injuries and absentees that Leeds have had, and the form Villa were in, this is a superb win for Leeds. Not just a 1-0 either, I'll trust @Bluewolf that 3-0 doesn't flatter them and is much deserved!

Makes me think this could be one of the most unpredictable seasons this league has had (barring one). Teams to struggle for proper consistency and difficult to tell where each side will finish (apart from Fulham last). 

Which Premiere League.team did Bamford play for before being sold for a pittance :ph34r:

Edited by LFCMadLad

1 minute ago, Stan said:

For the injuries and absentees that Leeds have had, and the form Villa were in, this is a superb win for Leeds. Not just a 1-0 either, I'll trust @Bluewolf that 3-0 doesn't flatter them and is much deserved!

First half it was pretty even for both sides but Leeds had the better chances but couldn't take them, Villa had one cleared off the line, second half though Leeds have really pushed and been more threatening and clinical.. Villa as a threat just faded away

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Which Premiere League.team did Bamford play for before being released on a free? :ph34r:

Give us a clue??? 

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Give us a clue??? 

Nobody, he was sold for a pittance :ph34r:

Credit to Bamford. 6 goals in 5 games is not a bad return at all.

I've waited 16 years to watch us get back here and 20 years to watch us play an exciting brand of football again. A lot of hurt and a lot of pain.

All I will say to anyone who is down about their team is stick with it. Experience the low times because when the good times come, the high's feel so much more emotional.

I'm just going to make sure I enjoy and savour every moment we play whilst Marcelo Bielsa remains at this football club because I don't know if I'll witness this kind of football again.

Aston Villa were absolutely destroyed. It was actually a shame that game was not accessible to many neutral football fans on Sky or BT because that was a sensational performance.

27 attempts at the in form team in the league, it should have been them conceding 7 this time and that's not an overreaction, trust me.

As Bielsa performances go, that will be in the Top 5 since he came here easy.

Chuffed to fucking nuts. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've waited 16 years to watch us get back here and 20 years to watch us play an exciting brand of football again. A lot of hurt and a lot of pain.

All I will say to anyone who is down about their team is stick with it. Experience the low times because when the good times come, the high's feel so much more emotional.

I'm just going to make sure I enjoy and savour every moment we play whilst Marcelo Bielsa remains at this football club because I don't know if I'll witness this kind of football again.

Aston Villa were absolutely destroyed. It was actually a shame that game was not accessible to many neutral football fans on Sky or BT because that was a sensational performance.

27 attempts at the in form team in the league, it should have been them conceding 7 this time and that's not an overreaction, trust me.

As Bielsa performances go, that will be in the Top 5 since he came here easy.

Chuffed to fucking nuts. 

Your Twitter admin is decent xD

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your Twitter admin is decent xD

Yeah they're pretty good.

Seen loads flying about but this is my favourite tweet of the night by far... xD

10/10.