talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Urges Premier League to Accept New Transfer Idea

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So clubs who are limited financially and rely heavily on scouting + player development in order to compete against the financially strong clubs, are now being punished for scouting and developing players in order to compete against the financially strong clubs. 

giphy.gif

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

So clubs who are limited financially and rely heavily on scouting + player development in order to compete against the financially strong clubs, are now being punished for scouting and developing players in order to compete against the financially strong clubs. 

giphy.gif

Yep. Just the usual for football nowadays. People that scared of anybody breaking in and exposing the fact a lot of the big clubs aren't actually good teams at the minute. I mean I don't know how the FA can encourage anyone to help the England team when they literally employ Gareth Southgate as manager.

• The title was changed to FA Urges Premier League to Accept New Transfer Idea
2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Looks like they've defined it as players who rarely get to play for the clubs they join. Lower quality relative to the first team of the club they're joining.

So if I buy Blyiat moscowrumplestiltskin from Serbian second division he's high quality because he plays , but If I buy Gareth Bale hes lower quality?

Okay bad example, so if I buy Coutinho from Barca he's low quality? 

How's the FA going to estimate how much a particular player might play for the club they're on the cusp of joining? Do they count "foreign" players that are playing in England currently?

It just seems weird to me and really arbitrary as to what makes a "lower quality" player.

I'll use an example for how arbitrary it is - let's compare Jahanbakhsh (from AZ in Holland joining Brighton) with Coutinho (joined us from Inter). When Brighton signed Jahanbakhsh he was the top scorer in the Netherlands, I believe, and Brighton looked desperate for a consistent goalscorer. When we signed Coutinho he was a player that struggled to get selected by Inter Milan... when Inter really weren't very good.

On paper, you might have thought "well Jahanbakhsh is fairly expensive, but look how he performed in Holland - he will be a key player for Brighton." With Coutinho you'd have thought "okay, this price isn't so high - but I bet he barely plays for Liverpool as he struggles to play for a mediocre Inter."

Whereas their careers in England tell two different stories. Jahanbakhsh is a pretty big flop for Brighton and hardly ever gets to play. Coutinho was impressive with us from day one and eventually got more and more consistent to where he got a big money move away from us and to Barca, where he'd sort of become a meme (lol).

Would this proposed regulation have allowed the Brighton's flop to go ahead and come on into England, while preventing us from picking up a squad player from Inter and turn him into a key player for us? I just don't see how the FA can accurately predict who will be a high quality player and who will be low quality until they've actually seen the player play in England. And even then, sometimes players fail for reasons beyond being low quality.

Or are they going to rank leagues to give this some sort of structure and make it less arbitrary?

Either way, based on the information given... it seems like a stupid (and potentially bigoted) plan.

As far as I can tell the proposal does not look like it would stop someone on arrival. Rather they will earn points for playing. Essentially your visa will expire if you don't play. How long of a time frame that is I don’t know. Does it take into account injuries and loans I also don't know. It's all not that clear from articles with quotes. 

It also means sounds like no longer do South American and African players need to be internationals to be signed as they currently do. The door opens to them. 

You can sign who you want there is just no tolerance for them being shite and/or not contributing.

I wouldn't be surprised if this causes a flurry of youth signings from non-EU countries who are then loaned out.

The question is what will it do to club behaviour. Mike Ashley for sure won't take any risk of someone losing a visa.

An possible example, Newcastle United have 3 right backs, Yedlin, Krafth and Manquillo. In the future that won't be sustainable. The one Bruce determines is lower quality by not playing them ever, in this case Yedlin, will lose their work permit when it comes up for renewal. 

Archived