Man Utd 0-0 Chelsea - Saturday 24th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Us, favourable decisions? Tell us another mate xD

You've had plenty in the last couple of seasons. Don't act like you're so hard done by week in week out xD

You and Man Utd get shit loads go their way. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

You've had plenty in the last couple of seasons. Don't act like you're so hard done by week in week out xD

You and Man Utd get shit loads go their way. 

It's not like Leicester have been hard done by either though is it?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not like Leicester have been hard done by either though is it?

Second half of last season was nonsense. Some absolutely awful failures to award a penalty our way.

38 minutes ago, Dan said:

Second half of last season was nonsense. Some absolutely awful failures to award a penalty our way.

Wonder why that was? O.o

Funny how a certain team was being handed them left right and centre yet Leicester couldn't buy a penalty 🤔 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Look, if that's all you have to fall back on after these past couple of seasons then ..... xD

Im not the only one on here who thinks it either... but you knew that already. 

Also.. can you post the penalty stats you keep talking about? Im genuinely eager to see them.

I’ll be fucked if I’m finding the sources again, took me ages. You can ask @Dr. Gonzo as we had a private convo where I provided the links and calcs. Discounting this season, United had 25 over the total of the last 2 season (which is huge I agree), but Liverpool were still ahead by something like 14 pens awarded.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ll be fucked if I’m finding the sources again, took me ages. You can ask @Dr. Gonzo as we had a private convo where I provided the links and calcs. Discounting this season, United had 25 over the total of the last 2 season (which is huge I agree), but Liverpool were still ahead by something like 14 pens awarded.

Fair enough...

Still something fishy going on last season and now though :P

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wonder why that was? O.o

Funny how a certain team was being handed them left right and centre yet Leicester couldn't buy a penalty 🤔 

I'd love to see them all back. You can forgive maybe one or two but it was scarcely believable at one point, in-particular around January & February.

The problem I have is that the accepted inconsistency can lead to rigging under very little questioning. I thought there would be less of this now we have VAR but there isn't.

9 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Fair enough...

Still something fishy going on last season and now though :P

Mate, we’ve definitely had a huge amount and it is bizarre, but last season, there were genuinely only 2 questionable pens that shouldn’t have been. The rest were either stonewall or those that go either way.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

I'd love to see them all back. You can forgive maybe one or two but it was scarcely believable at one point, in-particular around January & February.

The problem I have is that the accepted inconsistency can lead to rigging under very little questioning. I thought there would be less of this now we have VAR but there isn't.

You realise United were awarded 2 penalties in the whole of January and February? If that’s ‘scarcely believable’, I’m not sure you should be watching football.

Nobody forced Leicester into bottling a 14 point lead from the end of February. That’s why you’re angry about it. The perceived injustice that somehow Man United were simply handed third place last year is laughable. You and Chelsea literally had to win a game or two more, but you didn’t. Nobody to blame but yourselves. Are you saying you weren’t allowed to score? That penalties for you were withheld and therefore you should have won all those games? That United didn’t score any other goals in those games bar penalties? United had 5 penalties between Jan and the end of the season. 4 awarded between you being 14 points clear and losing to us..............

Watford - Foster takes out Fernandes (stonewall)

Tottenham - Push on Pogba (either way for me)

Bournemouth - Handball in box (stonewall)

Villa - Never a penalty (we all know that)

Let’s say each penalty is worth 3 points for a total of 12. Well we beat Watford 3-0 and Bournemouth 5-2 so that’s 6 points anyway. Tottenham we were losing, so only gained a point and Villa we won 3-0. The point swing actually isn’t that impacted by the penalties, unless you’re telling me the penalty against Villa completely swings the game and they were going to win. So there’s your 4 points back and we’re 5th. Happy now? 

• Administrator

It's just a series of mad coincidences that we lost stupid games and dropped stupid points but at the same time Utd got a lot of penalties and chances to win. In reality, they're not linked, even if a couple were seriously debatable (that Villa one was the most stupid call ever xD

But still, that 14 pts dropped we only had ourselves to blame. Nothing stopped us from completing games ourselves and making the Man Utd games irrelevant/moot points. 

Having said that, we did have some questionable calls to against us - Dunk handball not given when in other matches similar or more unclear handballs were given, so that's where frustration lies. 

In reality though the onus was still on us to get a point or few extra. Nothing to do with rigging it or fixing it in my opinion. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You’ve had the most penalties in Premier League history. It’s a conspiracy!!!!

14 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Also.. can you post the penalty stats you keep talking about? Im genuinely eager to see them.

This is all I could find so I do not know if Phill was right or wrong, someone can do the adding up not me, old age and can't count. O.o

Man United Penalties

Liverpool Penalties

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Tbf I never did the actual maths to verify and it still doesn’t sound right to me, especially if you look at some of the numbers over the season.

So I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying that Mike Riley is 100% a Man Utd fan

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I never did the actual maths to verify and it still doesn’t sound right to me, especially if you look at some of the numbers over the season.

So I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I am saying that Mike Riley is 100% a Man Utd fan

Get in the fucking sea.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

PGMOL confirmed they reviewed it during the game and decided no foul. Hilarious.

Would love to hear how they didn't consider it a foul under questioning... Also I notice they didn't announce they were reviewing it like they did with the Rashford incident?? I don't believe they looked at it at all which is the only rational explanation.. Need to keep a watch out for any similar instances in games where the decision is given and compare notes... 

Being serious, I don’t think there is any bias or corruption at play. Yesterday seems like plain old incompetence but I think the reason Manchester United and Liverpool have the highest amount of penalties is for several reasons, obviously they are usually two of the better sides in the division so will be fouled more but there’s also the crowd factor, Anfield and Old Trafford despite often being fairly placid can be quite intimidating and apply pressure on referees. I think Ferguson made a comment like ‘you don’t get them at Anfield’, now despite it being very hypocritical as Old Trafford has a similar effect, he was right in that the crowd plays a role in swaying referees. They are only human and 60k people barracking them will effect them.

VAR, in theory, should go some way to combat this but it won’t remove it completely.

Archived