The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 West Ham - Saturday 31st October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Anyone else not even celebrate that expecting it to be disallowed somehow?

In a nutshell why VAR has to go. It could get 100% of decisions right and it absolutely isn't worth it for this reason alone. The minute you start tampering with the highs of the game there's barely a game anymore, as far as I'm concerned.

There is a certain ruthless mentality to this Liverpool side that reminds me of Ferguson's Manchester United, you just know they'll turn it round. Often not at their best but still do it. I think they may find it more difficult against Manchester City and this year will be a mad one, but definitely something rock solid there in terms of attitude which will bring them there or there abouts. 

Said it the other week but Jota is such a great signing.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

There is a certain ruthless mentality to this Liverpool side that reminds me of Ferguson's Manchester United, you just know they'll turn it round. Often not at their best but still do it. I think they may find it more difficult against Manchester City and this year will be a mad one, but definitely something rock solid there in terms of attitude which will bring them there or there abouts. 

Said it the other week but Jota is such a great signing.

I think they'll win the league at a canter despite dropping significantly more points than last season. City have been really unimpressive and just seem off key at the moment. I couldn't even predict with great confidence that they'll make it up to 2nd place let alone challenge Liverpool.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That pass from Shaqiri is incredible, he need to be playing regularly somewhere it’s a waste.

Brilliant player. Not sure he's good enough to be starting for a side just below Liverpool though

Nice 3 points but the game as a spectacle has died. I dont even celebrate goals anymore.

My Mrs has even noticed and she hates football. She said earlier "are you going off football? You usually jump around and scare the shit out of everyone when Liverpool score?"

I said "no luv, I'll always love football but now we have to wait until VAR can't find a way to rule a goal out"

"Whats the point then" she said.

She was exactly right! What is the actual point of the game when all the fun has been sucked out of it? 

Honestly, I said when it was introduced that VAR would be the death of football... and here we are. 

Pffft Next in the league is City and im not even arsed what the score is. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived