talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Upcoming TV Shows

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
On 17/12/2021 at 21:44, nudge said:

Visually, it looks incredible. Hopefully the story will be good, too.

Don't see anything to state its going to be bad but I don't see anything showing its going to be good either. I think if they wanted more human interaction with sci-fi and drama they should have spent the money and done a Gears of War TV show or Metro. 

Edited by Mel81x

An 'Alien' series is currently on the go... 

If there’s one thing you can count on in the Alien extended universe, it’s this everlasting truth: the Xenomorph always comes back. You can blast it out of an airlock or light it up with a flamethrower, but try as you might, you can’t keep a good alien down. So if you thought 2017’s Alien: Covenant was the last we’d see of the being, we have some good, if inevitable, news. Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley is developing an Alien television series, meaning that the Xenomorph will be back to inspire fright and disgust once again—this time in weekly instalments.

The show is still in early development, but in a new interview with US Esquire, Hawley teases an interpretation that blends the franchise’s classic creature feature structure with a modern parable about corporate greed.

Noah Hawley's 'Alien' Series Will Wrestle With Immortality (msn.com)

Area 51 Yes GIF by Nerdist.com

• Upvote 1

Yeah don't think I'll be interested. Alien Covenant rubbed me off the wrong way. 

They had a brilliant thing going with Prometheus but Ridley Scott  couldn't fucking help himself and made another Xenomorph film for the umpteenth time rather than expanding on the Engineer universe. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This looks huge with Julia Robert and Sean Penn in the starring roles. I thought it was a movie at first. 

Gaslit

A modern take on the 1970s political Watergate scandal centering on untold stories and forgotten characters of the time.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This looks huge with Julia Robert and Sean Penn in the starring roles. I thought it was a movie at first. 

Gaslit

A modern take on the 1970s political Watergate scandal centering on untold stories and forgotten characters of the time.

Didn't even recognize Sean Penn :o

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Didn't even recognize Sean Penn :o

Yea, that's some make up job. I recognized his voice right away though. Helps that I re-watched his dialogues and monologues in The Thin Red Line several hundred times. xD

• Haha 1

Louis Hofmann who played Jonas in Dark has been cast for a Netflix limited series based on Anthony Doerr's novel "All the light we cannot see", alongside Mark Ruffalo and Hugh Laurie. 

That's big. Really happy for him. He was great in Dark.

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 04/04/2022 at 17:33, MUFC said:

How creepy is this? Would anyone actually have the stomach to watch it?

I tried to watch this documentary last night but to be honest it's really fucking boring. I also don't find him a very likeable person from the old footage of before he was exposed so I don't get why he was such a national treasure. I understand the philanthropy and stuff but he just seems like a weird guy in a way that would already have made me uncomfortable if I didn't know what was going on behind the scenes. The amount of footage there is of him hanging out with the royals as well is sadly very much a red flag for me. There is a lot of rotten goings on beneath the surface of the British establishment and upper classes that Savile attached himself to, and you don't even have to dig too far to find it.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a reboot for the original series.. looking at the trailer they have tried to go for the old style feel it used to have but not convinced by the Captain who seems to be in there for light entertainment purposes and that might wear a bit thin after 3 episodes.. We shall see

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Looks like a reboot for the original series.. looking at the trailer they have tried to go for the old style feel it used to have but not convinced by the Captain who seems to be in there for light entertainment purposes and that might wear a bit thin after 3 episodes.. We shall see

Look's ok, I will have to remember and keep an eye out for that come May.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Apparently it's a prequel to the original series, and the Captain is supposed to be Christopher Pike, the predecessor of Captain Kirk. 

I'll probably try to watch it and quit after a few episodes, just like with every other Star Trek show I tried watching :ph34r:

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably not enough quality acting in the new one for you... :ph34r:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47cm4o28l5lk24xg2od0

Star Trek Tantrum GIF

Mad Star Trek GIF

Yeah, cringy acting was one of the reasons I couldn't get passed the original series xD Definitely hasn't aged well.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yeah, cringy acting was one of the reasons I couldn't get passed the original series xD Definitely hasn't aged well.

Don't know how you can say that... Spock's death scene actually brought a tear to my eye.. 

star trek spock GIF