talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Explosion at Manchester MEN Arena

football forum

Very apt these words...

Ariana Grande with Andrea Bocelli

E Più Ti Penso (The More I think Of You)

The more I think of you

The more I think of you
the more I miss you;
I see you with my tired eyes...

I'd like to be
there with you too;
I hold the pillow,
you're here near me...

It's the middle of the night
And you're far away...
The emptiness surrounds me,
there's not a sun anymore...

I'm sad and hopeless
as I've never been
without you, without you...

And if, by chance,
I never saw you again,
I already know what I'd do –
I wouldn't live...

And the more I think of you
the more I miss you...

I'm nothing much without you,
I feel like a fish deprived
of water to swim in,
breathing without you,

And if, by chance,
I never saw you again,
I would die...

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No mate, no!

I don't have time anymore to think because I'm a father of a 1 year old boy.  When I come home from work I don't listen to the news anymore because unless something like what happened in Manchester occurs, I play with my son and when he goes to sleep I go soon after.  I wake up in the morning and have a lot of decisions to make and a lot of meetings to attend to.  When that's ended, I go home and then you have what I said at the start.  On weekends when I'm off I concentrate on my son and my wife apart from other things I have to do around the house because I live a family life and my wife controls my free time with many things that need doing.

On my holidays I go on holiday and I disconnect because I'm mentally and physically knackered.  I enjoy my time with my family and then soon after I return back to the world in the first paragraph.

That in my opinion is the life of most men that are fathers and care about their family and the time they have to give to them.  I go about my way with my family enjoying every minute I have with them like for example going to a concert where my son likes the singer (if he were that age) and because I'm living my life freely, I wouldn't go about checking if there are any critical terrorist alerts in what I consider to be a free city called London.

That's life!  That's my free life...

Because if it were any other way there wouldn't have been 21,000 people in the Manchester Arena the other night.  Parents don't want their children to be at risk, and people in general don't want to be where there's a risk of a retard that believes in a god that forbids certain meats and tells you to wash your feet before you bow to him in a public building...  People (most people) don't concern themselves with these things because they're too busy with everything else they have going on around them in life.

Give a knife to your son and close your eyes then. Get blotto and throw your son in the backseat, bury you head in the sand to your obviousness drunkenness. That is the point I'm making, YOU don't have to be vigilant about a terrorist warning but the security does, you are the one that puts faith in them to do their job and they don't do it. You only need to care about your immediate surroundings, just like when you drive a care you worry about those cars near yours but it isn't your job to care if the lights are working properly. BUT when those standards aren't meant you have to make sure they are in the future. IF the lights keep breaking down and causing accidents, wouldn't you make a phonecall to your local government building? Wouldn't you file a complaint? Just like a friend that keeps driving drunk, you'd want to make sure it doesn't happen, right? Wouldn't you have a word to the bartender that keeps overserving your mate and leaving him to drive home? You can't affect the world at large, but you can affect little things that directly affect you and your family.

When your son is older you'll be the one trusted to be vigilant, those that aren't end up like this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062560/Police-Officers-2-year-old-son-shot-dads-gun.html 

Just like the security of MEN making sure the venue is a safe place, it was his job to remain aware and vigilant of himself. They weren't and he wasn't now people are dead. It doesn't just apply to foreign relations, it applies to life in every little bit of it.  Maybe you can't change the government but you can make sure a venue is more secure.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Give a knife to your son and close your eyes then. Get blotto and throw your son in the backseat, bury you head in the sand to your obviousness drunkenness. That is the point I'm making, YOU don't have to be vigilant about a terrorist warning but the security does, you are the one that puts faith in them to do their job and they don't do it. You only need to care about your immediate surroundings, just like when you drive a care you worry about those cars near yours but it isn't your job to care if the lights are working properly. BUT when those standards aren't meant you have to make sure they are in the future. IF the lights keep breaking down and causing accidents, wouldn't you make a phonecall to your local government building? Wouldn't you file a complaint? Just like a friend that keeps driving drunk, you'd want to make sure it doesn't happen, right? Wouldn't you have a word to the bartender that keeps overserving your mate and leaving him to drive home? You can't affect the world at large, but you can affect little things that directly affect you and your family.

When your son is older you'll be the one trusted to be vigilant, those that aren't end up like this: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4062560/Police-Officers-2-year-old-son-shot-dads-gun.html 

Just like the security of MEN making sure the venue is a safe place, it was his job to remain aware and vigilant of himself. They weren't and he wasn't know people are dead. It doesn't just apply to foreign relations, it applies to life in every little bit of it. 

Mate...  Part of being a father is also being vigilant and taking care of all the dangers you can think of.  But you can't think of them all and that's why ACCIDENTS occur where they can even be your own fault.  But I'm NOT GOING TO CHANGE my way of living freely and being paranoid wherever there are a load of people together at any type of gathering, be it a concert, a festival or a blooming bring and buy sale.  We live life...  It's the way we were brought up in the West and that's what we know.  We are conditioned that way and I can only do what I can and aside from that I have a duty to offer to my child the most fascinating youth I can without fears.

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Reports that the attackers mum had warned authorities that her son had become a dangerous extremist.

That's on top of people at the local mosque reporting him as well. 

In that light...

tolerantfellow.thumb.png.773893ecddabfbe05e19b5d2b65d1cc9.png

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Reports that the attackers mum had warned authorities that her son had become a dangerous extremist.

That's on top of people at the local mosque reporting him as well. 

And the end-game is him standing in the foyer waiting for people to come out from a concert with a bomb strapped to his chest.

Why is it they can take us to account on the crimes (they call those crimes) we commit, but yet we have no power to do anything about things like these?

8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate...  Part of being a father is also being vigilant and taking care of all the dangers you can think of.  But you can't think of them all and that's why ACCIDENTS occur where they can even be your own fault.  But I'm NOT GOING TO CHANGE my way of living freely and being paranoid wherever there are a load of people together at any type of gathering, be it a concert, a festival or a blooming bring and buy sale.  We live life...  It's the way we were brought up in the West and that's what we know.  We are conditioned that way and I can only do what I can and aside from that I have a duty to offer to my child the most fascinating youth I can without fears.

THAT ISN'T MY POINT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT ONCE

Calm your Latino ass down and realise you're arguing against something I never said.

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

THAT ISN'T MY POINT I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT ONCE

Calm your Latino ass down and realise you're arguing against something I never said.

Latino Arse! xD  I liked that one hahaha

Mate...  I wasn't accusing you of anything and in my response to you I was merely making a loud general statement.  We live our lives according to the culture we've been brought up on.  I know it's pure demagoguery and meaningless, but I spent my youth playing football, hanging out around my area and watching 80s movies when I was kid.  Without a fear in the world!  I want to offer that wonderful world I lived to my son and any other child I may be so lucky to have in the future.  That's all I'm saying.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Latino Arse! xD  I liked that one hahaha

Mate...  I wasn't accusing you of anything and in my response to you I was merely making a loud general statement.  We live our lives according to the culture we've been brought up on.  I know it's pure demagoguery and meaningless, but I spent my youth playing football, hanging out around my area and watching 80s movies when I was kid.  Without a fear in the world!  I want to offer that wonderful world I lived to my son and any other child I may be so lucky to have in the future.  That's all I'm saying.

That's exactly right! And that is how it should be and it would be if people did their fucking jobs. Tell me mate, what sort of security detail forgoes procedure during a nation wide 'terrorist alert'? A bloody lousy one at that. What sort of police force doesn't investigate parents bloody dobbing in their child as an extremist? Bloody lousy ones at that. We put faith in our family to protect us, then our community, then the police, and then the gubment. When one of those stops working it seriously puts people in the midst of harm. Accidents do happen, that is just life but when something happens so often does it stop being an 'accident'? When you trust someone to protect you and the continuously don't do that, questions have to be asked and change must happen.

I mean bloody hell, Bataclan wasn't even a year and a half ago..

39 minutes ago, Panflute said:

In that light...

Begs the question what they're fucking looking for when they look at everything we do online, who we text, and who we call.

You've got his mum reporting him, people from his mosque reporting him, he's flying a fucking flag... yet he's not being monitored with all of this shit they've constructed to take away freedom for safety. Either get that shit working to stop this shit from happening in Europe, or stop wasting money collecting data and information on normal people and letting these attacks happen.

I mean, if someone's fucking mum reports them, that should be taken incredibly fucking seriously...

On 5/23/2017 at 10:39 PM, Cannabis said:

I'm no politics guru but I'm a fan of how Russia operates. They're painted as the villains by Western propaganda but anyone with half a brain cell should be able to see through it. 

Any country that enters another and 'annexes' an area of its land through military force is nothing but villainous. Irrespective of its stance in the Middle East, the Kremlin can quite happily burn to the ground, for me.

(Please please note - this is just an aside to what has been a fucking horrible couple of days. I can't add anything on topic that hasn't already been said. Manchester - stay strong.)

21 minutes ago, StefBWFC said:

Any country that enters another and 'annexes' an area of its land through military force is nothing but villainous. Irrespective of its stance in the Middle East, the Kremlin can quite happily burn to the ground, for me.

