The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Sheff Utd - Saturday 24th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Jota fits perfectly with the way Liverpool play, only 23, could easily be one of the front 3 regularly soon.

Definitely a solid player that can get better settling in to the team for a season, then take the place of any of the front 3 if/when they leave. 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Would like to see Brewster pop up with something, him and Foden were the stand out players of young England side.

Went off about 10 mins into the second half? xD

Salah did so well to get into that position and should have scored.

Should have put these to bed by now

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Sheff Utd - Saturday 24th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

The fans' reaction to the PPV in general has been very good. More and more sticking two fingers up at the corrupt greedy Premier League.

Hopefully a better solution is soon found.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

The fans' reaction to the PPV in general has been very good. More and more sticking two fingers up at the corrupt greedy Premier League.

Hopefully a better solution is soon found.

For me it's about where does the money go? I'd pay for our games if I knew it was going to Everton and not yet more money going to Sky. I love that people are supporting food banks instead though.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

For me it's about where does the money go? I'd pay for our games if I knew it was going to Everton and not yet more money going to Sky. I love that people are supporting food banks instead though.

I wouldn't pay £15 a game for watching us on the TV. I understand the free to air can't go on forever but £15 a game for what are deemed to be the games not good enough to make the initial TV selections is an absolute scandal, and another insult to the fans in this country. The most good that's come from it is more and more fans waking up to the contempt they're treated with by the league and clubs in it. 2020 has at least revealed that, to even those most in denial.

• Administrator

Just watching highlights. 

Liverpool seemed fortunate not to go behind further before their goal. Definitely miss the presence and organisation of Van Dijk. 

How come the handball by Robertson wasn't given? MOTD commentator mentioned there's been a change in the application to the handball rule. Other than the sleeve thing has there been another change? For the Sheff Utd penalty it looks like they'd have been hard done by because Fabinho just about gets a touch on the ball. You'd think that's something VAR would check - location of the foul but before that is it even a foul in the first place :what:

Salah's offside goal was sensational, shame that had to be disallowed but it was correct decision. 

Jota will be such a key player for Liverpool. Quality in depth might be the difference between some clubs and Liverpool surely have that.

Sheff Utd did well but this wouldn't have been a game they'd be expected to win. Their kit is disgusting too. 

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

How come the handball by Robertson wasn't given? MOTD commentator mentioned there's been a change in the application to the handball rule. Other than the sleeve thing has there been another change?

Disgraceful decision tbf. The law was changed to keep the title on Merseyside. Just ask @LFCMadLad :ph34r::219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Archived