• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-1 Newcastle - Sunday 25th October, 2020

football forum

• The title was changed to Wolves vs Newcastle - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both our games against Wolves away in the last 2 years have been 1-1 draws. Surprisingly as well as Wolves have done they're not what I'd call our krytonite. 

That makes this a decent test to gage where we are and where we might be heading or capable of heading.

• Subscriber

Wolves do struggle against very defensive sides. If Wolves played themselves it would probably take 6 meetings for there to be a goal and even that'd be Ruben Neves from 40 yards.

• The title was changed to Wolves 1-0 Newcastle - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • The title was changed to Wolves 1-1 Newcastle - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
On 24/10/2020 at 21:29, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Both our games against Wolves away in the last 2 years have been 1-1 draws. Surprisingly as well as Wolves have done they're not what I'd call our krytonite. 

That makes this a decent test to gage where we are and where we might be heading or capable of heading.

5 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Two words describe this Newcastle team. Naff and shithouses.

Regular! 1-1 again xD

9 hours ago, Dan said:

Newcastle's ability to nick an undeserved draw is beyond all logic.

I'd be seething if I was Wolves conceding that.

If you deduct the points we didn't deserve last season we'd have been relegated. Same again this year coming. 

Toon! Toon! Black & White Shithouse!

Still got people darn sarf thinking we're playing much better football these days :4_joy:

11 hours ago, Inverted said:

To be honest, tactically, I don't see a huge difference between Wolves and Newcastle. 

Wolves just have their Mendes connection, so they can do it with much better and more entertaining players than most 5-4-1 shithouse sides. 

Wolves always look more impressive against the bigger sides, for whatever reason. It's probably a motivational issue, tbh.

13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wolves always look more impressive against the bigger sides, for whatever reason. It's probably a motivational issue, tbh.

I think it's more that their style of play is to sit deep with a back 5 and 4 across midfield, and then hope somebody gives Jimenez, Neto, and Podence space to run into.

They're weird in that they're tactically set-up to play against more talented sides, and yet talent-wise they are pretty stacked. 

Archived