talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

David Moyes at West Ham

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Think he gets unfairly lumped in with Allardyce, Pulis etc. He’s not a long ball merchant and has done some good jobs. Manchester United job ruined his rep though.

Yeah and Sociedad, but fair play for going to Spain even if it didn’t work out

• Administrator

Let's see how the rest of the season pans out. 

West Ham have previous for going on a purple patch of form at random times then just losing all kinds of confidence and being totally shite and uninspiring for the rest of it.

• 4 months later...
On 24/10/2020 at 10:17, The Artful Dodger said:

Think he gets unfairly lumped in with Allardyce, Pulis etc. He’s not a long ball merchant and has done some good jobs. Manchester United job ruined his rep though.

The "chosen one" getting thrown under the bus by Taggert.

• The title was changed to David Moyes at West Ham
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, Stan said:

I quite like Moyes but that's really bad and to be honest, that alone would've made me not go for him as Man Utd manager.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I quite like Moyes but that's really bad and to be honest, that alone would've made me not go for him as Man Utd manager.

It was the biggest gripe we had with him while he was at Everton, took us from relegation candidates to European football but his negativity against the "big six" was astounding, especially away.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

It was the biggest gripe we had with him while he was at Everton, took us from relegation candidates to European football but his negativity against the "big six" was astounding, especially away.

And it looks like it's repeating itself this season as well. Lost at Man City, lost at Man Utd, lost at Chelsea, lost at Arsenal, drew at Tottenham (in an extraordinary comeback to be fair), lost at Liverpool. It feels almost like a mental block. I had the same thoughts about Rodgers last year in that our record away at the biggest teams, not necessarily the best, was rubbish, but in fairness he seems to have fixed it. Moyes hasn't managed to in years. Yesterday a good example of why he's failed too, played for 0-0 and only went for it when they went behind, and at 1-0 down they were easily the better side. It's just overly negative.

Archived