Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Crawley Appoint Harry Kewell As Head Coach

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40013576

League Two side Crawley Town have appointed ex-Leeds United and Liverpool winger Harry Kewell as their new head coach, replacing Dermot Drummy.

Kewell, 38, joined Watford as an under-23 team coach in June 2015, before leaving the club earlier this season.

The former Australia international scored 45 goals in 185 Premier League games for Leeds, before spending five seasons with Liverpool.

He retired in June 2014 after spells at Galatasaray and Melbourne.

Former Newport County manager Warren Feeney, who was sacked by the Exiles in September 2016, has been appointed as Kewell's assistant.

"During his interview Harry showed us great passion - that's needed to make this team move onwards," director of football Selim Gaygusuz told the club website.

Crawley had been without a head coach since Drummy left the club by mutual consent on 4 May.

The Reds finished 19th in League Two this season, five points above the relegation zone.

Friends of mine claim he is an absolute bellend as a coach. Proper screamer.

Turkish owner appoints English speaking player that played in Turkey completing neglecting his knowledge of this division is likely to be slim to none. Should have persevered with Drummy.

Shame they never took Omer Riza off us. He's now tweeting some utterly stupid things, like rumours on who might be buying the club. 

Kewell is an odd choice. He's coached here but doesn't have much of a pedigree in coaching so I think he might struggle. 

Good luck to him but he's definitely not one of the socceroos that i'd thought to be a good leader off the pitch. 

7 hours ago, Spike said:

Harry Kewell is a cunt.

Agreed. I didn't mind Crawley before.

Scenes now if we draw them in a cup competition. Kewell is a sitting duck with a massive target on his back.