09/07/2020 - Everton 1-1 Southampton

Last Fixture
09/11/2019 - Southampton 1-2 Everton

• The title was changed to Southampton vs Everton - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Coleman injured, Richarlison suspended, James injured. I'm not sure if Jonjoe Kenny is back, I don't think he is. I'd consider giving Sigurdsson a start instead of Gomes here.

Pickford

Kenny/Godfrey - Keane - Mina - Digne

Doucoure - Allan - Gomes/Sigurdsson

Gordon/Bernard - Calvert-Lewin - Iwobi

Going to be a tough one with the absentees we have. Southampton are already 1-0 up too because Ings always scores against us.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Coleman injured, Richarlison suspended, James injured. I'm not sure if Jonjoe Kenny is back, I don't think he is. I'd consider giving Sigurdsson a start instead of Gomes here.

Pickford

Kenny/Godfrey - Keane - Mina - Digne

Doucoure - Allan - Gomes/Sigurdsson

Gordon/Bernard - Calvert-Lewin - Iwobi

Going to be a tough one with the absentees we have. Southampton are already 1-0 up too because Ings always scores against us.

Ancelotti said James could be fit to play. Which would make sense, because for someone who was apparently injured in the first 10 minutes of the Merseyside derby... he did play on as though he wasn't injured. And then he did train during the week prior to the announcement he'd been injured in the first 10 minutes of the Merseyside derby.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ancelotti said James could be fit to play. Which would make sense, because for someone who was apparently injured in the first 10 minutes of the Merseyside derby... he did play on as though he wasn't injured. And then he did train during the week prior to the announcement he'd been injured in the first 10 minutes of the Merseyside derby.

Yep. Ancelotti made the whole thing up to try and turn Van Dijk into the bad guy don't you know. 🤔

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yep. Ancelotti made the whole thing up to try and turn Van Dijk into the bad guy don't you know. 🤔

I do find it hard to believe Rodriguez was injured in that particular incident. Ancelotti is a decent fella though so I'll take his word for it

• Subscriber

I'm sorry but if anyone thinks Ancelotti or Rodriguez or anyone else at any Premier League club would waste their time cooking up some weird fake injury con to shake up the narrative with the full intention of putting that player on a football pitch two days later then I just can't be arsed.

Players pick up knocks all the time, carry on through the adrenaline and take the pain later. It's happened to me more than once. Once in a school match someone hammered the ball against the outside of my foot in the first half and twisted my ankle almost 90 degrees, I played on, even scored a goal, half an hour after the game I couldn't even walk to the bus stop and it took over a month to recover fully. I'm sure it's happened to everyone else.

21 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm sorry but if anyone thinks Ancelotti or Rodriguez or anyone else at any Premier League club would waste their time cooking up some weird fake injury con to shake up the narrative with the full intention of putting that player on a football pitch two days later then I just can't be arsed.

Players pick up knocks all the time, carry on through the adrenaline and take the pain later. It's happened to me more than once. Once in a school match someone hammered the ball against the outside of my foot in the first half and twisted my ankle almost 90 degrees, I played on, even scored a goal, half an hour after the game I couldn't even walk to the bus stop and it took over a month to recover fully. I'm sure it's happened to everyone else.

I did say I take Ancelotti's word for it so you've kinda wasted your time on those two paragraphs therexD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I did say I take Ancelotti's word for it so you've kinda wasted your time on those two paragraphs therexD

If I was replying directly to you I would have quoted you. Gonzo seemed to be heading in the direction that it was suspect and others have been more explicit on other media. I did say "if anyone actually thinks that". It's been a long week but I can just about manage to read what you post still :D.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I didn’t say that though?

Players get injured and train and play through injury all the time. I think it’s a bunch of bollocks he was feeling the adrenaline days after xD - I just don’t think he was ever as seriously injured as was claimed & it was mostly mind games for the next match.

Ancelotti’s got more class than Ferguson, Solksjaer and Mourinho though to say he might start before the match to make it more of a question for the opposing manager, rather than just lying.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf that was someone taking offense to what I fucking said for no reason

Taking offence xD.

I very clearly said "if anyone thinks that" not that either of you did. However, we both know that's where you were going with it. You stopped short of saying it outright because you know it's silly but "apparently" this and "hard to believe" that. You begrudgingly admit that Ancelotti won't have made it up but the way you said it suggests you think there's potentially two sides to the story so I took a moment to challenge that point of view. And let's put it in context. There have been Liverpool fans accusing Everton/Ancelotti of making it up to change the narrative, and it has been given legitimacy by Paul Joyce even asking Ancelotti about "point scoring" in Friday's press conference, so in my opinion it isn't an overreaction to write a sentence or two on the matter.

If I said "it's *hard to believe* that Van Dijk is *apparently* out for months when he appeared to walk off the pitch just fine but you have to take their word for it", after you'd seen morons on Twitter saying Liverpool exaggerated it to put more pressure on the FA to ban Pickford retrospectively and a journalist had asked Klopp whether it was actually true that he might be out for thet long, you'd challenge that too.

Now we're both better than wasting time bickering about this so I'll leave it at that.

On 24/10/2020 at 05:00, RandoEFC said:

Taking offence xD.

I very clearly said "if anyone thinks that" not that either of you did. However, we both know that's where you were going with it. You stopped short of saying it outright because you know it's silly but "apparently" this and "hard to believe" that. You begrudgingly admit that Ancelotti won't have made it up but the way you said it suggests you think there's potentially two sides to the story so I took a moment to challenge that point of view. And let's put it in context. There have been Liverpool fans accusing Everton/Ancelotti of making it up to change the narrative, and it has been given legitimacy by Paul Joyce even asking Ancelotti about "point scoring" in Friday's press conference, so in my opinion it isn't an overreaction to write a sentence or two on the matter.

If I said "it's *hard to believe* that Van Dijk is *apparently* out for months when he appeared to walk off the pitch just fine but you have to take their word for it", after you'd seen morons on Twitter saying Liverpool exaggerated it to put more pressure on the FA to ban Pickford retrospectively and a journalist had asked Klopp whether it was actually true that he might be out for thet long, you'd challenge that too.

Now we're both better than wasting time bickering about this so I'll leave it at that.

Paul Joyce is a blue so if he asked that then hahahahaha 

• Administrator

Why was Sigurdsson the deepest player back to try and block the Adams goal? 

Everton haven't shown as much as we know they're capable of. Expected more of a game. 

• The title was changed to Southampton 2-0 Everton - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived