Last Meeting
21/01/2020 - Everton 2-2 Newcastle

Last Fixture
28/12/2019 - Newcastle 1-2 Everton

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Coleman and James out along with Digne and Richarlison.

Pickford

Kenny - Keane - Mina - Nkounkou

Doucoure - Allan - Sigurdsson

Gordon - Calvert-Lewin - Iwobi

Big drop off in quality. If we can get 3 points it'll be massive with the four key players soon to return.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow fuck Ancelotti! If he’d dropped Pickford a few weeks ago, Virgil would still be able to walk right now.

More that after a two week long media witch hunt and death threats from your fans that have forced him to hire full time security to guard his home and young family, all because of one clumsy mistake, he's been given a week out of the spotlight.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

More that after a two week long media witch hunt and death threats from your fans that have forced him to hire full time security to guard his home and young family, all because of one clumsy mistake, he's been given a week out of the spotlight.

Imagine if he’d bit someone or racially abused them. He’d have at least been safe then :ph34r:

• Subscriber

He's not been dropped. Ancelotti says he's been 'rested' and he'll be back for Man Utd. Him being dropped wouldn't make sense after he was kept in the side following the derby and had a decent game against Southampton.

We've put such a weird side out today, five centre mids and no wingers. Lots of free roles going on I imagine. 

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah not like he’s been totally fucking shite for a year xD it’s just the big bad Liverpool fans.

• Subscriber

The denial is astounding.

At least you waited for the day of our actual game this week to swarm in here and start talking about Pickford again.

Tell yourselves what you want, but our manager has literally said he'll be back next week. He didn't play badly in the last game so dropping him now makes no sense. Anyone honest and objective would be able to admit what this is about.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

He's not been dropped. Ancelotti says he's been 'rested' and he'll be back for Man Utd. Him being dropped wouldn't make sense after he was kept in the side following the derby and had a decent game against Southampton.

We've put such a weird side out today, five centre mids and no wingers. Lots of free roles going on I imagine. 

if Ancelotti thought he was the best player to start today he’d be playing. It’s not like you’re in Europe or this a gimme game.  Now you could argue that’s because Ancelotti thinks Pickford is mentally weak rather than for his goalkeeping ability but he’s still been taken out of the side. I hope for Evertonians sake that Olson impresses and Ancelotti has to reconsider next week.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

if Ancelotti thought he was the best player to start today he’d be playing. It’s not like you’re in Europe or this a gimme game.  Now you could argue that’s because Ancelotti thinks Pickford is mentally weak rather than for his goalkeeping ability but he’s still been taken out of the side. I hope for Evertonians sake that Olson impresses and Ancelotti has to reconsider next week.

Haven't heard good things about Olsen. He was about our 7th choice for bringing in some competition for Pickford. I'm not disputing the choice being based on our best chance to win the game but if it was based purely on form it would have been done before today. Pickford was still first choice last weekend, he played fine, nothing else has changed this week except for the stories of him having to hire full time security to protect his young family in response to death threats and rock hard Kopites saying they're going to break his legs when they see him round town. Possibly the fact that it's Newcastle away which has been a hot button fixture for him in the past is a factor too.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So I can’t post in your threads because I’m a Liverpool fan?

I didn't say you can't but you can't help yourself jumping at the opportunity to bring up the Van Dijk incident yet again. It's been over two weeks. If you're going to leap at the opportunity so shamelessly then you can expect to get called out on it. You'd be at the front of the queue to call me obsessed or whatever if the boot was on the other foot.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah well I am fucking obsessed, you’re our rival and that cunt isn’t going to be fucking easily forgiven for what he did.

Do I have to spell it out for you?

E V E R T O N A R E C U N T S

Yeah let's just laugh death threats off as "big, bad Liverpool fans" because it's Pickford and he accidentally injured one of your players, and justify it with "well we're rivals".

This match is going to be piss poor. I don't understand the decision behind the lack of any width and pace. 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah let's just laugh death threats off as "big, bad Liverpool fans" because it's Pickford and he accidentally injured one of your players, and justify it with "well we're rivals".

This match is going to be piss poor. I don't understand the decision behind the lack of any width and pace. 

You act like I’m condoning death threats... I probably shouldn’t even bother to respond to that, but that’s pretty fucking low mate. Wouldn’t expect that from you.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You act like I’m condoning death threats... I probably shouldn’t even bother to respond to that, but that’s pretty fucking low mate. Wouldn’t expect that from you.

You literally referred to the death threats as big bad Liverpool fans with a laughing emoji. I know you don't condone the death threats but we do appear to be debating whether Pickford getting dropped for this game partially as a result of them is a reasonable possibility. The lad has had to hire a security firm to protect his family. It's time to stop pretending that Van Dijk is still the only victim of this whole episode. In fact, it's become an entirely different thing now, and yes it's always a minority of cunts who do stuff like sending death threats but because the media keep going on about it and asking your players for comments on it, it emboldens these cunts to do it more. Now even reasonable Liverpool fans like yourself laugh the whole thing off as "big bad Liverpool fans xD". I'd expect better from you too to be honest mate. People are commenting on Pickford's wife's Instagram picture of her with their baby with shit and skull and cross bone emojis. These are human beings we're talking about.

I'd understand the lack of sympathy if Pickford had been a massive cunt about it or done it on purpose but your own captain said straight after the game he had apologised and everyone can see it was clumsy not malicious.

It's hard to decide whether Gomes, Sigurdsson or Delph has pissed me off the most this half. They've got that "old Everton" body language about them where they know we don't necessarily look at this game as a nailed on expected win so they don't take any risks.

• Subscriber

I think penalties like that are soft and Wilson made a massive meal of it and it's more of a collision than a foul but that was shite and lazy from Gomes, on the back foot instead of being proactive which is symptomatic of his entire performance. Get him off, preferably Delph too and get Bernard and Gordon on. 

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You literally referred to the death threats as big bad Liverpool fans with a laughing emoji. I know you don't condone the death threats but we do appear to be debating whether Pickford getting dropped for this game partially as a result of them is a reasonable possibility. The lad has had to hire a security firm to protect his family. It's time to stop pretending that Van Dijk is still the only victim of this whole episode. In fact, it's become an entirely different thing now, and yes it's always a minority of cunts who do stuff like sending death threats but because the media keep going on about it and asking your players for comments on it, it emboldens these cunts to do it more. Now even reasonable Liverpool fans like yourself laugh the whole thing off as "big bad Liverpool fans xD". I'd expect better from you too to be honest mate. People are commenting on Pickford's wife's Instagram picture of her with their baby with shit and skull and cross bone emojis. These are human beings we're talking about.

I'd understand the lack of sympathy if Pickford had been a massive cunt about it or done it on purpose but your own captain said straight after the game he had apologised and everyone can see it was clumsy not malicious.

It's hard to decide whether Gomes, Sigurdsson or Delph has pissed me off the most this half. They've got that "old Everton" body language about them where they know we don't necessarily look at this game as a nailed on expected win so they don't take any risks.

Because I don’t think that’s why he’s been dropped at all. And Tim Howard (who’s a pundit for the US prem coverage) also doesn’t think that’s why he’s been dropped - and he thinks ultimately sooner or later, maybe as soon as next week, Pickford will be Everton’s #2.

I do think death threats are way over the top and nobody should be making them to him, and especially not to his family. And not that it makes it any better, but it’s not even the first time he’s dealt with death threats (I think he got some last year as well) - but it’s obviously going to be coming at him at a much higher rate.

But I also believe if he was truly THAT psychologically effected, he probably wouldn’t even be on the bench. Because he wouldn’t be reliable even in case of emergency. Yeah it’s unpleasant as fuck and he’s probably felt the need to hire security because people are absolutely mental.

But I think for a few months now there will be a question of who’s the starting keeper at Everton. And tbh after the season Pickford had last season, it’s not that surprising.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived