• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Group D - Matchday 3 - Tuesday 3rd November, 2020

Recommended Posts

FC Midtjylland vs Ajax, 20.00 (GMT)

Atalanta vs Liverpool, 20.00 (GMT)

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potentially our most difficult game of the group tonight. Hoping Matip is back, I know it’s touch and go right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is for sure the most difficult game of the group thus far. Atalanta are a seriously good team in attack. A win away here would be massive - I'd take a draw too though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rick said:

Potentially our most difficult game of the group tonight. Hoping Matip is back, I know it’s touch and go right now. 

 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This is for sure the most difficult game of the group thus far. Atalanta are a seriously good team in attack. A win away here would be massive - I'd take a draw too though.

I think they may well beat you tonight... going to be a good game I hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bluewolf said:

 

I think they may well beat you tonight... going to be a good game I hope

I wouldn't be surprised, they're a very good side - especially going forward. We've got Gomez in spotty form and are either going to have Matip freshly returned from injury or an 18 year old - the back 4 has a big job on their hands if we're to get anything from this match imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I wouldn't be surprised, they're a very good side - especially going forward. We've got Gomez in spotty form and are either going to have Matip freshly returned from injury or an 18 year old - the back 4 has a big job on their hands if we're to get anything from this match imo.

I think tonight is going to hinge on how well you do up front... If you start well you will probably cause them as many issues as they will you but if you don't I could see them edging this because you are a little light at the back.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two changes from the weekend, Jota in for Firmino & Williams in for Phillips (I wish Phillips was registered for the CL squad after the weekend, but hindsight is 20-20)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's an argument this is our least important game of the season, so I would've been tempted to rotate even more than we have done ahead of City at the weekend.

Really pleased to see Matip and Keita back on the bench though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

There's an argument this is our least important game of the season, so I would've been tempted to rotate even more than we have done ahead of City at the weekend.

Really pleased to see Matip and Keita back on the bench though

I don't think we can say the group games are unimportant until we've actually qualified, tbh. I get the sentiment, but Klopp won't want any complacency. We're 100% so far, but on paper this is a pretty tough group with Ajax and Atalanta and we don't want any banana skins, just want to qualify as quick as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Penalty there he doesnt get the ball and gets the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jota is making a very good case to get a starting position in most games now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jota loving life at Liverpool isn't he?!

5 goals already.

Is there anything worse than McManaman commentating on a Liverpool game?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Jota loving life at Liverpool isn't he?!

5 goals already.

Is there anything worse than McManaman commentating on a Liverpool game?!

Carragher commentating on a Liverpool game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jota deserves to start now, he has to take Firmino’s place for now. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridiculously good goal. That's a player in form for sure. One touch to control and bring it down, and the other to smash it in.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are only so many times you can say how confident Liverpool have been before it starts getting a bit repetitive... might need to turn the sound down soon.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May go a bit unnoticed but how good was that cross from Gomes to completely nullify that backline as well. He's not having a very bad game at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

There are only so many times you can say how confident Liverpool have been before it starts getting a bit repetitive... might need to turn the sound down soon.. 

How many times has McManaman made a weird sound or said that everything that Liverpool do is 'fantastic'...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good half for Liverpool... so full of confidence :ph34r:

Jota looking composed and confident on the ball :ph34r:

Back line looking strong and oozing confidence... :ph34r:

Pretty confident I won't be watching the second half unless I can find a way of turning off the commentary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to say it... Our recruitment team look to have pulled a blinder yet again. Jota is on fire the lad. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rick said:

Jota deserves to start now, he has to take Firmino’s place for now. 

He's in form... he's got to start.

Hopefully this lights a fire under Firmino, because Firmino is still key to us imo - but he's been out of form. I'm glad we've signed Jota though, absolutely quality signing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Confident run from Salah. Confident control of the ball. Confidently cuts it back and confidently finishes. 3-0!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement