talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Tipster League

football forum

• Subscriber

Greetings my fellow TF365ers.

I was thinking of doing this for a while, but never got around to it because I think it's quite hard to get something like this going on a forum where the activity really fluctuates.

The idea is stolen from Foxestalk. It's quite a simple game, but it's good.

Basically, every week starting at Monday, you get a £10 stake. You find something to bet on and you post it in here. Treat it almost like a tipping thread, put things in here that you believe to be good value and work your way up the league table. Obviously the bigger your wins, the higher you'll climb.

For the sake of not confusing things, I'll limit it to singles or doubles only.

You get one bonus stake of £25 a season. Now this can go either way, obviously should you lose, it hits you even harder in the table as you're £25 down rather than £10.

It can be on anything. Football will be the most common, but any sport, even politics, just as long as it's in that week.

There is no obligation to do a bet every week either. You can be towards the top of the table simply by not losing. The enhanced £25 stake is not an obligation either. You don't have to use it.

If people are bothered I'll start it tomorrow. Post up your selections and I'll get a weekly table posted. Who really knows their stuff?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yes Dan. Don't give up & fail like Scouse did xD 

I'm in. I'd hint at restrict it to sport to keep it on a relatively level playing field and that stuff that people know about. Obviously your thing so your choice though :)

• Subscriber

To be honest I don't see too many going up the politics route anyway. Probably best to stick to sport really.

Was annoying that he did, I was winning the league xD

Anything you think I've missed? Not sure if I've explained it well enough.

• Administrator

Stick to singles or doubles. And just make sure people are only doing it once a week and not trying to get a sneaky one in. 

Make sure people list the odds and what betting site they've got it from, too.

And perhaps have a reason why they've made that choice(s) - this can be optional.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

We are talking virtual money, right? If so I'm in. 

Yeah xD

I found it quite good on Foxestalk. Was a lot of decent tips in there. Pretty sure the forum's overall score was actually +£800 at one stage.

• Subscriber

What I'm thinking, if people are going to stick mainly to football, is that I run it from now until the end of May as kind of a warm-up season to next year. Bit of a trial run.

• Subscriber

Due to the major interest this has generated so far I decided I'll get the ball rolling.

Leeds to beat QPR at home - 4/5 on Bet365 - This is quite a simple one really, Leeds keep getting well overpriced at home.
Wigan to beat Bristol City at home - 7/5 on Bet365 - Wigan appear to have turned a bit of a corner of late and Bristol City have been in freefall for months.

£10 returns £43.20.

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

I'll take a chance on Rostov to score over 1.5 goals. Fiver returns 27.50 on bet365.

Has to be a tenner, so your returns will be £55.

Or, given the way the game has gone so far, £0. xD 

25 minutes ago, Dan said:

Has to be a tenner, so your returns will be £55.

Or, given the way the game has gone so far, £0. xD 

Oh, you only get one bet a week? I thought you got a tenner a week and could do what you wanted with it. :(

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Oh, you only get one bet a week? I thought you got a tenner a week and could do what you wanted with it. :(

Yeah it's a £10 stake to use on a single or a double. Just makes it less confusing. You get one £25 stake a season but as stated there is no obligation to use it.

Well, yours could actually come in. Can confirm I'm not offering cash outs xD I need it myself I've had them to win tonight.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

So I guess I can't use midweek winnings on weekend games either?

nope, that's why I'm saving mine til the weekend :D haha

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, ...Dan said:

So I guess I can't use midweek winnings on weekend games either?

Nah. You get one bet a week, and it's optional that you use that. The nature of this game, ie, the potential for your overall total to go up and down, means that people can drop in and out of the game whenever they like and it might not leave them in a bad position.

It was called the tipping thread on Foxestalk. We posted what we believed to be decent value and it measured who really was the best at doing this. It's quite a good game really when it gets going.

• Subscriber
Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

If I did this I'd just be pissed off a couple of months down the line that I didn't use  real money, when I realise I'd be hundreds in profit ¬¬

I may give it a go...

Exactly how I felt xD

• Administrator
10 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

If I did this I'd just be pissed off a couple of months down the line that I didn't use  real money, when I realise I'd be hundreds in profit ¬¬

I may give it a go...

put money on the bets as well then :D ?

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived