• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 2-1 Everton - Sunday 1st November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Carlo has got this horribly wrong today. Setting up with Gomes and Sigurdsson as the two supporting attackers to Calvert-Lewin was always going to be painfully easy to defend against. I have no idea what attacking patterns they were training during the week.

Bernard, Gordon, Iwobi. Start any two of those instead. I also disagree with leaving Delph on instead of Nkounkou, we need attacking threat more than we need a safe pair of hands, we're behind.

• Subscriber

Really silly loss for us. A draw would have been palatable with the missing players. We've come here with a lineup that said we were playing for a tight game though when we should have got at them. Iwobi is a frustrating player and he did poorly last week but he created more in his cameo than our starting midfield managed in 90 minutes. I've had enough of Delph. At least Davies looks arsed and tries to be positive instead of just jogging around passing it sideways. Gomes was awful today as well, non-existent. Why are we playing him in an unfamiliar role when his form has been average anyway at the expense of any width and creativity in their half. Their second goal is a clear exhibit of why we miss Holgate as well. Mina and Keane as a partnership are too slow. Can't be long before Godfrey is considered alongside Keane for Keane extra pace seeing as we were told that he was signed for his pace and ability on the ball.

Digne is back for the next game, Richarlison isn't, hopefully Rodriguez and Coleman are fit. Olsen did well today but if Carlo sticks to what he said in putting Pickford back in next weekend, I don't really agree with him making that swap today because it just adds to the speculation and gives the media another excuse to talk about him all week.

• The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Newcastle look way less shit than @Steve Bruce Almighty had me believing they were

We aren't shit we are shithouses :D

We've got the players we just need the right setup and approach. Fortunately Bruce is a level above Ancelotti. He even wumed him by trying to throw the game with those sub decisions just to prove to Ancelotti how far behind us his Everton B team are.

:ph34r:

Archived