talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Explosion at Manchester MEN Arena

football forum

22 minutes ago, adziom said:

You can argue about it all day. There is no solution. Attacking their country is the wrong thing to do and will just create more extremists. Doing nothing is obviously not the solution because that means they're attacking us with impunity.

This. 

Go over there and wipe out ISIS and all we'll see is another group come to prominence in a few years time or we sit back and let them attack us with little to no reaction. It's a lose-lose situation really. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night a man arrested in links with the Manchester terror attack in my local area. We've currently got upped surveillance eyeing people in the centre and an area has been quarantined after a bomb threat. Unnerving.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Where are you based? I'm from a really small town in Wigan and someone was arrested in the town center for having links to the bomber.

I think I read that he was trying to get a suspicious parcel onto a bus?

• Subscriber

The biggest concern for me at the moment is his 'home grown terrorism' boom. The internet is a dangerous thing and the police have had to come into school's and train teachers to identify signs of young people becoming 'radicalised' because they go through the teenage phase of not really having anything to believe in and not knowing where exactly they belong in a world, and they get contacted by extremists who give them something to believe in and a way to be remembered. This isn't the only form of home grown terrorism either.

It's absolutely disgusting and evil that it is actually part of their plan to get us to react by killing their own people in retaliation so that they can radicalise more people against the big, bad West and grow their army.

One thing that could happen is more vocal figures in the Islam community speaking out and really highlighting that this isn't what their religion stands for and believes in otherwise you've got a generation of young people growing up at risk of actually falling for it because nearly everything Islam-related they are exposed to is innocent people getting killed. You've got to thank fuck for schools and particularly good RE teachers who are still fighting the good fight out there and educating them otherwise but a time will come where it's not enough.

We had a minute's silence at school today as a mark of respect for the victims followed by time for the kids to ask questions and say anything they feel they need to say about the attack. Thankfully none of the kids have lost direct friends and family this time but some of the things they come out with are absolutely terrifying, such as "someone told me that it says in the Qu'ran that they'll go to heaven if they kill people from other religions, is that why they do it?".

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Cure said:

Last night a man arrested in links with the Manchester terror attack in my local area. We've currently got upped surveillance eyeing people in the centre and an area has been quarantined after a bomb threat. Unnerving.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Where are you based? I'm from a really small town in Wigan and someone was arrested in the town center for having links to the bomber.

Nuneaton.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Wont be long before they set off bombs outside football games if they cant get inside, 50,000 people in one place  ..scary thought!

FA Cup final will be a bit tense this weekend. Apparently the first time you won't be allowed onto Wembley Way without having your bag searched.

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Wont be long before they set off bombs outside football games if they cant get inside, 50,000 people in one place  ..scary thought!

I agree, I'm surprised they haven't targeted a football match yet.

I think most grounds have a much higher level of security though although that doesn't stop them from walking around outside the ground before or after a game.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

FA Cup final will be a bit tense this weekend. Apparently the first time you won't be allowed onto Wembley Way without having your bag searched.

where will they have the search points? presumably straight outside Wembley Park station which is gonna clog up hoards of people coming out of the tube. And surely every street would have to be manned around the stadium for bag searches. Is there enough police/security for that?!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

where will they have the search points? presumably straight outside Wembley Park station which is gonna clog up hoards of people coming out of the tube. And surely every street would have to be manned around the stadium for bag searches. Is there enough police/security for that?!

I don't know, only passing this on second hand from someone at work, just what I've heard.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

They can just get them in the streets coming out instead   ..i would imagine the S.A.S will have snipers on roof tops and undercover commando's in the crowds 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm sure the scum who propose these things have thought of this, the fact they haven't shows two things; this is a small group without a massive capability and our security forces are pretty good at keeping on top of things.

Of course, they need to be lucky once and any attack is too many but we are in a safe country, one which faces a threat that can and will be managed. Id expect to see a closer tab on people visiting the Middle East thought, I'm absolutely baffled this lad has clearly gone and been helped in a country with massive Is presence.

14 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Can't let terrorism get in the way of a bevy on a hot Thursday.

No Sir!  ..anyone that gets the way of my diet Pepsi on the rocks on a red hot Thursday afternoon is asking for trouble!

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

A road in Wigan has been closed and local residents have been evacuated as a bomb squad moves in. All 27 major trauma centres have been told to be on high alert over the bank holiday weekend and I suspect the government has some intelligence on another attack as it feels as though the whole country is on high alert.

Scary how close to home this is getting now, imagine having this kind of trouble on your doorstep. 

30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Only in Wigan could there be a bomb scare and everyone reacts by going to the pub xD. As far as I know the explosion robot has gone into the suspects house to have a look at the suspicious items. According to police it's a rented property that was being used by a single Libyan man. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Police cordon has been cleared in Wigan however police officers are still guarding the house in question.

Cheers Geoff.

Unless there's more to the speech coming then based on what the press have published as the speech that he will make he won't be mentioning police numbers or that terrorist restriction orders were relaxed due to human rights arguments by the lib dems in coalition government. 

Mentioning that being involved in war abroad can have consequences at home is probably the sanest thing a politician can say. If people actually by into an argument of "They hate us because we have freedom" argument then you really need your head checked. I understand why most politicians won't say that it has something to do with wars abroad as they want to absolve themselves from any responsibility but it should be extremely see through to people with a working brain.

8 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Mentioning that being involved in war abroad can have consequences at home is probably the sanest thing a politician can say. If people actually by into an argument of "They hate us because we have freedom" argument then you really need your head checked. I understand why most politicians won't say that it has something to do with wars abroad as they want to absolve themselves from any responsibility but it should be extremely see through to people with a working brain.

With the likes of IS and extremist Muslims there is truth in their hatred of Western freedom, a freedom they see decadent and of moral decay. These people are the most miserable wretches on earth, at its heart Salafist-Wahhabi Islam is a puritanical hellhole of a creed. 

What gives them appeal is their appeal to morality, they can call out all these examples of wars, interventions and such forth, pulling in people for 'revenge', it's like how any ideology underpinned by hatred, there's always a victimhood at the bottom of it. Corbyn has to tread a fine line, he shouldn't really mention the 'revenge', 'grievance' stuff but he purely has to focus on how Iraq and Libya, after British intervention, have become hotbeds for these vermin who want to kill British people. That's been the result of intervention, not democracy, not freedom but a greater threat to innocent lives of British people. Now that's not good government, and May wants to bomb Syria for fuck' sake.

Archived