Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on BT Sport Box Office

170px-Aston_Villa.svg.png     VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Aston Villa - 38
Draws - 30
Leeds - 31

Last Meeting
28/04/2019 - Leeds 1-1 Aston Villa (Championship)

Last Fixture
23/12/2018 - Aston Villa 2-3 Leeds (Championship)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not ideal going into this game with the problems we have.

Struijk will replace Phillips, we'll wait on Cooper to pass a fitness test and if he doesn't, Ayling moves to centre back, Dallas to right back and Alioski/Davis in at LB.

The only good thing is the lads are well drilled in being versatile, its not the first time we'd have had to do this, but at Championship level it's easier to get away with.

Frustrating loss Monday after a promising first half. I'd expect a reaction but we're taking on a team bang in form and flying, and they will be desperate to go top of the league.

I'm not confident but then, I think we offer more of an attacking threat than Leicester last week so there could be opportunities for us.

• The topic was pinned
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen it, Bamford, my stream is lagging by about 4 minutes

Just got the notification on Flashscore. Not watching. How's the game?

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-1 Leeds - Friday 23rd October, 2020
  • The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-2 Leeds - Friday 23rd October, 2020
  • Administrator

Bamford's had a pretty decent start to the season. For someone who's probably been written off by a lot (including me) to play at this level he's doing alright. Maybe it was the standard of club he was at or age, but he seemed to lack that positional sense and prolific nature to his game for a striker. Now he's already got 5 in 6...

• Administrator

For the injuries and absentees that Leeds have had, and the form Villa were in, this is a superb win for Leeds. Not just a 1-0 either, I'll trust @Bluewolf that 3-0 doesn't flatter them and is much deserved!

Makes me think this could be one of the most unpredictable seasons this league has had (barring one). Teams to struggle for proper consistency and difficult to tell where each side will finish (apart from Fulham last). 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

For the injuries and absentees that Leeds have had, and the form Villa were in, this is a superb win for Leeds. Not just a 1-0 either, I'll trust @Bluewolf that 3-0 doesn't flatter them and is much deserved!

First half it was pretty even for both sides but Leeds had the better chances but couldn't take them, Villa had one cleared off the line, second half though Leeds have really pushed and been more threatening and clinical.. Villa as a threat just faded away

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 0-3 Leeds - Friday 23rd October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived