Kick-off 17.30 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png      VS     1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Man Utd - 78
Draws - 55
Chelsea - 54

Last Meeting
19/07/2020 - Man Utd 1-3 Chelsea (FA Cup)

Last Fixture
11/08/2019 - Man Utd 4-0 Chelsea 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If one goes back and watches Timo Werner at RBL, you'll notice that nearly all of his goals come from the left-channel. He moves from the interior left flank to the centre, but he needs space because he does it through pace, not tight spaces. I'm convinced that Giroud as the centre with Werner moving through the left would kill Wan-Bissaka and the right sided United centrehalf. But Werner also likes to smash that fucking ball as hard as he can so he does sky it and miss the target a lot. @Devil-Dick Willie I can see why you'd say he'd flop. He is very much brute force over guile, but that is England in a nutshell

France won the WC with Giroud as one half of a strike team but I don't think Chelsea have the personal to win a midfield battle with only two centremids. Honestly five at the back, three mf, and three forwards may be that works? But I couldn't tell you if that would only make the CBs stupider than they already are.

United will probably play both Rashford and James up top, considering Cavani probably isn't up to speed. And if that's the case, we already know what their game plan is. 

On 22/10/2020 at 08:38, Spike said:

If one goes back and watches Timo Werner at RBL, you'll notice that nearly all of his goals come from the left-channel. He moves from the interior left flank to the centre, but he needs space because he does it through pace, not tight spaces. I'm convinced that Giroud as the centre with Werner moving through the left would kill Wan-Bissaka and the right sided United centrehalf. But Werner also likes to smash that fucking ball as hard as he can so he does sky it and miss the target a lot. @Devil-Dick Willie I can see why you'd say he'd flop. He is very much brute force over guile, but that is England in a nutshell

His first goal against Saints came from the left side with Havertz operating as a CF. This is essentially what Lampard wants. Issue is we have no balance in our CM's to play a double pivot. 

Will need a disciplined performance much like against Sevilla if we want to get anything here. Old Trafford been our bogey ground for years. 

Mendy

James--Silva--Zouma--Chilwell

Kante--Kovacic

CHO----------------Pulisic

Havertz----Werner

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

How did that from Maguire not even get reviewed and now they're looking at a penalty for Man Utd for nothing?

If I speak I'm in big trouble.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How did that from Maguire not even get reviewed and now they're looking at a penalty for Man Utd for nothing?

He gets a free pass for being Phil's bald head.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

The way it just gets accepted and shrugged off as well.

This is where they need to be accountable for decisions... What would be wrong with the VAR official talking to the commentary team to explain why they didn't give anything or even review it during half time??? As long as they stay hidden in a dark room they can effectively do as they bloody please on any given day... 

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Because they will bend every fucking rule possible if it means Manchester Utd have the possibility of being awarded a penalty. 

Its so blatantly obvious and its becoming beyond embarrassing. 

52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Because they will bend every fucking rule possible if it means Manchester Utd have the possibility of being awarded a penalty. 

Its so blatantly obvious and its becoming beyond embarrassing. 

More like the rhetoric is getting embarrassing xD

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea - Saturday 24th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived