talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth Sign Defoe On Free Transfer

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good god, 120k a week is a massive sum for a club like Bournemouth to be paying.

That said, he's guaranteed goals but you have to wonder how many seasons he has left as a top flight player.

• Administrator

i hope Bournemouth lose this 'plucky' & 'little' tag now.

Spunked millions on Grabban, Gradel, Cook, Gray, now huge wages on Defoe.

They can't be that little now. 

Great news for Bournemouth.  Probably the second best english striker at the moment.  I'm happy for defoe as well he seems like a nice guy. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

i hope Bournemouth lose this 'plucky' & 'little' tag now.

Spunked millions on Grabban, Gradel, Cook, Gray, now huge wages on Defoe.

They can't be that little now. 

They've not been little for years now but the media are so in love with them, it's beyond embarrassing. 

As a League One club they were throwing in excess of £10k a week at players, they're not small. 

• Subscriber

Bournemouth and Eddie Howe have done well, but they have had one hell of a relative backing to do it.

The most bizarre thing about them is it seems like their best players are their cheapest buys. Bit like us actually.

Can see the logic in signing Defoe but £120k a week is absolutely absurd for someone his age, on a 2 year deal with an option of 3. I assume there is some kind of relegation release clause here?

First of all where did they get the money for that? Second off, 120k is a stupid amount of money for him, I understand he'll bag goal but still jeez. I guess I makes up for not having to pay for a transfer? Still for that much be best make at least 12-15 goals.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dickie said:

First of all where did they get the money for that? Second off, 120k is a stupid amount of money for him, I understand he'll bag goal but still jeez. I guess I makes up for not having to pay for a transfer? Still for that much be best make at least 12-15 goals.

promotion to, and then surviving in, the Premier League?

17 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

3 year deal paying Defoe £20m 

Add sign on fee and agent fee it's a bit like a £25-30m signing. Sorry got my Mike Ashley accountant hat on.

I guess split it through the year is a better in their head.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived