The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal - Sunday 1st November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tbf to Lacazette, Lindeloff did nick the ball away from him very well.  Arsenal playing well though but need to capitalise on it, otherwise game could drift away from them. 

47 minutes ago, Stan said:

That particular moment was Lindelof just getting a touch on it. He couldn't have done anything else.

However, he is a very poor striker these days and no doubt Arsenal, rightly, expected more from him when he signed 

Just as a general rule. He's just a nothing player.

• Administrator

You can tell your luck's in when a cross is deflected on to your keeper's face and then on to the post xD

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Erm, there’s been 5 penalties in the past 7 games at OT for away sides xD

Oh come on, it's a well-known football 'thing' that it's notoriously hard for clubs to get penalties at Old Trafford. This season is part of 2020 so given how weird this year is, it obviously doesn't count...

• The title was changed to Man Utd 0-1 Arsenal - Sunday 1st November, 2020
  • Subscriber

I can't believe people still fall for it whilst Solskjaer is in charge and they still have so many average players. Seen before the game my Twitter timeline full of "fancy Man Utd to stuff these" and I didn't get it.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Can’t believe they hooked Fernández over Pogba. Soskjaer is an imbecile I’m afraid.

All garden gnomes are imbeciles I am afraid, they just sit there smiling in the rain and don't move.

Everton next and more than likely a thumping or see out a 0-0 draw and Woody blowing kisses at the gnome and leaves him sitting in the garden (stands) smiling like an imbecile.

Too many players hide behind eachother in this current United team which probably goes with the fact they aren't leaders or mentally strong enough.

In years gone past, 60, 70, 80mins to go and United not winning, you just knew fucking Cantona, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy, Keane...one of those cunts was going to step up and take responsibility, and invariably they bloody did.

But you don't have enough of those players there now who shoulder that burden. They all seem to disappear behind one another.

I wouldn't go all in on Pogba either because a lot of them share a likeness in that respect.

You have to have a certain mental strength to play for high demanding clubs and I don't think a lot of players these days have the winning mentality in them to win at all costs.

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I like him. I think he fits in perfectly and hope he stays for the rest of his career.

Pogba reminds me of Mario Balotelli with his bloody haircuts and colour but although Balotelli was a bit of a nutter he could play a bit, Pogba is just a useless bag of shit and needs moving on in a wheelbarrow with the little gnome and Woody pushing the barrow and they disappear into the wild blue yonder,

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Too many players hide behind eachother in this current United team which probably goes with the fact they aren't leaders or mentally strong enough.

In years gone past, 60, 70, 80mins to go and United not winning, you just knew fucking Cantona, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Cole, Yorke, Solskjaer, Van Nistelrooy, Keane...one of those cunts was going to step up and take responsibility, and invariably they bloody did.

But you don't have enough of those players there now who shoulder that burden. I wouldn't go all in on Pogba because a lot of them share a likeness in mental strength. 

Great post except for that last sentence. At £90million, he’s shouldn’t be excused at all. He’s fucking shite. It’s not the team, nor the tactics nor the position. He’s just wank, wank, wank. Single handedly cost United more games than he has won them.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

But you don't have enough of those players there now who shoulder that burden. They all seem to disappear behind one another.

I wouldn't go all in on Pogba either because a lot of them share a likeness in that respect.

You have to have a certain mental strength to play for high demanding clubs and I don't think a lot of players these days have the winning mentality in them to win at all costs.

There's a lot of case to say Pogba's misused or whatever but he's had long enough, he's not been good enough. He's just had far too many off days. It would suit all parties for him to go.

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Pogba reminds me of Mario Balotelli with his bloody haircuts and colour but although Balotelli was a bit of a nutter he could play a bit, Pogba is just a useless bag of shit and needs moving on in a wheelbarrow with the little gnome and Woody pushing the barrow and they disappear into the wild blue yonder,

Balotelli is unquestionably one of the worst players to have ever played for Liverpool in my life. He may have shown quality at City (and other clubs maybe), but he absolutely showed less than Pogba ever did at United.

But yeah, I think Pogba’s pretty shit and United should just cut their losses.

I also agree with @Lucas, there doesn’t look to be any leadership at United on the pitch. I also just don’t think Solksjaer is a very good manager either.

33 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Great post except for that last sentence. At £90million, he’s shouldn’t be excused at all. He’s fucking shite. It’s not the team, nor the tactics nor the position. He’s just wank, wank, wank. Single handedly cost United more games than he has won them.

I don't disagree with a word of that but my point was as bad as he is, he can't just be the scapegoat all the time because that is how it comes across.

You look at all those players today, I guess apart from Martial, you pretty much have the first choice players at full disposal, and you are literally struggling to see any with the type of character or mentality it takes to step up and win games for the team. They all hid. Arsenal haven't beaten a top 6 club for yonks away given how shocking they have been. United should go home hurting after that, will they? Not a chance.

I just don't think that same winning mentality is installed in some of these players anymore but it's exactly what you need, especially when you play for a club where expectations and standards are high.

Less glamorous players understood what it took, people like Nicky Butt, Fletcher, Irwin, McClair etc all got it because they bought into the philosophy. Not leaders, but they responded because the bar was always so high set by others.

It's unacceptable really for a club of your stature but I blame the culture of the club for letting that bar slip really. Being happy to qualify for Top 4 in this day and age is embarrassing and exactly an indictment of what this current squad is about.

• Subscriber

How many times has Ole said this after a defeat 

download.thumb.png.dc4e3bb371625a2d232f163f1383ac7d.png

He or Woody pay £35 mill + £5 mill in add ons for van de Beek and he can't even get a full game on a regular basis and the bag of shite gets a game, Ole's time must be up, I can just imagine if Jose was still here and the flack he would have got at our current situation, the media would have ripped him to threads but all we get with Ole is he is young and will learn, give him time.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Balotelli is unquestionably one of the worst players to have ever played for Liverpool in my life. He may have shown quality at City (and other clubs maybe), but he absolutely showed less than Pogba ever did at United.

Balotelli must have been Pogba's love child then? xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived