• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Group G - Matchday 2 - Wednesday 28th October, 2020

Recommended Posts

Ferencvaros vs Dynamo Kiev, 20.00

Juventus vs Barcelona, 20.00

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fast start from Barca! Szczesny already had to make a save, Bonucci a block from Messi and Griezmann has hit the post. All within 2 mins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barca score a very fluky goal! Dembele cuts on to his right and his deflected shot loops over Szczesny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Carlos de Pena scores Dynamo Kyiv's 2nd goal with a close range tap in after a good run and cross by Buyalskyi.

Ferencvaros 0-2 Dynamo Kyiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And now I think Juve have an actual goal and Morata has been persistent today. On second viewing hes a bit offside I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morata with a hat-trick of disallowed goals due to being offside. Wasn't it a 'thing' at Chelsea that he was constantly offside? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Id be surprised if Juventus get anything more here. Think Barcelona get another goal with them being a man light even if theres only 5 minutes left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Id be surprised if Juventus get anything more here. Think Barcelona get another goal with them being a man light even if theres only 5 minutes left.

If it wasn't for Dembélé fucking up so many moves in the final third, then there could have been more goals. 

I wouldn't be too hard on Dembélé though yet as he needs a run of games now, he's clearly still lacking match fitness and had only just started getting minutes.

The positive again was Pedri. He looked out of his depth against Real but in every other game, he looks a gem. Such an elegant player for a 17 year old. 

 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

If it wasn't for Dembélé fucking up so many moves in the final third, then there could have been more goals. 

I wouldn't be too hard on Dembélé though yet as he needs a run of games now, he's clearly still lacking match fitness and had only just started getting minutes.

The positive again was Pedri. He looked out of his depth against Real but in every other game, he looks a gem. Such an elegant player for a 17 year old. 

 

 

 

 

I like the look of Pedri, very easy on the eye and moves the ball well. He didn't seem phased one bit last night and if he keeps playing the way he is then Barcelona have a real gem on their hands.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

If it wasn't for Dembélé fucking up so many moves in the final third, then there could have been more goals. 

I wouldn't be too hard on Dembélé though yet as he needs a run of games now, he's clearly still lacking match fitness and had only just started getting minutes.

The positive again was Pedri. He looked out of his depth against Real but in every other game, he looks a gem. Such an elegant player for a 17 year old. 

 

 

 

 

Dembele is one of those players who is excellent when he is fully fit, the problem is that he is rarely fully fit. :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I like the look of Pedri, very easy on the eye and moves the ball well. He didn't seem phased one bit last night and if he keeps playing the way he is then Barcelona have a real gem on their hands.

With Fati, Pedri, Dest and Araújo, the signs are there for a future backbone. Not to mention de Jong, who is still young himself.

Trincao also looks a talent, but I'm not as sure about him as the others above, especially Fati, Pedri and Dest.

It's a shame Riqui Puig has no place, Who is another talent but I don't see him fitting into the current formation, unless he evolved but it's difficult. A loan would do him good.

4 hours ago, Michael said:

Dembele is one of those players who is excellent when he is fully fit, the problem is that he is rarely fully fit. :S

It's frustrating as he could make a massive difference to this team, although a number 9 is also lacking. A number 9 and fully fit Dembélé, and that is an interesting team. 

A number 9, a top defender in his mid 20s, then Eric García and Cucurella for competition and to take over other players in the near future would be interesting.

If it means "suffering" for a few years while the team develops, so be it I say. Then again, a striker and fully fit Dembélé, with Messi as an attacking midfielder is a team that could still compete in the here and now as well I'd say. The champions League would be too much but not La Liga and the Cops del rey. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement