talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Upcoming TV Shows

football forum

• Subscriber
On 28/10/2020 at 01:52, nudge said:

Netflix is making a live-action Assassin’s Creed series.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/27/21536079/netflix-assassins-creed-live-action-series

Its always puzzled me why more modern story-driven games dont translate very well to TV. Theres a whole trove of stuff thats been built and written to turn to a show or a movie and yet directors get pulled onto projects who eventually fuck things up. The Witcher has shown the way so hopefully the RE take they are taking deserts the rubbish we have been subjected to over there and does some good as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 28/10/2020 at 12:32, CaaC (John) said:

@nudge put me onto this one, a documentary called Challenger: The Final Flight - Episodes 1 to 4 on Netflix so if there are any space/astronomy nutters out there then watch it, into episode one at the moment - Space for Everyone  :ay:

That's the 4 episodes seen and all I can say is it made me sad and fucking mad that this should have never happened, we have heard the saying 'swept under the carpet' on controversial incidents, well, this is one of them, heads should have rolled after this tragedy.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
6 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Looking forward to this. The games are some of my favourite ever games. The film was a bit mehh.

I never really played the games myself and didn't watch the film, but my ex was a big fan back when it first came out (so I spent quite some time watching him play xD), and I also quite enjoyed the book series in the same universe! Think the story is very interesting and can translate well into a TV series...

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

I never really played the games myself and didn't watch the film, but my ex was a big fan back when it first came out (so I spent quite some time watching him play xD), and I also quite enjoyed the book series in the same universe! Think the story is very interesting and can translate well into a TV series...

The first 4 games were on another level. I bought the re masters of them the Ezio trilogy and started them again after so many years. Such enjoyable games to play. I wish my ex would have watched me whilst playing instead of saying “come on you’ve been on that long enough now”  xD 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 14/12/2020 at 01:05, nudge said:

I feel like theres very little you need to do with a Xenomorph based series as the creature itself just adds a level of scariness by its mere presence. I also wonder how Ridley feels after what I consider some batshit crazy awesomeness in Raised by Wolves. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Fuck Xenomorphs. Been done over, and over, and over again.  Why has he completely abandoned the Engineers story arc?

I think Covenant ended it all when David went to the homeworld and just wiped them all out. I do agree with the Xenomorph being done over and over again. We had Aliens with a mass colony and then it just spiraled downwards from there in the series with 20th Century trying to revive the series with an Alien5 which is currently in the writing phase I believe. Having said all that its one of the most iconic monsters in cinema and I think a show done without a mass horde of them might actually lend itself to some good TV if it can be paced right. Have you seen Raised by Wolves? If not I'd highly recommend it to see where Ridley's head is currently. I know I am not alone on this forum when I am eagerly waiting to see what Season 2 brings. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Doubtful.... He does not do well with his characters does he... xD

That's an understatement... I hear nowadays he rejects roles that die on screen though xD 

In all seriousness, I think Jennifer Connelly carried the show in Season 1. Without her, it would be much, much worse. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

That's an understatement... I hear nowadays he rejects roles that die on screen though xD 

In all seriousness, I think Jennifer Connelly carried the show in Season 1. Without her, it would be much, much worse. 

I think there are a good mix of characters in there overall but some do punch a bit harder than others it's true.. She will survive for sure

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

I think there are a good mix of characters in there overall but some do punch a bit harder than others it's true.. She will survive for sure

For me it's a bit hit and miss... Jennifer Connelly's Melanie is great, and so is the actress who plays Ruth - now don't get me wrong, I fucking hate her character, but it is very interesting, the same could be said about A.J. too (both almost on par with Lost in Space's Dr. Smith in terms of being annoying xD ). However, Andre Layton is a poor cast in my opinion, and his character doesn't do anything for me; wouldn't be a big deal, but he's kinda the most important character... 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

For me it's a bit hit and miss... Jennifer Connelly's Melanie is great, and so is the actress who plays Ruth - now don't get me wrong, I fucking hate her character, but it is very interesting, the same could be said about A.J. too (both almost on par with Lost in Space's Dr. Smith in terms of being annoying xD ). However, Andre Layton is a poor cast in my opinion, and his character doesn't do anything for me; wouldn't be a big deal, but he's kinda the most important character... 

Why does it seem that all the evil/hated characters are women?? xD I mean fair play, they really do the characters some justice when you hope something horrible happens to them or they get some just desserts at some point... 

I don't know, where do they draw that inspiration for being manipulative and scheming from... :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...