Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

F1 2020 - Race 13 - Emilio Romagna GP - 31st Oct - 1st Nov

Imolaaaaaaa! Nice to see this classic track back on the calendar... 

Only one practice session on Saturday, then straight into qualifying. Nice.

• Upvote 1

Watch the practices from this past week, and the quali, but couldn't watch the race. 

Once I checked the results and saw that Lewis won by over 20 seconds, I was happy to not have wasted my time. 

I love this track, but it's very narrow and difficult to overtake here so I'm not holding my breath for a wonderful race unless we get a sprinkle of rain.

Brilliant to drive on any of the games. I notice that on the track map here, it looks like they'll be using the configuration without the chicane at the end of the lap, is that definitely what they're doing? I'd say good if so, gives half a chance of some overtaking into the first chicane, I just hope they don't make DRS too powerful like Mugello and Portimao. Overtaking isn't really that entertaining without having to outbrake the guy.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I love this track, but it's very narrow and difficult to overtake here so I'm not holding my breath for a wonderful race unless we get a sprinkle of rain.

Brilliant to drive on any of the games. I notice that on the track map here, it looks like they'll be using the configuration without the chicane at the end of the lap, is that definitely what they're doing? I'd say good if so, gives half a chance of some overtaking into the first chicane, I just hope they don't make DRS too powerful like Mugello and Portimao. Overtaking isn't really that entertaining without having to outbrake the guy.

I just took the circuit of Wiki to be fair. I don't know if this is the one they'll be using. 

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is directly from the F1 site. 

image.png

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yes, that final chicane doesn't exist anymore, it's now a pure one-kilometer long straight.

Russell's coach is showing mild symptoms, is self-isolating and both him and the rest of the paddock are due their corona test tomorrow. Is there a chance we might see Hülkenberg driving a Williams this weekend? :35_thinking:

• Wow 1

25 minutes ago, nudge said:

Russell's coach is showing mild symptoms, is self-isolating and both him and the rest of the paddock are due their corona test tomorrow. Is there a chance we might see Hülkenberg driving a Williams this weekend? :35_thinking:

Imagine it happens and he gets a point, which Russell hasn't achieved so far. xD

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Imagine it happens and he gets a point, which Russell hasn't achieved so far. xD

Poor George.

• Sad 1

Only one practice session. With less data this can spice things up.

15 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Only one practice session. With less data this can spice things up.

My data shows a Hamilton win. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

My data shows a Hamilton win. 

Affirmative. 

Whoa, it's so weird to see cars back on the track in Imola. I'm surprised how much I remember from that track. I visually remember a Gerhard Berger DNF, where he ended up in the gravel pit. 

• Upvote 1

Fucks sake. Something's wrong with Pierre's car. :/ 

Bottas lock up on formation lap?

Gio makes up 6 places on lap 1.

Huge stroke of luck for Lewis.

Oh George you've got to be kidding me. You were in the points.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Albon throwing away his seat with both hands. :D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Albon throwing away his seat with both hands. :D

36onpx.thumb.jpg.8254b795a0dbda025c8500af5c0063c7.jpg

• Haha 1

Russell & Stroll.

tenor.gif

Just caught up on the highlights. All worked out perfectly in the end for Lewis didn't it?

Albon is weak. Like a sitting duck for other drivers to target each race. 

Delighted for Ricciardo getting a podium. Poor Max though as he put so much pressure on Bottas, got by him then just seemed very unfortunate to perhaps hit some debris and get a puncture/spin off.

Looked like a more eventful race than many processions of races we've had this season though!

Also, Ricciardo surely got driver of the day?

Or Giovonazzi/Raikkonen for getting in the points? Raikkonen's pit timing was so unfortunate given the SC came out shortly after. Wonder where he would have finished otherwise...

Albon might be out of F1 completely which is unlucky because we've seen with Gasly how well you can do if you're given a second chance after being promoted to the senior Red Bull team too soon. Gasly is already one of the Alpha Tauri drivers for next season and Tsunoda seems like a likely team-mate for him. Kvyat needs to go now as he's definitely had his time.

I'm still fuming at Russell. What a ridiculous mistake after being next to perfect for almost two full seasons. 

Stroll has been unlucky in some recent races but I saw the stats that Perez has scored 40+ points for Racing Point in the last 5 races, Hulkenberg had a points finish in his only race with no practice sessions and Stroll hasn't scored a point. It's one thing performing reasonably well (it wasn't better than that) when there's a point to prove that you're not in F1 just because of Daddy's money but we're seeing now why people say it. Too many mistakes and qualifying off-days from Stroll since his good start to the year. He'd have been gone at the end of this year if not before if his Dad didn't own the team.