Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png      VS     image.png

Head to Head Record
Leeds - 47
Draws - 34
Leicester - 42

Last Meeting
24/10/2017 - Leicester 3-1 Leeds (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture
18/01/2014 - Leeds 0-1 Leicester

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Trying to remember everyone we have out here.... Castagne, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Ricardo, Amartey,  I'm sure there are others I've missed. Leeds look dangerous and we're going to have to play well to get something.

I think we're going to set up similarly to how we did at Arsenal and Athens. We will spoil the game and hope to pinch one. There was a point where I thought this would be a cracking open game but I think it will be very much the opposite now. Not that I have a problem with that in said circumstances. Leeds should be respected, they're a dangerous and well coached team.

I'm hoping our overall quality gets us through the game but you already feel that this season is going to be quite a slog and a situation that we're going to be in quite a lot, we've done really quite well so far given the amount we seem to continuously have missing.

I'll be optimistic and say 0-1 to us. We've got a quite good record at Leeds. We've won 5 of our last 7 trips.

I think there is an obvious blueprint this season for teams to use against us.

If you sit back, defend and try to get to HT in the game, there is a good chance you'll eventually frustrate us and pick us off second half. We were so used to that in the Championship.

If you attack us and go toe to toe, it turns into a bit of a slugfest which is brilliant for us as with our attack and the fluidity and movement we have exploits the space. You take us on at your peril a little bit.

It is obvious Rodgers and Leicester will be the former and try to be stubborn. They are an efficient team, not necessarily with flair, but they know how to win football matches with what they've got.

I can see it being much like the Wolves game where we had all the play 1st half and they did what they could to stay in the game and stung us 2nd half.

Ideally we need to score when on top to force Leicester to come out. It would hurt to lose again by another smash and grab. 

On the plus side, we look like we have some decent weapons on the bench these days so plenty of options to change if things aren't working.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think there is an obvious blueprint this season for teams to use against us.

If you sit back, defend and try to get to HT in the game, there is a good chance you'll eventually frustrate us and pick us off second half. We were so used to that in the Championship.

If you attack us and go toe to toe, it turns into a bit of a slugfest which is brilliant for us as with our attack and the fluidity and movement we have exploits the space. You take us on at your peril a little bit.

It is obvious Rodgers and Leicester will be the former and try to be stubborn. They are an efficient team, not necessarily with flair, but they know how to win football matches with what they've got.

I can see it being much like the Wolves game where we had all the play 1st half and they did what they could to stay in the game and stung us 2nd half.

Ideally we need to score when on top to force Leicester to come out. It would hurt to lose again by another smash and grab. 

On the plus side, we look like we have some decent weapons on the bench these days so plenty of options to change if things aren't working.

Interesting.

That first tactic is how we've set up against sides that like to attack and impose themselves on the game i.e. Arsenal and Man City. And it's worked, albeit not pretty. 

Our issue at times this season is conceding too early. So as much as we do like to sit and defend, get at us early and it could work out for you. We do like to try and keep it tight and frustrate opposition. And if Vardy plays - I don't see why he wouldn't now after recovering from injury - we have someone 100% reliable to take a chance we do get if we break off.

I'd love to see us have Under - Vardy - Barnes as our front 3. Extremely pacy. If you were to attack us in numbers we'd definitely get you on the break and target that. My concern is our defence and lack of first team regulars. It could realistically be Albrighton - Fofana - Morgan - Fuchs - Justin as a back line.

• Subscriber

We would be mad to not play like that with the players we have out. We're going to end up naming that same back three we played against AEK - if not then what will it be?

I reckon we're gonna pull this off. I think it'll be a carbon copy of Leeds v Wolves.

• Administrator

What about this though?

Kasper 

Justin - Fofana - Morgan - Fuchs

Mendy

Tielemans - Maddison

Under - Vardy - Barnes

I'm glad Mendy and Barnes came through last night unscathed. Quite clear as well Fuchs was brought off to be saved for Monday night.

Going 4 at the back enables the middle 3 to play (harsh on Praet) but also allows some support for Vardy. If we play 5 at the back, it means one of the midfield have to miss out or one of the front 3. Barnes is better right on the wing and when he comes in centrally he's not as good. 

• Subscriber

I don't think that XI would keep a clean sheet. Lacks defensive nous in midfield and the left side of defence lacks pace. I do appreciate that we're going to have weaknesses whatever we name, it's natural when you have this many out. I really can see it being a similar XI to the one at Athens. I think you get away with Morgan & Fuchs if you have Justin's recovery pace there but not without. If we named that side, I'd be tempted to bring in Praet for Tielemans or Maddison - probably Maddison.

It's tricky. We'll have weaknesses whatever XI we name, it's just a case of can Leeds exploit them. Lets name something completely bonkers and one off so that Bielsa's videos are rendered pointless.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

We would be mad to not play like that with the players we have out. We're going to end up naming that same back three we played against AEK - if not then what will it be?

I reckon we're gonna pull this off. I think it'll be a carbon copy of Leeds v Wolves.

I hope not. We bloody owe you one to be frank, you always seemed to be a bogey side for us. I'd be gutted to walk away with nothing again if we are well on top.

It will be interesting anyway. I'm sure Leicester will have done their homework on us. But I'm not sure you can always We are the only team that plays the way we do. There is no rigid formation, players are swapping positions all the time.

The Leicester players may find it very confusing the way we go man for man so hopefully we catch you on the hop.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I hope not. We bloody owe you one to be frank, you always seemed to be a bogey side for us. I'd be gutted to walk away with nothing again if we are well on top.

It will be interesting anyway. I'm sure Leicester will have done their homework on us. But I'm not sure you can always We are the only team that plays the way we do. There is no rigid formation, players are swapping positions all the time.

The Leicester players may find it very confusing the way we go man for man so hopefully we catch you on the hop.

I expect you to dominate for large parts. We've seemed to develop this knack recently of playing badly and winning. It largely gets forgotten about that even at Man City we were absolutely awful for the first half xD we've ridden our luck at times but the counter is still our forte in my opinion.

The way Wolves won at you was very similar to what we did to Arsenal. I can see similar happening. Could be totally wrong though. I've been wrong about nearly every game of ours this season.

Pochettino on Monday Night Football tonight.

Given how much he worships Bielsa, should be a good watch to get his take on things as well as what's going on elsewhere in the league, particularly Spurs and at Man U.

Still can't believe he is without a job.

I'd take a draw in this one.  Our defensive record has been much better in the past few games and I agree we need to score early.  The Wolves game was symptomatic of Bielsa's first season in the Championship and I can't help but feel we'll have a learning curve in his first season in the Prem as well.  The performances were/will be all largely consistent but the results weren't/won't be.

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Pochettino on Monday Night Football tonight.

Given how much he worships Bielsa, should be a good watch to get his take on things as well as what's going on elsewhere in the league, particularly Spurs and at Man U.

Still can't believe he is without a job.

Lovely of Sky to get an unbiased, impartial pundit on, right!

Big 6 wankfest continues. AND IT'S LIVEEE (soon)!!!

No Rodrigo. Bollocks. Has come into contact with someone who had Covid and has to self isolate. That's a blow. Lost Raphinia too. Ankle injury.

Really did not expect to lose two players of that quality. It's been kept well under wraps that. 

On the plus side, first start for Pablo Hernandez after a while and Liam Cooper is back meaning Ayling can switch back to RB.

Mixed news really. Rodrigo had been looking really good.

• Administrator

Looks like this

Kasper

Justin - Fofana - Fuchs

Albrighton                                      Thomas

Mendy

Praet - Tielemans

Vardy - Barnes

Maddison & Under including on the bench. Evans out injured. 

Bamford could enjoy his night against a very make-shift defence, only one natural centre-back. Might be a diamond just behind Vardy but it's a shape that has worked in the past.

Just hope that it clicks and we don't get embarrassed...

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-4 Leicester City - Monday 2nd November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived