talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-4 Leicester City - Monday 2nd November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester deserved it. Not 4-1 mind, but nevertheless they deserved it. The better side by a way for me.

Damage was done for that shocking first half. I've not seen us quite fall that short of the standards we usually set. As I said before, chalk and cheese from the Villa game. We have really let ourselves down tonight with self inflicted errors.

Ok, we made more of a fight of it second half but it still wasn't right, more huff and puff than actual quality play. The goal was fortuitous.

Maybe if Pablo Hernandez's shot doesn't smash the bar and goes in, it's 2-2 and who knows, but that and Bamford's miss in the opening minute shows the fine margins in this league.

Actually I'd give credit to Rodgers for the Maddison sub as his involvement really stemmed the flow of the game in our favour and his two contributions for the goals was further evidence of that.

I could sum it up beautifully actually by saying we lacked quality in both penalty areas tonight when it counted, defensively as well as attack and we were made to pay.

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-4 Leicester City - Monday 2nd November, 2020
  • Subscriber

It was such an odd game, always thought it had potential to be but having seen Leeds v Wolves I thought we'd take some inspiration from what happened there, but we got at Leeds so much more, we were forcing them into all kinds of errors in the first half.

We rode our luck a little, I do think Leeds should've got more than 1 goal but I think we were well worth the win too.

We've made three bloody signings this summer. Credit to those involved.

• Administrator

Did not expect that. At least not to win by 3 goals and score 4 in the process.

Considering we have so many injuries to key players, and we've set up in back 5 with only one proper CB, we've come away from tonight ridiculously well.

First half it could have been 1-1 by 3 minutes or we could have even had a few by about 20. Meslier looked shaky and the defence in front of him didn't exactly help him. We set up defensively but also had the right people in the right positions to break and counter effectively. 

Vardy's like a fine wine - gets better with age. His reading of the game and anticipation & movement in and around the box is just so, so good. Stays in the width of the 18-yard box so he can link with midfielders but also find himself in the right positions to get on the end of crosses and create/score opportunities. Deserved his goal after he assisted other chances.

Could have been a different game totally had Hernandez scored that golden chance he made for himself. Was ready to get angry at how we'd thrown the game if that had nestled in to the back of the net. The touch and creativity to work the space deserved to be the equaliser.

Thought Albrighton and Thomas did well in their full-back positions, for different reasons. Albrighton reminds me of Milner for Liverpool - ask him to do a job and he'll do it, with no fuss at all. A proper professional. Also played a part in one of the goals, too. Considering he's not usually a RWB, he's handled the defensive side of his game well. Thomas on the other hand was equally good despite his lack of experience. 

Rodgers deserves some praise as much as the players. Made positive subs at the right time. Maddison on for Praet to get some control back in the midfield and exploit some space, and Under for similar reasons further up the pitch. 

If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd have beaten Man City, Arsenal and Leeds all away from home I'd be asking what drugs you taking and how much of it have you taken xD. Mad season so far. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Did not expect that. At least not to win by 3 goals and score 4 in the process.

Considering we have so many injuries to key players, and we've set up in back 5 with only one proper CB, we've come away from tonight ridiculously well.

First half it could have been 1-1 by 3 minutes or we could have even had a few by about 20. Meslier looked shaky and the defence in front of him didn't exactly help him. We set up defensively but also had the right people in the right positions to break and counter effectively. 

Vardy's like a fine wine - gets better with age. His reading of the game and anticipation & movement in and around the box is just so, so good. Stays in the width of the 18-yard box so he can link with midfielders but also find himself in the right positions to get on the end of crosses and create/score opportunities. Deserved his goal after he assisted other chances.

Could have been a different game totally had Hernandez scored that golden chance he made for himself. Was ready to get angry at how we'd thrown the game if that had nestled in to the back of the net. The touch and creativity to work the space deserved to be the equaliser.

