• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea - Saturday 24th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few points. 

1. Had Kepa played, United win this 2-0. 

2. Thiago Silva at 36 is still quality. 

3. Reece James should be our #1 RB. 

4. Plus side, second clean sheet in a row. 

5. Negative side, we still have yet to find balance between defense/attack. Neither can look good simultaneously. 

6. Awful game of football but both sides really organised and were obviously looking for defensive improvements over recent calamities. 

Well... about as exciting as going through the neighbours holiday photo album that was... 

The good news is we must be the first team to prevent United getting a penalty since the beginning of last season.. 

Also we kept another clean sheet.. 

The bad news is we are about as threatening as soft toy up front... second game in a row, Maybe it's Lampard's plan to have us 0-0 draw our way in to the top 4 spots.. 

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

E78B1BCC-C391-4576-95EC-41DCB0BB400F.jpeg

Normally I have a good sense of humour about most things but doubt very many ( Apart from United fans and a few other assorted dimwits  ) would find it funny that someone can blatantly cheat like that and on top of it have the very system put in place to rectify such things ( VAR ) be such and abject failure in putting it right... 

I didn't think after all the trouble it caused last season and having supposedly learnt from it that it could be even worse than it was before but it is.. 

• Subscriber

That still makes it look worse than it was, but that's a penalty for me and they didn't seem to even look at it. I wonder what obscure sub-article the referee's union will use to pretend that grabbing an opponent round the neck from behind is actually a fair way to win an aerial challenge but having the ball smashed at your armpit from 4cm away is an unquestionable handball.

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Normally I have a good sense of humour about most things but doubt very many ( Apart from United fans and a few other assorted dimwits  ) would find it funny that someone can blatantly cheat like that and on top of it have the very system put in place to rectify such things ( VAR ) be such and abject failure in putting it right... 

I didn't think after all the trouble it caused last season and having supposedly learnt from it that it could be even worse than it was before but it is.. 

We had two blatant pens missed last year as well as the rub with others. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a definite pen, but it’s simply magnified because it’s United. There’s been several instances of things being blatantly missed, but it’s only ever matters when it’s United. Like there’s some big conspiracy to help us. If people think we genuinely pay off the league and referees to finish third, they need their fucking head testing.

Remember Josh King literally throwing Kane to the ground, but no penalty? Or Ward-Prowse falling into the Everton player for a penalty? Of course not. Because it’s not United, so who cares, right?

Anyone would think we’d had the most penalties awarded in Premier League history. We all know who that is though.............

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The passion with which Manchester United fans defend Maguire is the same passion the bigots of England hate Megan Markle with. It’s totally irrational, with nothing based in fact and quite funny.

Who’s defending him? He’s shite.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

We had two blatant pens missed last year as well as the rub with others. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a definite pen, but it’s simply magnified because it’s United. There’s been several instances of things being blatantly missed, but it’s only ever matters when it’s United. Like there’s some big conspiracy to help us. If people think we genuinely pay off the league and referees to finish third, they need their fucking head testing.

Remember Josh King literally throwing Kane to the ground, but no penalty? Or Ward-Prowse falling into the Everton player for a penalty? Of course not. Because it’s not United, so who cares, right?

Anyone would think we’d had the most penalties awarded in Premier League history. We all know who that is though.............

You haven't seen much football news this week then? xD

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

C’mon mate. Tell me things aren’t magnified when it’s us. And with a straight face.

It does sometimes but you can't fall back on that every time (and you do mate). The officials and the commentators completely glossed over that challenge and it's hardly been all over social media from what I've seen. People on this thread saying "that was a foul" about a blatant foul isn't magnifying it. That's just commenting on the only Premier League match currently in play. Come back when everyone's still crying about it in a week and we'll talk about incidents getting magnified because certain clubs are on one side or the other of it.

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

It does sometimes but you can't fall back on that every time (and you do mate). The officials and the commentators completely glossed over that challenge and it's hardly been all over social media from what I've seen. People on this thread saying "that was a foul" about a blatant foul isn't magnifying it. That's just commenting on the only Premier League match currently in play. Come back when everyone's still crying about it in a week and we'll talk about incidents getting magnified because certain clubs are on one side or the other of it.

Why would I come back week after week? Again, nobody remembers other incidents because it doesn’t fit the rhetoric. It’s just boo fucking hoo, the refs and FA love United, it’s all a conspiracy. Been like it since 2007 when I first joined the forum. Gets boring as fuck to be honest. It’s easy to fall back on because it’s every match day. Funny how I’m always accused of defending the club to the hilt when I actually I hate them more than most of you. When all you constantly read about is this pro United agenda by officials to keep us ‘at the top’ and how apparently it’s only us, then yes, I’ll probably keep on talking about it. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Why would I come back week after week? Again, nobody remembers other incidents because it doesn’t fit the rhetoric. It’s just boo fucking hoo, the refs and FA love United, it’s all a conspiracy. Been like it since 2007 when I first joined the forum. Gets boring as fuck to be honest. It’s easy to fall back on because it’s every match day. Funny how I’m always accused of defending the club to the hilt when I actually I hate them more than most of you. When all you constantly read about is this pro United agenda by officials to keep us ‘at the top’ and how apparently it’s only us, then yes, I’ll probably keep on talking about it. 

Nobody said there was an agenda or a conspiracy, unless I missed something. They said that was a foul by Maguire, which it was.

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea - Saturday 24th October, 2020
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mate, McGuire looked like he was bout to chokeslam Aspi through a table like Kane. And it wasn't reviewed. 

I’ve agreed xD. It’s just MadLad convinced there’s some conspiracy, when truth be told, there’s tonnes of shit decisions made by shit refs.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
36 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Dan James must have something on Solksjaer to keep getting in this team. I think DVB must have shafted his daughter as well. What a waste of £40mill. Feel sorry for the lad as he’s a class act.

I am surprised that DVB isn't getting more game time. Seems like Solksjaer is content with what hes seeing and with a guy like Donny you'd get more of a drive towards goal. 

47 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ve agreed xD. It’s just MadLad convinced there’s some conspiracy, when truth be told, there’s tonnes of shit decisions made by shit refs.

Its not just the amount of penalty decisions that go in Utd's favour! They don't even bother reviewing penalty claims against you now. 

Its enough to make you cringe how obvious it is.

17 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its not just the amount of penalty decisions that go in Utd's favour! They don't even bother reviewing penalty claims against you now. 

Its enough to make you cringe how obvious it is.

You’ve had the most penalties in Premier League history. It’s a conspiracy!!!!

24 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I am surprised that DVB isn't getting more game time. Seems like Solksjaer is content with what hes seeing and with a guy like Donny you'd get more of a drive towards goal. 

He’d be a massive upgrade on Fred, James, Pogba or Mata. No idea what he’s done to not get picked. Some people will say his best position is where Bruno is played, but he’d still be a better option than the players I’ve spoken about.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve had the most penalties in Premier League history. It’s a conspiracy!!!!

Look, if that's all you have to fall back on after these past couple of seasons then ..... xD

Im not the only one on here who thinks it either... but you knew that already. 

Also.. can you post the penalty stats you keep talking about? Im genuinely eager to see them.

Archived