• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth Sign Defoe On Free Transfer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

What's the stat? Goals after 90th minute?

yep, not sure why that bit didn't copy xD 

Losing in the 90th minute? Get Defoe on

If it's the 90th minute of a game and your side need a goal, you'll probably feel a lot more hopeful if Jermain Defoe is on the pitch.

That's because the veteran Bournemouth striker is the master of last-minute goals.

from the BBC site.

• Administrator

I wouldn't mind him going tbh. Bit of a desperate thing to half rely on a striker in their mid-30s to have a spot in the squad but he's a proven goalscorer nonetheless. More so than Welbeck surely (i really can't stand him)?

34 minutes ago, Stan said:

I wouldn't mind him going tbh. Bit of a desperate thing to half rely on a striker in their mid-30s to have a spot in the squad but he's a proven goalscorer nonetheless. More so than Welbeck surely (i really can't stand him)?

Yep, and he's reliable to make an impact in the last ten minutes. Regardless of how the team have been playing. Ideally somebody like Tammy Abraham, Dominic Solanke or Callum Wilson would have pushed on this season but it hasn't happened. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yep, and he's reliable to make an impact in the last ten minutes. Regardless of how the team have been playing. Ideally somebody like Tammy Abraham, Dominic Solanke or Callum Wilson would have pushed on this season but it hasn't happened. 

Yeah, i remember putting Abraham in my Fantasy League side at the start of the season thinking he'd hit the ground running and they're not a bad side xD how wrong I was with how shite they were!

Archived