(Please please note - this is just an aside to what has been a fucking horrible couple of days. I can't add anything on topic that hasn't already been said. Manchester - stay strong.)

Crimea is and has always has been Russian. Kiev gangsters can fucking die of pozzed Western super-AIDS.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Panflute said:

In that light...

It's quite apparent the term British Intelligence is meant ironically in 2017. Man known to be radical perpetrates heinous crime, yet no one seems to have the foresight to take it seriously? This would be akin to being served a giant shit at a restaurant, biting into it, knowing something was wrong with everything pointing to it being shit but thinking "Nah. Nothing bad can come of this".

1 hour ago, Spike said:

That's exactly right! And that is how it should be and it would be if people did their fucking jobs. Tell me mate, what sort of security detail forgoes procedure during a nation wide 'terrorist alert'? A bloody lousy one at that. What sort of police force doesn't investigate parents bloody dobbing in their child as an extremist? Bloody lousy ones at that. We put faith in our family to protect us, then our community, then the police, and then the gubment. When one of those stops working it seriously puts people in the midst of harm. Accidents do happen, that is just life but when something happens so often does it stop being an 'accident'? When you trust someone to protect you and the continuously don't do that, questions have to be asked and change must happen.

I mean bloody hell, Bataclan wasn't even a year and a half ago..

The problem is that unless you have a Stasi-like secret service, it's impossible to keep tabs on every possible terrorist 24/7. And since one successful terrorist attack lead to others, the tendency is to get worse. Europe is just not as safe as it was and probably will never be again. Just like any latin american deal with urban violence, they'll have to deal with terrorism and that means sacrificing some liberties. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Very apt these words...

Ariana Grande with Andrea Bocelli

E Più Ti Penso (The More I think Of You)

The more I think of you

The more I think of you
the more I miss you;
I see you with my tired eyes...

I'd like to be
there with you too;
I hold the pillow,
you're here near me...

It's the middle of the night
And you're far away...
The emptiness surrounds me,
there's not a sun anymore...

I'm sad and hopeless
as I've never been

And if, by chance,
I never saw you again,
I wouldn't live...

And the more I think of you
the more I miss you...

I'm nothing much without you,
I feel like a fish deprived
of water to swim in,
breathing without you,

And if, by chance,
I never saw you again,
I would die...

Sorry mate but a terrorist attack doesn't make her shite top 40 songs written for her by some spud deep or meaningful.

Just heard that Yaya Toure has pledged to donate £100'000 of his own money to help the families of the Manchester bombing victims. 

If this is true then that's staggering generousity and shows what an utterly nice and humble bloke he really is. 

Well played Yaya :congrats:

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Rip. Terrible news. 

Are you guys now seeing a huge increase in police presence in public areas? 

Does that make you feel safer or more uneasy? 

It does unnerve me slightly but it's important to understand that they are there for protection.

The important thing for me is that these terrorists do not strike when the level of security is high, they'll strike again in a few months when it's dropped slightly and normality has been resumed.

8 hours ago, Batard said:

It's quite apparent the term British Intelligence is meant ironically in 2017. Man known to be radical perpetrates heinous crime, yet no one seems to have the foresight to take it seriously? This would be akin to being served a giant shit at a restaurant, biting into it, knowing something was wrong with everything pointing to it being shit but thinking "Nah. Nothing bad can come of this".

It's not a case of them not taking it seriously. It's more of a case of them not having the resources or the law that supports them to take an abrupt stance. That unfortunately is the same for all crime at the moment.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The New York Times have published crime scene photos and in response the British Police will no longer be sharing any information with the US authorities. Trust broken down.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Leaks like that an unforgivable. Unless someone is seriously sanctioned no further evidence should be shared.

pathetic on 2 parts. firstly being the person that leaked it and secondly the US for being dumb enough to publicise it without realising the implications it has on current investigations. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Begs the question what they're fucking looking for when they look at everything we do online, who we text, and who we call.

You've got his mum reporting him, people from his mosque reporting him, he's flying a fucking flag... yet he's not being monitored with all of this shit they've constructed to take away freedom for safety. Either get that shit working to stop this shit from happening in Europe, or stop wasting money collecting data and information on normal people and letting these attacks happen.

I mean, if someone's fucking mum reports them, that should be taken incredibly fucking seriously...

There's a video going round on Facebook from a couple of years ago where a Police Officer warns the then Home Secretary Theresa May that the budget cuts towards the police are putting national security at risk. We all knew he was right at the time but the sadest part is he talks about us being reactive rather than proactive and that's exactly what has happened here. It's taken an absolutely tragic incident before the government have began to acknowledge that the threshold on deporting non british citizens conspiring to commit terrorism needs to be dropped significantly.

Archived