talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Games that should be TV shows

football forum

• Subscriber

With Netflix doing Assassin's Creed (or trying to now) and them already having a good run with The Witcher. What other games should be TV shows (not animes). Here's some off the top of my head

• Darksiders
  • God of War - Kratos on the big screen would be nice but I think they'd have to stray a bit from the gaming canon
  • Max Payne - I think this is very doable like they did with the Punisher
  • Mass Effect
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Metal Gear
  • Maybe a Souls variant like Bloodborne
  • Ninja Gaiden - I'd even go so far to say this should be an East Asian production to showcase some flair

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

KOTOR (both of them) - the storyline is much better than the sequels and the prequels; if done right, it would be a perfect fit for TV - plenty of time to develop characters and explore the planets along the main storyline. Imagine a character like Kreia having plenty of screen time to contemplate the nature of the Force, the Jedi and the Sith in such a depth that was never done in the movies? Groundbreaking. Frankly, any TV series set in the Old Republic would be amazing.

Life is Strange - the game already feels like a movie, and it has episodical nature, so would probably work well as a TV show. With the topics like time travel, wormholes, and similar stuff it would likely be highly popular as well.

Mafia - because the setting and the storyline was great, and we need more old school mafia shows on TV. Probably would work better as a movie though.

Red Dead Redemption - same reasoning as above.

Jade Empire - that could be an absolutely cheesy series in an East Asian setting, and I'd absolutely love it. A martial arts/fantasy mix up. So sort of like Wuxia.

Leisure Suit Larry - :D 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'd say Elder Scrolls but we have Game of Thrones. 

Always felt Call of Duty Black Ops story line should of been made into a mini series given how good it was. 

I think a COD:BO TV show might actually be quite good. They've got enough to run with one and even create scenarios like Homeland but more on the military side of things.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I think a COD:BO TV show might actually be quite good. They've got enough to run with one and even create scenarios like Homeland but more on the military side of things.

The whole Mason being mind controlled concept I felt was brilliant. The ending scene of the story line had me lose my shit. 

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fall Guys - It would be like Takeshi's Castle as a TV game show. :ph34r:

I saw this earlier today and when you said that all I could think of was these guys jumping around and falling over each other.

Teletubbies | Know Your Meme

3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fall Guys - It would be like Takeshi's Castle as a TV game show. :ph34r:

Isn't Fall Guys based off an event from a Japanese gameshow?

I'm going to go with Fallout. I think that could lead to a pretty interesting setting for loads of different possible storylines.

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Isn't Fall Guys based off an event from a Japanese gameshow?

It does indeed come from Takeshi's Castle and Total Wipeout. Those shows set the standard for mayhem with players who just smiled the whole way through. Good times.

I'd also love a Wolfenstein show personally and I think it could actually work because you've got techno-crazy nazis, a guy with an insatiable hunger to just blow them up and they're always plotting and scheming. 

Archived