Kick-off 19.15 (GMT)

Live on Sky Sports Box Office

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png      VS     image.png

Head to Head Record
Arsenal - 67
Draws - 46
Leicester - 31

Last Meeting
23/09/2020 - Leicester 0-2 Arsenal (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture
07/07/2020 - Arsenal 1-1 Leicester

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Horrible ground for us, finally ended our run of losses there back in July. Worried we're about to start another though. Would take a point. We've got to show more going forward.

• Administrator

No recognised striker for us xD. Probably 5-4-1 with Barnes up top.

Kasper 

Castagne - Fofana - Evans - Justin - Fuchs

Mendy

Praet - Tielemans - Maddison

Barnes

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dan said:

Yeah this is a loss. That is an absolutely baffling side.

We probably said this before the Man City game to be fair...

Surprised Kelechi doesn't get a look in after the midweek performance. Harsh on him.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

We probably said this before the Man City game to be fair...

Surprised Kelechi doesn't get a look in after the midweek performance. Harsh on him.

We did so you never know but I just can't see where we get goals from, unless Barnes has a stormer.

I've got not far off every prediction of ours wrong this season though so I'll be open minded, but even despite that, I am struggling to see us hurting them. It's just amazingly negative. Fuchs in a back 3 doesn't really do it for me.

• Administrator

Arsenal are far more organised a team than Man City are this season so I think it'll be a totally different game. I think we're just protecting ourselves from Aubameyang and how Arsenal attack as a unit. It's quite defensive-minded but I'd usually take a point away at Arsenal anyway given our horrid record there.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

We did so you never know but I just can't see where we get goals from, unless Barnes has a stormer.

I've got not far off every prediction of ours wrong this season though so I'll be open minded, but even despite that, I am struggling to see us hurting them. It's just amazingly negative. Fuchs in a back 3 doesn't really do it for me.

Pretty much exactly this. Been a few occasions where we've nicked the ball and ended up turning back. Would take Arsenal making a mistake for us to score. Hopefully Vardy can get on soon.

• The title was changed to Arsenal 0-1 Leicester - Sunday 25th October, 2020
  • Administrator

Pretty sure our tactic was to just be defensive and tight as fuck until we could bring Vardy on. Clearly could only play for half an hour and as long as we kept it tight and don't concede until that moment, then that's the gameplan to go for. Might be a super-reliant way of thinking to just depend on Vardy, but it's a tactic that was effective, despite not being pretty in any way at all. 

Fofana was very good again. Tielemans kept things ticking over despite having barely anyone forward to pass to most of the game. As soon as Under and Vardy came on we had pace and Arsenal didn't really react to it. Even when Under was put through Vardy was just in ridiculous amounts of space. Not an Arsenal player within about 10 yards of him trying to keep up to defend against. Game-changer, Vardy.

For all the possession in the first half that Arsenal had they didn't really test Kasper? One quality save from Bellerin in the 2nd half but I can't think of many other saves he had to make. 

For a neutral no doubt it was boring.

But 27 years we've waited for a league win at Arsenal. Just a shame no fans could see it! I'm still in awe we've managed to achieve it. It just never happens. Conceded several last minute goals against Arsenal over the years. But finally. 3 points at Arsenal. Could only happen in 2020!

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tielemans class yet again 

He was fantastic at the end. I thought we carried him for most of that game but he's played the key pass that's won us the game.

Gameplan worked. The plan I think was keep it tight for an hour, get Vardy on and hope to nick it. I think we got fortunate with the first part, but the second we fully deserved, and honestly I can't remember Arsenal laying a finger on us all second half.

11 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

And this is why we should've gone all out for a creative midfielder in the summer. David Luiz's long balls were our only way of creating anything, then he went off injured and we did nothing for the rest of the match.

If only you had a creative midfielder at the club you could name in your Premier League squad who has the ability to find that killer pass or unlock the defence...

If only, eh... :ph34r:

• Subscriber

Most alarming thing for me about Arsenal was how confident I was we'd hang on. This is a ground we historically blow it late on at and there was just nothing from them at all.

We've not nicked a game like that in probably about two years.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

He was fantastic at the end. I thought we carried him for most of that game but he's played the key pass that's won us the game.

Gameplan worked. The plan I think was keep it tight for an hour, get Vardy on and hope to nick it. I think we got fortunate with the first part, but the second we fully deserved, and honestly I can't remember Arsenal laying a finger on us all second half.

The Bellerin chance. Kasper did well to save it. That's about it.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

The Bellerin chance. Kasper did well to save it. That's about it.

That's about it and even then that takes a very good strike. We looked good at the back. We got away with the Lacazette miss (he is no better than an average PL striker either btw) but we didn't really allow them much else. Once we had Vardy on I think we were comfortably the better team. Not to mention they should've gone down to 10.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived