• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Liverpool 2-1 West Ham - Saturday 31st October, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

155.png      VS      1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Liverpool - 74
Draws - 38
West Ham - 28

Last Meeting
24/02/2020 - Liverpool 3-2 West Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking forward to this one, not with our decimated centre half situation. Hopefully Thiago is back, and maybe even Matip? Which I know is a long shot. To come back from injury, play one game, and end up injured again is just ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the latest on Antonio for them? Whoever is at CB for us is in for a tough afternoon if he's fit, proper handful. You'd rather not have to throw Williams or Phillips in up against him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

What's the latest on Antonio for them? Whoever is at CB for us is in for a tough afternoon if he's fit, proper handful. You'd rather not have to throw Williams or Phillips in up against him

Think hes still suffering from that muscle injury but you cant tell because there is no news about him right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Not looking forward to this one, not with our decimated centre half situation. Hopefully Thiago is back, and maybe even Matip? Which I know is a long shot. To come back from injury, play one game, and end up injured again is just ridiculous. 

Its not ridiculous at all, In fact its extremely common for a player to come back from a long term injury and pick up another niggling injury in their first game back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Its not ridiculous at all, In fact its extremely common for a player to come back from a long term injury and pick up another niggling injury in their first game back.

Mate, this isn’t a one time thing with him. He’s made of glass just like Lallana is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rick said:

Mate, this isn’t a one time thing with him. He’s made of glass just like Lallana is. 

I didn't say it was a one time thing mate, was just saying its not ridiculous for a player to pick up a niggling injury after a long term lay off. It happens all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon this is a real banana skin for Liverpool. West Ham have started very well when you look at the fixtures they've had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With no Michail Antonio I'm changing my mind. Some players I feel like are the glue holding a system together and he's West Ham's. Home win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dan said:

With no Michail Antonio I'm changing my mind. Some players I feel like are the glue holding a system together and he's West Ham's. Home win.

Is he confirmed out? That's big news for Gomez + whichever kid starts. But hopefully Matip can play instead of a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is he confirmed out? That's big news for Gomez + whichever kid starts. But hopefully Matip can play instead of a kid.

Yeah Moyes confirmed it yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah Moyes confirmed it yesterday.

Did he name the Manchester City player responsible? I hear that's the done thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Did he name the Manchester City player responsible? I hear that's the done thing

Did his team mates and countrymen wear commemorative shirts as though he has cancer or is dead? Isn't that the done thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is he confirmed out? That's big news for Gomez + whichever kid starts. But hopefully Matip can play instead of a kid.

Klopp has confirmed Matip is out and may even miss the City game.

Its either a kid or Hendo at CB apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has confirmed Matip is out and may even miss the City game.

Its either a kid or Hendo at CB apparently.

Milner would do a good job!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp has confirmed Matip is out and may even miss the City game.

Its either a kid or Hendo at CB apparently.

Hendo? Weird, I would have assumed Gini would play there first (because he's played a match there in the past for us). Did he say anything about Thiago? If we don't have Thiago... I'd almost prefer to play a kid and go with our strongest possible XI, but with a kid instead of Virgil/Fabinho. Gives a kid some decent first team experience and keeps our midfield as strong as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hendo? Weird, I would have assumed Gini would play there first (because he's played a match there in the past for us). Did he say anything about Thiago? If we don't have Thiago... I'd almost prefer to play a kid and go with our strongest possible XI, but with a kid instead of Virgil/Fabinho. Gives a kid some decent first team experience and keeps our midfield as strong as possible.

Same!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Milner would do a good job!

Milner's been such a versatile squad player, I wouldn't be surprised if he's our 4th choice keeper as well xD

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Milner would do a good job!

Too short id imagine. Klopp likes tall CB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hendo? Weird, I would have assumed Gini would play there first (because he's played a match there in the past for us). Did he say anything about Thiago? If we don't have Thiago... I'd almost prefer to play a kid and go with our strongest possible XI, but with a kid instead of Virgil/Fabinho. Gives a kid some decent first team experience and keeps our midfield as strong as possible.

Henderson played there in the club world cup last year too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Hendo? Weird, I would have assumed Gini would play there first (because he's played a match there in the past for us). Did he say anything about Thiago? If we don't have Thiago... I'd almost prefer to play a kid and go with our strongest possible XI, but with a kid instead of Virgil/Fabinho. Gives a kid some decent first team experience and keeps our midfield as strong as possible.

He did talk about Thiago and Naby in the press-con and said both were on a good way but neither was ready to play yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

He did talk about Thiago and Naby in the press-con and said both were on a good way but neither was ready to play yet. 

Aw that’s a bit shit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Aw that’s a bit shit

I dont think we're getting Thiago back for atleast two games with the way things were mentioned yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I dont think we're getting Thiago back for atleast two games with the way things were mentioned yesterday.

Official website said Thiago and Keita have late tests I think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Official website said Thiago and Keita have late tests I think?

Didn't check but from the way Klopp was talking yesterday it seemed like he wasnt optimistic about either of them being back. He said something on the lines of with Naby its a (pause) injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Didn't check but from the way Klopp was talking yesterday it seemed like he wasnt optimistic about either of them being back. He said something on the lines of with Naby its a (pause) injury.

Defo something more with the Keita thing after he was hooked at half time v Villa

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Defo something more with the Keita thing after he was hooked at half time v Villa

Yeah, something doesn't seem right at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s to Nat Phillips having the game of his life thus far 🤞 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement