talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diego Maradona Dies Aged 60

football forum

• Subscriber

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/03/football/diego-maradona-hospitalized-spt-intl/index.html?utm_content=2020-11-03T20%3A42%3A04&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_source=twcnnbrk

Saw this on twitter and figured I'd post it in the General section unless its already been posted elsewhere. Hope the surgery goes well.

• The title was changed to Diego Maradona to Undergo Surgery for Subdural Hematoma
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Stan said:

Good luck to him for the surgery. 

Is it related to his extensive drug use/lifestyle?

That seems to be the theory around it all. I'd imagine it took its toll a while back and they've come out in the open about it now. 

2020 has been an absolute shitter of a year for deaths but this would be monumental.

Whether you love him or hate him, I'm certainly not ready to lose an icon like him at the moment.

One of the best ever for me. Come on Diego.

• The title was changed to Diego Maradona Undergoes Successful Surgery for Blood Clot on Brain
  • 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

A short video with highlights of his 1986 World Cup performances. 

Look at some of his teammates misses, Maradona basically carried single-handed Argentina to a World Cup win. Legend. 

He was one Higuain away from not winning it

On 04/11/2020 at 14:15, Lucas said:

2020 has been an absolute shitter of a year for deaths but this would be monumental.

Whether you love him or hate him, I'm certainly not ready to lose an icon like him at the moment.

One of the best ever for me. Come on Diego.

Fuck. I hadn't heard anything so assumed he'd be ok.

That's shit. Such a horrible loss.

No doubt there will be some bitter people that will mention '86 and the Hand of God, but now isn't the time.

We're talking about one of the greatest the game has produced here, arguably the greatest in the eyes of some.

If you have not watched the Maradona film, I urge you all to give it a watch to gain such an understanding for the man. Brilliant documentary film, really is.

I can't believe it. Honestly am shocked.

R.I.P Diego. Amazing player. Amazing character. Amazing memories.

IMG_20201125_162942.thumb.jpg.8db7603cc6b401d3901590b4c6b7ec7a.jpg

IMG_20201125_163137.thumb.jpg.2ce4c0db43e6b267c935778db3021db3.jpg

diego-maradona-steve-powell.thumb.jpg.3c4dfbc270e3a9a0207d29cefc463066.jpg

Sad as fuck news. Icon. He chatted alot of crazy shit in the media, but you'll miss that. 

Great character and a part of a small group of players throughout history who will be looked at as the greatest to have played the sport.

His lifestyle caught up with him in the end, but what a life he must have had. From growing up in a seriously rough neighborhood in Buenos Aires to dragging his country to world cup final.

I've just read this sad news, I feared this would happen when he went in for surgery a few weeks ago, but it is now official. One of the greatest footballers in the world has passed away at only 60 years of age. 

This year just seems to have gotten worse with all the deaths that we have heard of. Maradona was an amazing talent, one of the most naturally gifted footballers the world has ever seen, some will say that he was the best ever footballer. It's really sad to hear this news but for all of us who love football, he will never be forgotten. 

R.I.P. Diego Armando Maradona

Archived