Thought Albrighton and Thomas did well in their full-back positions, for different reasons. Albrighton reminds me of Milner for Liverpool - ask him to do a job and he'll do it, with no fuss at all. A proper professional. Also played a part in one of the goals, too. Considering he's not usually a RWB, he's handled the defensive side of his game well. Thomas on the other hand was equally good despite his lack of experience. 

Rodgers deserves some praise as much as the players. Made positive subs at the right time. Maddison on for Praet to get some control back in the midfield and exploit some space, and Under for similar reasons further up the pitch. 

If you'd told me at the start of the season we'd have beaten Man City, Arsenal and Leeds all away from home I'd be asking what drugs you taking and how much of it have you taken xD. Mad season so far. 

Missing so many key players as well. Rodgers has done very well so far this season.

9 points from Arsenal, Athens and Leeds away in a week.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Missing so many key players as well. Rodgers has done very well so far this season.

9 points from Arsenal, Athens and Leeds away in a week.

It's an unexpectedly brilliant start.

At what point do we mention the Hovis to @Lucas :ph34r:?

Leeds will collect points this season and it’s a dodgy one anyway for results but there is something to be said every now and then for the argument that Bielsa has taken a group of mid to above Championship players and has them performing at 120%

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf Leicester fans didn't think they'd beat Leeds?

I know Leeds are a big club, but you know this is their first year back up in the prem right?

So? Promoted teams do beat established teams in the Premier League...

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

So? Promoted teams do beat established teams in the Premier League...

Yeah, and I fully expect teams that expect to be in the Europa League or higher to not be those sides that lose to promoted sides.

Especially when you're a bogey club for them xD

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, and I fully expect teams that expect to be in the Europa League or higher to not be those sides that lose to promoted sides.

I had us to win but given the amount of players we had out (including basically our entire first choice defence), given they've taken points off Man City and pushed you all the way, no I didn't expect to roll them over at all.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

We never do things in halves, to be fair xD

I think it's just the mild expectation that on any given day we could really fuck up and embarrass ourselves. It was only 3 months ago we collapsed against Bournemouth after leading at HT and then only few weeks ago we've lost to Villa & West Ham consecutively...

I have to say I thought Rodgers was doomed after the way last season ended for Leicester. Although there has been a few shaky results you can't deny the work he has done especially with the injuries he has had to deal with. Such an open race for the top 6 places this season. 

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I have to say I thought Rodgers was doomed after the way last season ended for Leicester. Although there has been a few shaky results you can't deny the work he has done especially with the injuries he has had to deal with. Such an open race for the top 6 places this season. 

I had a feeling of similar, I thought this was a big season for him - a make or break for him in this league I think.

I think Rodgers is a very talented coach, albeit a very frustrating one. There's no inbetween with the bloke. He's the perfect fit for us in a way as we're a bit like that as a club. He's nailed it in the last few games, and yet I could just as easily see him setting up some bonkers diamond against Wolves, reintroducing Perez, Choudhury etc... we lose the game and he gives a load of drivel trying to justify moves that make no sense. Probably a bit harsh to come out with this after yesterday but I could totally envisage it xD

We've made an excellent start though all considered. Save for that silly goal against Villa we'd be top of the league.

51 minutes ago, Dan said:

I had a feeling of similar, I thought this was a big season for him - a make or break for him in this league I think.

I think Rodgers is a very talented coach, albeit a very frustrating one. There's no inbetween with the bloke. He's the perfect fit for us in a way as we're a bit like that as a club. He's nailed it in the last few games, and yet I could just as easily see him setting up some bonkers diamond against Wolves, reintroducing Perez, Choudhury etc... we lose the game and he gives a load of drivel trying to justify moves that make no sense. Probably a bit harsh to come out with this after yesterday but I could totally envisage it xD

We've made an excellent start though all considered. Save for that silly goal against Villa we'd be top of the league.

You wouldn't if we hadn't been robbed blind at Goodison. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived